Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Extremepush Udyr, Taking Splitpushing to the...

Creator: DeOnde September 14, 2013 3:56pm
DeOnde
<Member>
DeOnde's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2013 3:56pm | Report
So, Udyr is a champion with some very unique mechanics and those were what made me craft this build for him ( i tried it on other champions but it didn't work quite as good). His Wingborne Storm and general character design work very well for this build's finality : Taking splitpushing to the next level.

Pros:

Extremely High Waveclear and AoE damage.

Deals High Ammounts of mixed damage, both physical (from Wilding Claw, Iceborn Gauntlet, and Ravenous Hydra) and magical (from Sunfire Aegis, Statikk Shiv and Wingborne Storm

Very Strong Duelist (necessary for splitpushing)

Very fast clear times

Can push very fast with Wingborne Storm and drop turrets quickly with Wilding Claw

Strong Counterjungler

Very Sustained and durable because of Iron Mantle and Ravenous Hydra

Cons:

Melee ranged

Easily kiteable

Needs Good Team communication to work well

Item Sequence

Spirit of the Ancient Golem 2000
Sunfire Aegis 2700
Iceborn Gauntlet 2600
Ravenous Hydra 3300
Statikk Shiv 2900

The item choices are aimed towards giving you massive AoE damage through Sunfire Aegis, Ravenous Hydra, Iceborn Gauntlet and Statikk Shiv when paired with Wingborne Storm. You startgame item are very similar to many other Udyr builds, Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Sunfire Aegis and Iceborn Gauntlet are very common choices for Udyr. The transition to this build comes after you finish your Tiamat, making your waveclear off the charts.

Runes

Precision
Fleet Footwork
Phase Rush

Greater Mark of Attack Speed means more Wingborne Storm procs, faster jungle clearing and overall higher damage output. greater mark of hybrid penetration is also viable

9 of Greater Seal of Armors are the standart for pretty much anyone, Udyr is no exception, the damage those deny in the early game are too much.

Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist are very good, you probably won't have problems with magic damage dealers until those get better than the flat MR ones.

Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed are very good in the jungle, it works very well in any stage of the game.

So, after this brief overview on my newborn Udyr build, what are you guy's opinion? Does Udyr have what it takes to become the ultimate split-pusher?

Final Note: I'm considering to adapt this build to the top-lane, where you can take Teleport and have a higher map presence, but it's not done yet.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 12:07am | Report
I kinda miss some magic resistance in here. One option could be Wit's End instead of Statikk Shiv.

BTW: Skill Order?
Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Udyr is one of the best orb walker in the game, so I would say he can abuse both Wingborne Storm and Wilding Claw at a gank.
DeOnde
<Member>
DeOnde's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 9:35am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I kinda miss some magic resistance in here. One option could be Wit's End instead of Statikk Shiv.

BTW: Skill Order?
Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Udyr is one of the best orb walker in the game, so I would say he can abuse both Wingborne Storm and Wilding Claw at a gank.

Yeah, i'm aware of this. This build i'm showing is different from what i mostly use when i play Udyr. My common (Phoenix) Udyr build is : Boots of Swiftness/ Ninja Tabi; Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Iceborn Gauntlet, Wit's End/ Locket of the Iron Solari , Randuin's Omen and Spirit Visage (Much tankier than this one, for bigger team utility). I've though of adding Wit's End to this build to have more MR and make them more susceptible to Wingborne Storm, but Statikk Shiv works better for splitpushing (This build's focus).

Yes, this skill sequence you added is mostly what i would max when trying this build. But i think you could also sacrifice some speed by letting Blazing Stampede at 3 points to have greater duelinng with a maxed Iron Mantle.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 11:13am | Report
I can't really see this working unless it's top lane udyr. You'd also probably need teleport, otherwise the enemy team can just group and 5v4 your team. There are better split pushers than udyr, even if you build this way, so I can't really see it catching on
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Bweezle
<Member>
Bweezle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2013 11:48am | Report
So I tried out your build--definitely fantastic push power. You clear most of a wave in one Phoenix punch.

The two issues I found were that if you don't build Sunfire cape early, your tankiness drops off fast and you'll miss teleport after the laning phase. Other than that, it's pretty sweet.

Next game, I'm modifying it for top lane to see how that works.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide