Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gold/10 Runes

Creator: Svingas February 13, 2012 6:35am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 2:04am | Report
I liek mah moniez!
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 4:59am | Report
Ye, noone really answered the question.

Gp10 items and seals are taken mostly by Support champs because they are partners in line to AD carry (in current meta) which should get all the farm and Gp10 is most of supports income in line. In most cases the game on higher level is played very cautiosly so getting an assist isn't so obvious in first 10 minutes.

In current meta as a support you'll line against ranged AD therefore more players get flat Armor seals because armor is a primary stat for Seals; so Gp/10 seals are somewhat dangerous choice because you'll lose some of your early game survivability. Another "no" for Gp10 seals is they match Quints power in 1:4 ratio which is different to most quint ratio which is 1:3 (or even 1:2).

There. I tend to explore it a bit with getting armor marks (speccing 0/9/21) and get +1gp10 from seals which leaves me with +15 armor from runes.

It depends on the champ tho. As Taric you get passive armor and you can try to mess around more with seals, as Soraka you'll get mres so you can mess with glyphs, many options there. As something other than support you'll probably get more edge with other runes.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 9:34am | Report
Ok, to clarify: (in case it wasn't clear enough for the OP)
The Quints are a waste unless you have a lot of IP to spare.
The Seals are a waste.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 9:38am | Report
But the quints are the cheapest quints in the game.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 9:46am | Report
Still not the best in many cases. They're the most versatile quints for supports, but other quints are stronger if you can make use of them.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 10:33am | Report
You'd really be surprised how much free gold helps. If you're playing an AFK solotop, like Irelia; Shen; etc. They are a tremendous bonus.

If you get kills on them, it just multiplies your bonuses and your solotop lead.

TBH, they're very edgy but they help you maintain a lead if you have one and help you if you're behind as well.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:49am | Report
^You're not looking at it the right way.
If you need ~30min for them to be worth more than pure stat runes then they're pretty bad on most champions.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 4:14pm | Report
I'm pretty sure it takes a lot less time than that, Searz. Taking Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power as an example, one is worth about 8.7247 gold per level, versus 6 gold per minute on a GP10 quint. Looking out to minute 20, most champions are going to be level 12 to 14, so the AP/level quint will be worth 104 to 122-ish gold, where the GP10 quint has generated 111 gold; this is about even. Looking into the late game, GP10 quints continue to increase in value even after other scaling quints have ceased to. Also, GP10 quints will about even with flat quints in the midgame.

Also, for the record, taking a look at the other scaling quints, I don't see any worth substantially more than AP/level quints except MP5/level quints, and they hardly count.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 2:41pm | Report
Well your comparison is invalid because AP/lvl quints are pretty bad. Compare good quints instead.

You also need to account for the fact that gold needs inventory space to be of use while stat runes don't.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 3:24pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Well your comparison is invalid because AP/lvl quints are pretty bad. Compare good quints instead.

lifebaka wrote:

Also, for the record, taking a look at the other scaling quints, I don't see any worth substantially more than AP/level quints except MP5/level quints, and they hardly count.

^That (unless you mean something else by "pretty bad", in which case you need to elaborate). I could look at flat quints, but I chose to look at scaling because their stat values (and therefore the gold values of those stats) end up higher than flat quints. If GP10 quints are about even with scaling quints when they pass their associated flat quints, it stands to reason that the GP10 quints are also better than flat quints at this point.

Searz wrote:

You also need to account for the fact that gold needs inventory space to be of use while stat runes don't.

Unless all inventory slots are already full, I'm not sure that this is much of a concern. In the very late game, sure, stat quints are going to be better because there's nothing to use more gold for. But for the rest of the game, any differences are significantly less obvious.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide