Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gold/10 Runes

Creator: Svingas February 13, 2012 6:35am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Surui
<Member>
Surui's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2012 5:14pm | Report
One thing I find weird in what MOST of you is saying is that you won't win a lane with GR/10. Most players don't seem to realize that the argument is about their viability on a SUPPORT. A support has only two sources of income: gold giving items and assistances. Assistances are really hard to go by if you play at a certain level (look at the games between pros, teams have between 10 and 20 kills at most per games. THe support consumes most of his money in wards. I think that GR/10 are viable on them. However, only in quint because you don't want to die too easily early.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2012 5:18pm | Report
They're quite good on a support. No denying that.

I even think on some supports GP10 yellows and whatnot are prty kewl as well.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2012 7:47pm | Report
I get them on Annie and any other AP char that doesn't need mana regen (or even mana period), and most of my AD carries.

Reason being, like already stated, free wards. And the difference armor seals makes is 8.1 armor, a Cloth Armor gives 18 for 300g. The G/10 seals give 270g in a 20 minute game, almost a free cloth armor, ergo much more benefit.

Just my 2IP, G/10 Seals are great if you don't absolutely need something else there.
To be updated soon!
Kantelar
<Member>
Kantelar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 1:01pm | Report
I use seals and quints of gold in EUW for janna, but when I started to play in NA with janna I noticed that only quints for gold plus armor seals are more useful.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 2:51pm | Report
Nyoike wrote:

I get them on Annie and any other AP char that doesn't need mana regen (or even mana period), and most of my AD carries.

Reason being, like already stated, free wards. And the difference armor seals makes is 8.1 armor, a Cloth Armor gives 18 for 300g. The G/10 seals give 270g in a 20 minute game, almost a free cloth armor, ergo much more benefit.

Just my 2IP, G/10 Seals are great if you don't absolutely need something else there.

Not only are those numbers wrong, but you're also not grasping the situation in a lane at all. Or you just play at a very low level of play.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 3:03pm | Report
90% of the time a Support wants only GP/10 Quints.

99% of the time everyone else wants neither.

The only people I would ever use them on are Poppy, Eve and Mundo.

Because those 3 are the most gear dependent champions in the game -_-

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

90% of the time a Support wants only GP/10 Quints.

99% of the time everyone else wants neither.

Kinda, ye.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 3:29pm | Report
Edit*

90% of the time if a support wants Gp/10 runes they only want quints

:o

Ready to be reviewed?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 3:31pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Poppy, Eve and Mundo.

Because those 3 are the most gear dependent champions in the game -_-

Yes, Halfsies, No.

Poppy needs it, Eve wants it, Mundo sucks with or without gear.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Nyoike wrote:

Actually, each Greater Seal of Armor is worth 1.41 armor, so 9 of them would be a bit more than 8.1 armor. But anyway.

Taking Cloth Armor as our base for armor value, the value of a single point of armor would be 300/18 =~ 16.6666... gold. A single armor seal, providing 1.41 armor, therefore provides 23.5 gold worth of armor. At .25 gold per 10 seconds, it would take 940 seconds, or until 17:10, to generate a single armor seal's gold worth. But this doesn't necessarily mean that they're better after this point.

On a support, they might be viable for extremely passive play (armor isn't important if you don't get attacked), but not at all on any AD carries. This is because if the enemy AD notices that your armor is quite a bit lower than theirs, they're going to walk up and attack you. You'll be left with the choice of attacking back (trading), and doing less damage than them, or running. They'll repeat this until they can turn one of these into a kill fairly easily, so you'll be forced to stay away (or die, which I think is fairly obviously bad). If you're not near the minions, you can't kill them for money; you'll be zoned. If the enemies can force you to miss only nine minion kills due to zoning (or killing you) in the first 15 minutes of the game, you'll already be behind on gold more than your GP10 seals make up for. Worst case scenario, you lose the lane, then lose the game. This is what Searz is (probably) talking about.

The above argument is less valid on a support, as you're not supposed to be killing minions anyway. But if your lower armor value contributes to a single kill for the enemy (for 300 gold), that would create a gold gap that it'd take until 201:30 on the clock to recoup with the GP10 seals. As in, never.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide