Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gold/10 Runes

Creator: Svingas February 13, 2012 6:35am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 5:39pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yes, Halfsies, No.

Poppy needs it, Eve wants it, Mundo sucks with or without gear.

Dyrus wants a word with you then :P

He's not actually -that- bad vs certain matchups and can be annoying as hell late game, IF BUILT RIGHT.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 6:07pm | Report
I think Mundo sucks.
Splitcell
<Member>
Splitcell's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2012 8:11pm | Report
I feel like they're a waste on any other type besides a support. The extra gold won't be helping when you've gimped yourself out of seals or a set of quints that up your early damage,CS or whathaveyou.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 8:22am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I think Mundo sucks.

Mundo can solo baron at lvl 7.

:P

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people.
Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around.
Protocol
<Member>
Protocol's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 9:12am | Report
Mundo can be very, very dangerous. But if you shut him down early he isn't worth anything. Nothing is more scary then being in the Solo lane level 9 and then all of sudden you see LB get baron buff, because their jungle solo'd it before anyone warded it.
+Rep if I helped you! | Ahri guide out soon!

Thanks to LeCorpse for my Signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 9:51am | Report
I hope he comes back into viability, because I've played probably 400-500 games on that champion.

I just think he sucks. I still think he needs a little more, like 5-15 resistances somehow to free up his item pathing a little more.
Kantelar
<Member>
Kantelar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 10:07am | Report
I start the lane with 3 quints of gold / armor +13 / glyphs of warding +13 and the items are a Mana Manipulator + a ward ;)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 11:35am | Report
Ye, mundo kinda sucks. Needz buffz. So does Urgot.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 12:11pm | Report
The main problem with GP/10 runes is that you are gimping your potential.

They do not help your early game, they are designed to help your late game, but in reality they just hurt your late late game because everyone with 6 items is stronger than you with 6 items.

They are good for supports i guess, but honestly i would rune for lane dominance instead of late game support.
Tri lane for life.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 7:25am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

The main problem with GP/10 runes is that you are gimping your potential.

They do not help your early game, they are designed to help your late game, but in reality they just hurt your late late game because everyone with 6 items is stronger than you with 6 items.

They are good for supports i guess, but honestly i would rune for lane dominance instead of late game support.

I agree, but lets have some fun to make this viable.

For premade 5v5.
Our setup will look like this,
Mid: Twisted Fate (AP), Top: Gangplank
Bot: Any AD-carry with Soraka, preferably someone with decent mobility, perhaps Caitlyn (Ashe could be interesting to if you decide to skill her E skill first for increased gold per minion, but that would make her totally useless mid game).
Jungle: Strong farmer and counter jungler who can act like a tank mid/late game. Perhaps Skarner or Udyr.

Lets assume, all lanes play really passive, only focus on last hitting. And all got the gold/10 quints.
Take in mind that Twistedfate's passive gives increased gold for each minion and Gangplank get more gold for each last hit with Parrley
Assume we banned Shaco and Lee, (who got really strong ganks early in the game) for more safe defensive play.
Gangplank builds, HoG and Philosopher Stone, and just focus on last hitting with parrley.
Twisted builds a early Philosopher stone and after goes "normal" build.
The jungler builds same as Gangplank, the support does the same.
And the AD carry just go straight out damage.

This setup would generate a high amount of gold/10 (someone care to do the math?), and in theory give a better endgame for your team. Your Gangplank could probably have almost full itemization at 30min with ease if he has focused on farming, Atmogs, Trinity, IE..
Think about the differences for each teams total gold earned, I think those stats would pretty much be superior compared to the "normal" quints, and your team would have a really strong early late game compared to the other team.

But this kind of strategy only would work if you know that it's going to be a long game, and you know that you won't fail your lane.

But the idea is thrilling, isn't it ?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide