Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Hecarim questions

Creator: TheKut April 20, 2012 3:52am
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 3:52am | Report
I bought Hecarim on his release date, and I wonder if my build is any good.
I've only played him duo lane so far since I want to get to know him properly, and I use this following build: If the game goes on long enough or if I'm doing good enough I change Wit's End for Madred's Bloodrazor. Is this build any good? Because it has worked for me most times.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 6:32am | Report
metagolem hecarim? yeah it works. although i feel like he should be less tanky and more damagy then metagolem.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2012 3:25pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

metagolem hecarim? yeah it works. although i feel like he should be less tanky and more damagy then metagolem.

Thank you. Actually, he gets quite damagy even though he's tanky, probably due to his passive too. What would you suggest for change?
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 3:29am | Report
Not quite sure, but IMO his Q interrupts his attack timer.
Atm I wouldn't build him with AS but more with AD + CDR.

If you get 40% your Q will only has a 0.4 sec CD if stacked twice. Way easier to reach than a 2.5 AS (dunno if AS caps at 2.5 or 2.4)
Also don't get Lifesteal, not worth it even if you go full AD. IMO Hextech would be way more sufficient, but it's too extravagant and another item that supports AD champs and supplies spell vamp doesn't exist.

I'm not quite sure, still testing this and that, but skilling him 9/21/0 and buying spirit visage early seems promising.

Ninja Tabi, Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Trinity Force
Subject to change.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 6:26am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Not quite sure, but IMO his Q interrupts his attack timer.
Atm I wouldn't build him with AS but more with AD + CDR.

If you get 40% your Q will only has a 0.4 sec CD if stacked twice. Way easier to reach than a 2.5 AS (dunno if AS caps at 2.5 or 2.4)
Also don't get Lifesteal, not worth it even if you go full AD. IMO Hextech would be way more sufficient, but it's too extravagant and another item that supports AD champs and supplies spell vamp doesn't exist.

I'm not quite sure, still testing this and that, but skilling him 9/21/0 and buying spirit visage early seems promising.

Ninja Tabi, Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Sheen
Glacial Shroud
Trinity Force
Subject to change.

I haven't tried it, but is Spirit Visage that good with Hecarim? If you heal from minions you will only heal 207 at best from his W, and even if it may be good against champs it doesn't last long enough for it to be worth another items spot. This is just my assumption since I, as I said, haven't tried it.
And about his Q interrupting: even if it gets max stacks I will still have time to land 2 hits between each Rampage when I have maxed my AS with this build.
IMAO, you should try this build, I think you would get happily surprised!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 8:46am | Report
Spirit visage less because of the healing effect but more of the hp+mr+cdr (if you face sth with magic dmg ofc)

And regarding AS/Q interrupting:

If you don't buy any extra AS/CDR you can get two hits in late game if you only have Alacrity.
(And dunno what you calculated but you won't max Heca's AS on lvl 18 with only Wit's End, Trinity Force and small stuff like Alacrity ?)

And if I had to comment ypour build: Either way I go strong AD cleave-dps or off-tank like you did, but on him I wouldn't want to go the "hurr durr best 5 standard items for metagolem"-way.
Not to mention that your build would kill Hecarim if he's up against single-target AD.

While Hecarim really lacks single-target dmg your only defense against physical stuff is Atma's which you will buy after Warmog's at best, before that anyone with some lifesteal outdamages you.
Your spells are all aoe (except for your initiater) if you don't surround yourself with enemies your dmg output will really fall off.
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 1:07pm | Report
My biggest dilemma is whether to go Wriggle's or HoG+Philosophers Stone. Itemization after is difficult as well - cuz sheen, hexdrinker, wits end, glacial shroud and aegis are IMO all viable choices. I often end with Frozen Mallet instead of TriForce, as Hecarim needs to keep up with his enemies and he is squishy as **** considering that he needs to be in the midddle of massfight to make the full use out of Q and W.
I think the best build Wriggle+Mercs+Hexdrinker(Maw before Atma's if their AP is fed)+Warmogs+Atma's, but after Atma's nerf I'm not that sure about this.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2012 3:05pm | Report
build him AP, get Lichbane Ult+W=tons of dmg+lich bane proc never stops bwcause of how spammable his Q is.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide