Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Heimerdinger rework: Raise your ****ers

Creator: Vynertje October 30, 2013 12:18am
1 2
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 12:18am | Report
Just a quick post: Heimerdinger has been reworked! Ive had a quick look and he seems really cool to me! What are you thoughs on builds for him?

Im thinking athene's-zhonya's-deathcap, DFG could be nice on him as well
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 1:38am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Im thinking athene's-zhonya's-deathcap, DFG could be nice on him as well

Other than the DFG, that's what I was building on old Heimer in ARAMs so... sounds good. :D
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 12:26pm | Report
I used to hate him. As soon as I noticed the rework in patch notes, I looked at ability videos and bought him immediately. Still the squishiest thing on the planet though.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 12:28pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I used to hate him. As soon as I noticed the rework in patch notes, I looked at ability videos and bought him immediately. Still the squishiest thing on the planet though.

I tend to run barrier to fix this. You usually aren't in range to use ignite anyway.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 12:35pm | Report
Played him a few games. My assessment is that He is vastly improved and more responsive. His turrets are on the squishier side though and far too easy to kill for how much damage they don't really do early on. However, his Grenade is now far easier to land (QQ miss blnd T.T) and set up for his missles which got the damage injection of the gods. Next, his ultimate is on steroids. That mega turret quarter shots people, his quadra missile wave can decimate targets and the mega grenade is massively disruptive.

Now that all the good things are out of the way, the bad; He still suffers the same issues. He's slow, easy to gank and can't roam well. His core issue was that he can't move with team fights easily, but that's been fixed a little. His turrets are more readily available now, but he's still a bit stationary in his gameplay.

Will he be used more? Definitely.

Will he be competitive? Not likely.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 1:12pm | Report

Played him a few games. My assessment is that He is vastly improved and more responsive. His turrets are on the squishier side though and far too easy to kill for how much damage they don't really do early on. However, his Grenade is now far easier to land (QQ miss blnd T.T) and set up for his missles which got the damage injection of the gods. Next, his ultimate is on steroids. That mega turret quarter shots people, his quadra missile wave can decimate targets and the mega grenade is massively disruptive.

Now that all the good things are out of the way, the bad; He still suffers the same issues. He's slow, easy to gank and can't roam well. His core issue was that he can't move with team fights easily, but that's been fixed a little. His turrets are more readily available now, but he's still a bit stationary in his gameplay.

Will he be used more? Definitely.

Will he be competitive? Not likely.

I agree with this.

I dislike the changes on his grenade. The QOL fixes on the projectile speed are good, but I really loved how the blind synergizes with his kit (enemy jumps you, blind him and he is in the middle of your turret fire without damage).

His damage is insane, and this is actually his counter mechanic to things like ganks. You place three level 1 turrets for their base damage, pop Barrier and nuke one of the enemies with ult+W.

One of the things I like quite much is how you can max both Q and W first (and ult either of them as well). In some matchups you want the pressure (through waveclear) from Q, in some others the poke/burst.

Concerning his build: From my experience cooldown reduction might be one of the most useful stats on him. While Tear of the Goddess is quite good and gives a **** ton of AP late game, I feel like you really need Athene's Unholy Grail because of cdr purposes. Zhonya's Hourglass is core as well because of mobility issues. Also, Heimerdinger doesn't need to do anything himself for his DPS.

After my tests, Deathfire Grasp is probably not a good item because of his range compared to that of DFG. You probably won't ever be in a position to use it, so I would just skip it.

Main 5-item build would be:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Athene's Unholy Grail
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff

Now I'm wondering what would be a good final item. Perhaps a GA or another defensive item cause of his super-high damages?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 2:57pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Now I'm wondering what would be a good final item. Perhaps a GA or another defensive item cause of his super-high damages?

Banner of command op
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 3:01pm | Report

I needed to bb-code that to know what that item even does.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 3:01pm | Report
looks op

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2013 3:33pm | Report
I like how his E+Q+W can catch a squishy by surprise and near erradicate them. His kit feels a lot better too, and using R+E or R+W on teamfights your team was able to initiate on is very destructive. Agree with both 1st core items, I'm not sure if liandri or rylai are good on him, although I did well with both on the only PvP game I used him.

Also, I think GA can be nice too since his towers don't blow off if you die no more and in case they change targets when you're back up they'll be firing again.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide