Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help asked making tier list of champion's passives

Creator: Dzeno January 25, 2012 10:24am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 12:33pm | Report
^ Lol.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 12:40pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

^ Lol.

If you only get a rageblade, that's a 128 magic damage per attack passive when overheated.

That's three wit's ends.

It's actually a really good passive :p
Tri lane for life.
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 4:26am | Report
@ Nighthawk and DuffTime

It's not as obvious for everyone as it is for you, so yeah imho it needs discussion.

Also I think I might look at the passives differently than you guys do.

I consider the passives as an isolate element so without the specific skillset of the champion, and imagining a more general skillset.

This is what I think is the role of an AD carry and how it can be achieved. And thus why I place backstab so low

An AD carry needs to deal as much high (constant) damage as possible.

How is this achieved.
1. Doing high damage
2. getting a lot of gold
3. Staying alive

AD carries need expansive items, meaning they need a lot of gold, thus they need many kills.
Killing a few more champions who were trying to flee as not to kill them, because you they didn't have kite capabilities, is very important. Meaning capabilities who slow/stun give you MS when chasing an enemy are very usefull, cause it could give you a few extra kills, where as Backstab is only usefull if you're able to get behind the enemy and hit them before they escape, which is very hard if you don't have kiting skills/items or the right skills (such as shaco does have) to get behind an enemy.
Also any skills that increase overall damage are great cause they increase your damage output over the duration.
But it's also very important to stay alive, because the longer you're alive the more damage you can do, that's the reason lifesteal is build and is so great, because it directly skills of your damage.

Backstab, is only good when you can get behind an enemy (most likely when ganking, which normally your jungler would do). And in a normal fight or when kiting it's not going to help as much as other abilities which give constant higher damage output, survivability and kiting potential imo.

However I do agree that a lot of abilities aren't at the right place, that's why I asked for help. Also I haven't placed a lot of abilities either.

The problem is several people say different things and that ofcourse confuses me as well, because who is right??

Anyway still thanks again for your help I appreciate it a lot, I really do, but please explain me why backstab has to at a higher tier and not tier 2 or 3.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 5:30am | Report
There are a TON of situations where Backstab is applied. It's not that rare as you think.
Whether in lane, roaming, poke fights, and especially chasing, Backstab is used.
You have stated above yourself too - AD carries want to do high damage.

Enemies will constantly be re-positioning themselves (even in teamfights), not just mad chasing you and staying in your face.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 9:13am | Report
You know whats funny?

I have yet to see someone who doesn't turn away from Shaco when he ganks and gives that bonus damage. Even in high elo.

lol

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people.
Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around.
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 10:47am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

You know whats funny?

I have yet to see someone who doesn't turn away from Shaco when he ganks and gives that bonus damage. Even in high elo.

lol

As I said I don't look at the champion to who the passive belongs and his whole skillset, but I look at the passive in a general skillset, most AD champions don't have a teleport (+stealth) skill.

I look at the passives as isolate elements and based thereon I determine their ranking.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 10:53am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

If you

You ninja pwnd me. I was lol'nat Psi.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 10:58am | Report
I read your whole post and my simple response is that you have some people telling you stuff, but many of them are poorly informed and ignorant.

I'm not gonna give you bad information.

AKA take what I tell you more seriously than what they tell you.
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 3:34pm | Report
Okay, well maybe I should :p you seem to know your stuff better than most people do :p.
But I just wont accept everything plainly, I'll think about it myself as well when somebody says something :p.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 4:29pm | Report
Mk, that's fine xP

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide