Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to fix Volibear

Creator: OTGBionicArm August 12, 2012 12:00am
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2012 3:12pm | Report
I like the idea behind the ultimate and passive very much, cred for them, but I don't really like the idea behind Frenzy . As his pretty much only damage output I think it's pretty important that he has decent control over when he can use his active (I take t that he would still have his active after the changes), and that control is not very viable when it's decided by the number of attacks done to him, and not by him.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 6:10pm | Report
Volibears fine as is. Hes like Fiora and Karma in that he is VERY UNDERESTIMATED. His lane is VERY STRONG, he receives jungle ganks like a monster which can get your team fed. He can zone out carries and prevent them from getting farm, thus actually outscaling them. His passive is fine, it's already really strong If you'd give voli an instant heal Mundo needs one too. His Q is fine as is as it is a move speed bonus and a fling on a decent cooldown. His W has a really good passive ability (giving him really good amount of AS, which makes a Wit's do a lot more) and you can't even begin to think that the active on his W isn't strong its like a garen ultimate on a normal skill. His E is a slow(Really good at letting him stick) and fear for minions (Amazing for lane trades). His R is a really strong as it gives you a nice extra chunk of bonus damage as well as giving you some decent push power. As for you suggestions think on this, he's a bear. What do bears do? They run up and maul people, Volibear does just that. Many people like Volibears style of play, I would much rather voli stay as is then get another tank champion a I feel he IS FINE. The tank tag is fine there as he does get really bulky and hard to kill of built right. Just my opinion on it though, Ii would much rather be able to have Volibear as is then changed.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 6:48pm | Report
Voli is fairly decent as laner gotta admit that but fiora? She's just bad! XD

Voli does fall off quite hard and is just outclassed
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 7:06pm | Report
^ thats why he needs to be more defined in his role. He either needs to be a tank or a bruiser. Currently he's just half-***ed at both.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 8:50pm | Report
He IS a bruiser, it's not half ***ed. He deals the same amount of damage a renekton would and is just as tanky.

Also Fiora is AMAZING top lane,she has a strong early game and scales well if she gets farm. You just need your team to bring CC for you.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2012 8:54pm | Report
Berzerk wrote:

He IS a bruiser, it's not half ***ed. He deals the same amount of damage a renekton would and is just as tanky.

Also Fiora is AMAZING top lane,she has a strong early game and scales well if she gets farm. You just need your team to bring CC for you.

You think everything is good top lane though. And he really doesn't deal as much as Renekton.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2012 4:59am | Report
No I play EVERYTHING top lane, I don't think everything is good. Volibear does do as much as renekton actually, as once her gets a wit's and triforce/frozen mallet he does so well in comparison to Renekton. They are comp specific, as every laner is. There is a time for everyone. His kill potential is very high in lane and with a few kills he does actually scale.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 1:43pm | Report
Yea Voli damage is pretty nice, falls of late tho and then he becomes a big tank like Renekton.

Don't take away his Frenzy active, iz so fun!

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 4:23pm | Report
Before doing anything to volibear they need to nerf his passive cdr. "Every 5m?"
I mean right now he's (ok) but if they would make him better his passive would make him broken

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 12:08am | Report
Arkharan wrote:

Before doing anything to volibear they need to nerf his passive cdr. "Every 5m?"
I mean right now he's (ok) but if they would make him better his passive would make him broken

Too bad his passive sucks and is countered by Ignite. It isn't broken at all.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide