Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ionic spark?

Creator: LegitOtaku October 10, 2012 7:32pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 7:42am | Report

Yet the second top champ is Ashe....okay

97% of the League of Legends player base is under 1500 elo. Don't trust the majority, most people don't know what they're doing.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 9:20am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

97% of the League of Legends player base is under 1500 elo. Don't trust the majority, most people don't know what they're doing.

And 90% of the League of Legends players don't play ranked.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 9:22am | Report
Quoted:

Diamond - Top 0.05% to 0.1%
Platinum - Top 0.5% to 1%
Gold - Top 5% to 10%
Silver - Top 40% to 50%

Those stats are directly from Riot as of several weeks ago and only include ranked players.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Keltoc just because people build it doesn't make it a good item. How do you not understand that? I mean being ignorant is one thing, but this goes beyond ignorance.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 12:32pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Teemo, Shen, Shaco and voli are the people who use it. I don't think Shyvana can use it.

Also if you want to splitpush with Shen Ionic Spark allows you to do it faster then SFC. Although yes, SFC is better for Shen in general. But if you want speed, Ionic Spark is where it's at.

When it comes to splitpush shen, there are two options. Sunfire rush (i'm talkin boots 3 pots, giants belt, chain vest, sunfire cape, amazing against AD, especially when you're winning your lane) or ionic spark. Personally, I L-O-V-E sunfire cape rush, especially against 3 ad (ad bruiser top, ad jungler, adc bot). It makes your practically invincible early-mid game. I've playtested ionic spark, and I've had mixed results. I've never used it effectively when I've lost my lane. I feel like the lack of defensive stats can really hurt shen if his team relies on him to 'be the tank' or if he's getting pushed around/abused.

At this very moment, I don't build ionic spark on anyone, but I feel like the only champ that can use it well is shen. I don't play volibear, but I see it working.

Also, people, don't feed the trolls. Kelto is small and confused o.0
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 2:47pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Those stats are directly from Riot as of several weeks ago and only include ranked players.

Whoops, guess I should check my numbers before I start repeating them. :P
EDIT: Unless the 97% included unranked players, in which case we might both be right.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 3:02pm | Report
I love how I was FP, essentially summarized when Ionic Spark works, everyone after is essentially re-iterating what I've already said. GG.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2012 4:13pm | Report

When it comes to splitpush shen, there are two options. Sunfire rush (i'm talkin boots 3 pots, giants belt, chain vest, sunfire cape, amazing against AD, especially when you're winning your lane) or ionic spark. Personally, I L-O-V-E sunfire cape rush, especially against 3 ad (ad bruiser top, ad jungler, adc bot). It makes your practically invincible early-mid game. I've playtested ionic spark, and I've had mixed results. I've never used it effectively when I've lost my lane. I feel like the lack of defensive stats can really hurt shen if his team relies on him to 'be the tank' or if he's getting pushed around/abused.

The thing with SFC is that it's useless if they have AP top or very little ad damage early game. Ionic Spark isn't the greatest defensive item, but you don't build it for that, you build it for your pushing power, that's like the only reason you build it. You push much faster with Spark than SFC.

Also, Spark Teemo is really good, increases his early game damage, splitpush, and even gives him a lil bit of defense too. Really nice.

Keltocdragon
<Member>
Keltocdragon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:05am | Report
Thought this thread was for if Ionic spark was viable, not weather it was better than sun fire cape...at splitpushing..huh....o well
Go with what works and enjoy the game:)
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2012 10:07am | Report
I wasnt high. I was freaking out that the coding was jacked up for some obscene reason.
In all seriousness, voli, teemo, and shen are the champs that i see it being actually useful for, and shen usually has an early wits end too. But you should probably end up selling it once several of the towers are gone to buy something else more useful.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide