Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kennen runes

Creator: FlyerDragon May 19, 2012 6:45am
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:35am | Report
Boots+pots also helps you avoid skillshots and position for Thundering Shuriken without having to use Lightning Rush every single time.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:43am | Report
^ Agreed. I go Boots Pots almost on all my ap mid, except a certain few like galio or ryze.
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:56am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Boots+pots also helps you avoid skillshots and position for Thundering Shuriken without having to use Lightning Rush every single time.

What's wrong with using E every time? You can and you should, you aren't Galio in that your speed boost takes up mana, you're Kennen with free boosts in a short cooldown.

Why do you use Q to harass? IMO using W passive is better early game to harass, and doesn't require as much positioning. I know I only usr Q if the other laner is out of position, last hitting, sustain, or I'm going for a kill.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 12:05pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

What's wrong with using E every time? You can and you should, you aren't Galio in that your speed boost takes up mana, you're Kennen with free boosts in a short cooldown.

Why do you use Q to harass? IMO using W passive is better early game to harass, and doesn't require as much positioning. I know I only usr Q if the other laner is out of position, last hitting, sustain, or I'm going for a kill.

If you're using E every time it comes off cooldown, you're at a huge risk of being ganked.
"Kennen's escape is down, GO NOW!" is probably what they'll be thinking.

EDIT: Disregrad the first sentence. I phrased it wrong and I don't feel like clarifying. Using it to dodge skillshots that'll kill you like Swain snare is fine. using it for positioning for a Q, not so much as you're using a ton of energy.
True love is found only in yourself.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 12:22pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

-I am a jungler
-I see/my lane tells me that you're using your E aggressively a lot
-I camp just out of sight
-I see you use E
-I and my lane rush in, CC and kill you

I'm especially likely to do this if I also see you started without boots and without potions.

tehAsian wrote:

Why not? It's free on a short cooldown and unlike E it doesn't really help if you get ganked.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 5:05pm | Report
USing E to avoid harrass is fine. But I dont see why you don't want that extra MS and health? And why not spam Q? Like you said, Kennen uses energy and its on a low CD.
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Xiron
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:28pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Marks: Flat Magic Penetration
Seals: Flat Armor or HP/level
Glyphs: Flat MR
Quints: Flat AP or Spell Vamp

what she said
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 4:03am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

what she said

For mid lane, yes. Top might be a different matter.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 10:02am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

If you're using E every time it comes off cooldown, you're at a huge risk of being ganked.
"Kennen's escape is down, GO NOW!" is probably what they'll be thinking.

Except mid lane is the hardest lane to gank. Of course you won't use if every time, you'd want to save it for ganks, but avoiding damage and staying at full health discourages getting ganked.

Luther3000 wrote:

-I am a jungler
-I see/my lane tells me that you're using your E aggressively a lot
-I camp just out of sight
-I see you use E
-I and my lane rush in, CC and kill you

I'm especially likely to do this if I also see you started without boots and without potions.

-OK.
-I was never using it aggressively. Dodging skillshots is playing defensively.
-OK.
-OK.
-If I dodge your skillshots, it would be on cooldown and you will lack the burst and maybe even the CC to kill me. Plus, I have 600+ health at level 1, auto-attacks and 1 maybe 2 skills aren't enough to take that out.

Lightning Rush discourages ganks too. Unless you have some hard CC that is lock-on like Twisted Advance or Cryptic Gaze, or blow Flash/ Ghost just to catch him, Kennen is impossible to gank if he's not super super overextended.

Luther3000 wrote:

Why not? It's free on a short cooldown and unlike E it doesn't really help if you get ganked.

Not why not, more like can not.

You can't harass with Q if they stand behind minions. Unless you use E aggressively, which we aren't doing, Q is mostly useless except for what I said:
  • Last hitting
  • Hit out of position enemies (not really going to happen)
  • Sustain with Spell Vamp quints
  • Going in for a kill, when I stun them for a sure hit.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 4:30pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

Not why not, more like can not.

You can't harass with Q if they stand behind minions. Unless you use E aggressively, which we aren't doing, Q is mostly useless except for what I said:
  • Last hitting
  • Hit out of position enemies (not really going to happen)
  • Sustain with Spell Vamp quints
  • Going in for a kill, when I stun them for a sure hit.

This is true. Unless your enemy is a fool, he will stay behind his Minnions. But as Luther must of meant, whenever you have the chance to harras, I say go for it, but I don't like losing a single CS for harras. One thing I like to do, is whenever they blow a spell or two, I Lightning Rush in, with an already existing Mark of the Storm from the passive of Electrical Surge. Then before LR finishes I run back. While I am running, I eaither use TS or ES Active to stun them and they can't harras back.
Thanks to Arcana3

Xiron

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide