Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kennen runes

Creator: FlyerDragon May 19, 2012 6:45am
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 9:34am | Report
Kennen is not Karthus.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 9:41am | Report
Kennen doesn't give any ****s. He'll be Karthus if he wants to be.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 9:43am | Report
mpen marks, armor or hp seals, ap/lvl glyphs or mr glyphs (if you can combine for 24 mr) and flat ap quints.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 9:57am | Report
First Psi, explain why Dorans + spell vamp quints are bad in mid. You could never go wrong with extra regen and 120 health, with Armor for AA trades.

Second, E >W > R > Q uses up all your energy, true, but unless you are attempting to use it on a full health champion or someone with reasonable health and magic resist, they will die. Or, if you incorrectly tie together your skills and only hit 1 person in a group of 3-4.

If you use it in a teamfight, R actually regenerates more than enough energy to keep your energy up, plus you'll have Zhonyas to stall.

At level 3 Ult, the energy cost is 40, and lasts for 5 seconds. In 5 seconds, you restore 50 energy, which more than makes up the initial cost. Kennen's passive gives him 25 energy per stun. Realistically, if you JUST used your ult 3 people will have been stunned. That means over the course of that 5 seconds, you used 40 energy, regenerated 50, and regained 75, which is a total gain of 85, from 200 max energy. You'll have more than enough to E, W, spam Qs, whatever.

Lets say you're in a teamfight. With EWRQ, lets say, due to Es bonus movespeed, you manage to stun 4 champions. This time, you have an extra 85 energy usage, but 25 additional gain and two marks on 4 champions on the other team, meaning a net loss of 65. You have 135 remaining energy, but because of Kennen's low cooldowns, you get off another W, getting, lets say 3 stuns because someone was out of range, that will put you over your energy cap again. And this was all without using Q for 5 man stuns, or the W passive.

PsiGuard wrote:

More regen means more opportunities to do damage.

Not necessarily the case. Early game Kennen is heavily restricted by cooldowns. His natural regen and long cooldowns will more than make up for the usage of energy.

Lastly, don't praise something you've never tried. I thought Evelynn was fun and OP, and now look.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 10:01am | Report
Starting with a Doran's item is usually bad because you have no recourse if you get chunked. All you can do is go back to base, and if this happens in the first couple of levels your lane is basically ****ed. It's just risky as hell. It's especially bad if you get ganked early since you don't have the movespeed and you can't recover from any damage the jungler inflicts.

Honestly the mobility and sustain from boots + pots start is just too good at the moment to not do it. Every single person on the team generally starts boots these days except the support.
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 10:07am | Report
Ok, I use Energy Regen and Spell Vamp Quints on my Kennen. It is really a matter of choice, I happen to run out of energy fast in team-fights and that is why I like eneryg regen Seals. If you don't want energy regen runes, I would reccomend these:

Flat Magic Pen Marks
Armor Seals/Flat Health/Health Per Level
Mr Glyphs
Spell Vamp Quints

I personnally love Energy Regen runes, though I only use it when I know for sure I will be playing Kennen, cause I only have 2 rune pages, one for Ad and Ap. So I can't always have my energy runes on when I play cause I don't know If I will be playing Kennen before the game. So my regular set up is:

Flat MP Marks
Armor Seals
Mr Glyphs
Spell Vamp Qunits

Doran's Shield is an ok item on Kennen. I prefer Boots 3 pots, more speed and health.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 10:13am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Starting with a Doran's item is usually bad because you have no recourse if you get chunked. All you can do is go back to base, and if this happens in the first couple of levels your lane is basically ****ed. It's just risky as hell. It's especially bad if you get ganked early since you don't have the movespeed and you can't recover from any damage the jungler inflicts.

Spell Vamp Quints + Transmutation makes you regen quite a bit off Q. Because Kennen runs off energy and Q has high range, there's not much stopping you from healing it back up. And Lightning Rush brings you to well over 500 MS without boots.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 10:26am | Report
Yes but you can't risk waiting for regen if you're at like 100-200 health. If you get that low from a gank or a mistake all I have to do is flash forward and ignite you and you're dead.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:03am | Report
My point is Luther, with Lightning Rush to escape most ganks easily, extra bulkiness from Doran's Shield, and 9% spell vamp with infinite energy, it's nearly impossible to get that low unless they have REALLY high burst from both the jungle and lane, which doesn't happen often.

Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 11:32am | Report
Yeah you did get like high ms with Lightning Rush, but u dont' have that ms when u are out of LR. So that's why I prefer Boots 3 pots.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide