Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lanewick - Rune questions

Creator: TheTieThatBinds December 31, 2011 10:38pm
1 2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:01pm | Report
I really don't think Bloodthirster is a good choice. Even Wriggles imo is not necessary on Warwick.

Go something like Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's Shoes, Wit's End, Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage and tank all the way.
TheTieThatBinds
<Member>
TheTieThatBinds's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:14pm | Report
I normally have Berserker Boots, Wriggles, Wit's End, Spirit Visage, Black Cleaver, and Bloodthirster.

I get bloodthirster for the sheer fact that is has the most AD on it, and gets even more when fully stacked. The Lifesteal is just a great extra IMO. I sometimes will sell wriggles for Last Whisper or Frozen Mallet.

If i was going to build a tank, i would go Warmogs, Atma's Impailer, Mecury's Treads, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, and Frozen Heart.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:16pm | Report
And then you get stunned for one second and die immediatly. :P
TheTieThatBinds
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

And then you get stunned for one second and die immediatly. :P

if that happens u are a horrible Warwick player and should quit...
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:20pm | Report
^Because mr. pro here never takes a stun. Not even when he stands there suppressing someone in the middle of a team fight.

You don't even have a single defense against CC. Even a Quicksilver Sash would at least make that build a tiny bit more viable.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
TheTieThatBinds
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:28pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

^Because mr. pro here never takes a stun. Not even when he stands there suppressing someone in the middle of a team fight.

You don't even have a single defense against CC. Even a Quicksilver Sash would at least make that build a tiny bit more viable.

its not that I don't take a stun, I rarely put myself in the situation where I take a stun and sit there. I take stuns, didn't say I didn't, but I don't stay in and get myself killed. I run away, heal up and come back, which takes about 10-20 sec., and this is one on one, not team fights. Team fights, I can initiate, but aren't usually the initiator because we usually have a ranged or a tank that starts it.

quicksilver sash would be nice, that would give me around 130-ish MR with Wit's End and Spirit Visage. I would be hard to kill for casters :D but what to replace would be the hard task. I would probably say wriggles, but I usually buy that 1st or 2nd, because of the free wards, but the other stuff is good also.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:32pm | Report
Wriggles probably isn't necessary if you already have Bloodthirster.

But I still think a CC and/or burst heavy team just counters an AS/lifesteal build way too hard. When you rely on lifesteal for survivability, you're counting on the ability to keep attacking people. Usually a team comp has enough defenses to stop you from doing that. There's usually an Ignite and Exhaust or two, a lot of hard CC and a lot of burst damage.

Afterthought: Guardian Angel might also work there since you'd be able to get back to full health in a short amount of time. You'll have to hope they don't have much CC left when you revive or you'll be facing the same problem though.

And yes, if we're talking the viability of a full build, we ARE talking about team fights. You aren't going to be 1v1ing each of them at that stage in the game.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:35pm | Report
With that build you have Wriggles as your only armour item. If you get stunned and attacked by an AD carry, you're seriously going to die right away.

Melee range champion without armour just doesn't work, except perhaps Tryndamere.
TheTieThatBinds
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:37pm | Report
yeah, that guardian angel has always been an idea for me. I haven't tested it yet, to see how viable it would be for this build.

As for the wriggles, its the 1st or 2nd thing I get. Once I get bloodthirster, I usually sell it for gold toward something else. Yeah, I agree, bloodthirster+wriggles is a little overboard. Ill try Guardian Angel next instead of LW or frozen hammer and see what it does for me.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide