Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leona in High Elo

Creator: defiantscum0722 February 25, 2013 9:12pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:10pm | Report
I find Leona to be great for soloqueue if you know how to initiate. She provides a lot more presence in team fights than most supports and can make her own plays rather than just waiting for someone on your team to figure out that they should initiate.

Generally I'll build Philosopher's Stone (though it's optional), Ruby Sightstone and Locket of the Iron Solari and/or Runic Bulwark. You usually won't get past that point. Shurelya's Battlesong is also pretty good. Boots can be anything from Ninja Tabi to Ionian Boots of Lucidity or even Mobility Boots.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 1:48pm | Report
I still feel a lot safer with Leona in duo queue, because countless times i've seen Leonas initiate in the lane and their carry would just keep farming and pretend nothing is happening, and she would usually pay the price. If you're duoing/have a non-brain-damaged carry with you, she can work wonders
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 1:54pm | Report
Well, a duo bot lane with communication is always going to be better than solo queue. Leona isn't unique in that regard.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
defiantscum0722
<Member>
defiantscum0722's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 2:22pm | Report
Man she is hard to play in soloq which I mostly play since I don't have any friends yet. Dive in tank then die when your teammates are kinda brain-neutral. I had shining moments following Ayushgag, MissMaw and Thalia Kaels tips but only a few shining moments which when I had a good AD in the lane with me. Thanks for the tips guys.
defiantscum0722
<Member>
defiantscum0722's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 2:26pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I find Leona to be great for soloqueue if you know how to initiate. She provides a lot more presence in team fights than most supports and can make her own plays rather than just waiting for someone on your team to figure out that they should initiate.

Generally I'll build Philosopher's Stone (though it's optional), Ruby Sightstone and Locket of the Iron Solari and/or Runic Bulwark. You usually won't get past that point. Shurelya's Battlesong is also pretty good. Boots can be anything from Ninja Tabi to Ionian Boots of Lucidity or even Mobility Boots.

Soloq Leona sometimes wanna make me bash my head against the table and just go wild especially on lower level non ranked games. It's so hard to find a decent teammate who can understand her role even if I point out that I'm gonna dive and tank and all they have to do is hit. Is warmogs armor good as a luxury item?
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:32pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Well, a duo bot lane with communication is always going to be better than solo queue. Leona isn't unique in that regard.

I wasn't saying she's unique, what i meant is that she emphasizes it
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:00pm | Report

Soloq Leona sometimes wanna make me bash my head against the table and just go wild especially on lower level non ranked games. It's so hard to find a decent teammate who can understand her role even if I point out that I'm gonna dive and tank and all they have to do is hit. Is warmogs armor good as a luxury item?

I would have to agree that Leona is a lot more difficult to play effectively if you're playing with a team that really doesn't know what they're doing, but at least she can lead the charge and make plays that most people can recognize. I find it much more difficult to play other supports like Nunu & Willump with players that don't know what they're doing.

Warmog's Armor is great if you can afford it. Usually you won't be able to, though. In some games you might just want to work towards a big pickup like Runic Bulwark instead, even if you have a lot of gold in the bank.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:16pm | Report

Man she is hard to play in soloq which I mostly play since I don't have any friends yet. Dive in tank then die when your teammates are kinda brain-neutral. I had shining moments following Ayushgag, MissMaw and Thalia Kaels tips but only a few shining moments which when I had a good AD in the lane with me. Thanks for the tips guys.

SoloQ is a good place to find friends, yknow. If you played well with an AD you can add him/her and become friends forevers :3 ooor you can meet someone on moba too. It's generally not hard to find a goodish AD as it is to find a good support
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:20pm | Report
^this.

though it sucks balls when you play Leona and end up with an AD who's a total wimp that doesn't wanna auto-attack the enemies. 8D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2013 5:30pm | Report
Quoted:

SoloQ is a good place to find friends, yknow. If you played well with an AD you can add him/her and become friends forevers :3 ooor you can meet someone on moba too. It's generally not hard to find a goodish AD as it is to find a good support

ew
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide