Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Liandry's Torment on Corki

Creator: Joxuu October 9, 2014 9:58am
1 2
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 9:58am | Report
Effective in Siege/poke compositions and against champions like Dr. Mundo, Gnar, Nunu & Willump.
Build something around like this:

Starters: Trinity Force, Sorcerer's Shoes
Follow with: Infinity Edge, Blade of the Ruined King OR Bloodthirster
Finish with: Last Whisper, Liandry's Torment.
Optional: Get Haunting Guise in the mid game and leave it there.

Why I think it's good: 3/4 of Corki's abilities deal magic damage and late game team fights
pretty much is all about spamming rockets and Q, propably using auto attacks in between if there
is a chance. None of the abilities really benefit too much from AD and Corki is really long ranged
and has a great escape so the chance of getting caught (should be) slim.

I've tried and played around with it and I must say It's working out pretty neat.
It works wonders with double buffs. Discuss.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 2:57pm | Report
Even while you can make use of it's stats, and the MPen would really hurt squishies, I wouldn't go for it.
You still need perm CC on the target for the dmg not to be minimal + except for MAYBE the tank, an AA would make more dmg than the 3sec dot.

If you want to go down that road I'd suggest 2 other AP item choices being a bit more fitting:

- If you can get close enough before unleashing your arsenal Blackfire Torch

- Or since you mentioned the "nearly all is magic dmg" why not try Void Staff ?

Like Liandry's Torment both items would make it a lot easier to take down tanks, but since most of the time you should pick on squishies anyway (long distance rockets and such) I can't see a reason to go for any of these, if not for a really specific opponent setup.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 3:26pm | Report
Blackfire Torch? Do we play on Twisted Treeline or what? And no, that item is for burst, Corki deals sustained damage and can't really abuse the damage increase. Deathfire Grasp, which is the actual item, just offers 4 seconds.

Full AP Corki would be also quite funny with Athene's Unholy Grail, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Liandry's Torment, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass and Void Staff. The CDR should be really usefull to get the maximum out of your Missile Barrage. Great for poking, not so much at hard engages. The question is, why not just play AP Kog'Maw instead.

About AD Corki, no, there is a reason why nobody uses hybrid builds, totally ineficcient. If you really wanna shredd tanks, get Black Cleaver+ Last Whisper+ Blade of the Ruined King. There goes the tank.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 4:09pm | Report
Ya, meant DFG.

But even while he's OBVIOUSLY a DPS type if you simply think of his Gatling Gun and the fact that he's an ADC...

DFG would only affect his spells anyway. So, DFG+Phosphorus Bomb+Big Rocket Ult and that's it for the amplifying effect (Valkyrie excluded if needed as retreat), which would actually hurt quite a bit.

But all of this aside, it was only a suggestion for an AP item that could fit him more than Liandry's.
Yet alone the fact that you need to get close enough to you use DFG, while you have the means to harass on range with his spells leads the use of it ad absurdum.

Not to mention that all three items would be used as tank killers, the sole thing you shouldnt hit as ADC...
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 4:59pm | Report
I don't see a reason to take double armor penetration items on a champion which only deals AD damage with basic attacks and with Gatling Gun, both which are not used more than the magic damaging abilities. Even an AP item would feel more beneficial than Black Cleaver added to the mix.

Ignore AP Corki + DFG cus those ain't gonna happen. Soloely arguing for the Liandry's Torment here for AD Corki.

For the usage of it: Liandry's Torment is used quite often. Top 5 Korean Corki players do get Liandry's Torment. (<-- An exmaple and a counter-arguement) Most of the damage from Corki comes from the ulti + Q poke in team fights still. I'd say ap pen > ad pen if the enemy has same base values in resistances.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 5:04pm | Report
The main problem is that you need to get reasonably close to do most of your damage because you have entirely AD items....which means your long range is moot. So you should probably buy GA or Banshees.
If it's a really rare situation I guess you could buy llandrys as a sort of damage replacemental for items like BT.

Basically MOBAFire.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 5:11pm | Report
I've actually tried it myself twice too and was quite surprised by the positive results. Your rockets really do quite a sizeable chunk of damage, though I haven't compared it to a standard build.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 6:04pm | Report
The main issue I see here is that you're sacrificing either a damage item or a defensive item for it. An early Haunting Guise after a core AD item like Trinity Force may be funny tho.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 2:35am | Report
Yep, only to sell it later.

The main reason it would be funny imo is the extra MPen against squishies.

That's why I think a Void Staff + Sorcerer's Shoes could yield comparable if not even better results, if you simply want to add an AP item.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 6:09am | Report
You need base AD for laning and trades so early Liandry's Torment is not efficient. You're relying on basic AD still at this point of the game. I can see it being a possibility after IE or BT. EDIT: You said HS :O, I think Haunting Guise is a reasonable pick-up.

About the damage item: I thought the same. I need to give up 1 damage item (well liandry's is a damage item) but what damage item ? I can't really think of 6th offensive item for late game. It will cost a defensive item however. I propably wouldn't take Liandry's Torment to a game where they have really good initiation or something like Zed ulti. Otherwise I think it's fine to skip the defensive item due long range and escape ability.

@DaCurse: Haunting Guise is a good item on it's own. It's not too special to get it and sell it later on the game to get last items done. Void Staff doesn't give as much overall damage as Liandry's. That's why I'm not taking it. It's components canno't be compared to the efficien of Haunting Guise either.

I'm not expecting to see Liandry's Torment being a popular pick up (for a long time at least). I like it and I feel like it's doing wonders so I'll propably take it whenever I don't need the extra defensive item. I've yet to decide if I should take it as 3rd or last item.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide