Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Making Sion more viable

Creator: NicknameMy March 11, 2013 1:04pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 4:59am | Report
Nobody wants to play him right now except for you and a few other diehard fans. Whats wrong with the concept of him becoming a mage? His most effective build currently is AP anyway
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 5:00am | Report
Because that is 100% against his nature and makes him a 100% different champ. He was concipated as a undead bruiser and should be that. If you want a mage, create a ******* new champ.

Hey, why not just splitting Sion in Sion A and Sion B, one beeing bruiser and one beeing mage. Would be fun to see. For story, in a battle, he got splitted in halve by Garen and both halves live on. One is his mage part and one is his bruiser part.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 5:35am | Report
if they can scrap trundles lore which was actually good, I dont see why they cant scrap Sion's too, which is boring.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:15am | Report
Shadow Isles Sion?

As requested to GMD himself.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 9:18am | Report
Anythings better than obvious Arnold impersonator Sion.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2013 7:42pm | Report
If Lich Bane still did physical damage his Ultimate would still be good on AP Sion :(. I'm really sad they changed that. Same for AP Nasus and his Passive

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:15am | Report
BTW: Here is a quote from Morello:

Quoted:
Let me clear up one thing, though - there's no world in which we make an old champion with a schizo kit into two complete champions. This is really about resource allocation usage and efficiency, as it obviously takes 2x the work to make 2x the champions, and whenever we're doing one thing, we're not doing another thing (and there's lots to be done!) Sion being reworked faithfully is not worth another rework not coming out, another champion who brings something new, or any myriad of other fixes we could be doing.

Additionally, and while I understand very well the attachment people can have to a champion, I think retaining Sion faithfully is exactly what I don't want to do. "Why?!" you may ask!

Sion's AD kit has some bare-bones tools that can apply well to a lifesteal guy, but those could use updating as well (AS on this guy...hmmmmm), but importantly, the AP kit has little-to-no counter play or interaction at all. There's something to be said about the shield being interesting, but I think it's bad when combined with a single target stun and as a burst nuke overall. Additionally, he's basically a creative mess - a Zombie Axe guy that casts spells and does an assortment of disjointed things with old Arnold movie quotes. The only reason to even consider that is for legacy - which has value - but not enough on its own in many cases.

In this case, unlike someone like Urgot who is just niche, Sion is a low attachment character with low counterplay, interaction, and no creative hooks. What I do think could be interesting about Sion isn't his kit, but the idea behind him - a massive, unmovable undead lifesteal tank. That has legs (heh) and can really be developed into a resurgence/HP Steal character befitting of the idea, and it gives us lots of opportunities with the art.

Thought I'd just update our direction here so you guys could see our thinking and there can be discussion. I know there will be people attached to original Sion, but in this case (and this is not by any means a default stance for me), I think it has to play second stage to making the character something not-bad.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:18am | Report
So... he's most likely going to be an AD lifesteal machine?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:50am | Report
Yeah, that is what I did understand and this is also what fits his desing best.
He is gonna kill you!!!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2013 3:57am | Report
^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide