Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malphite trouble

Creator: Benjaminge666 July 28, 2014 8:32pm
Benjaminge666
<Member>
Benjaminge666's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:32pm | Report
Hey guys, I've been playing LoL on and off for almost 2years now and literally have only ever played Malphite since i started the game he is the champ i got introduced to and I instantly loved playing him and have never ever played any other champion I just bought the mecha skin for malphite and it is beautiful in game! Anyway I am always trying to find new ways to increase my performance with Malphite and I am currently using this build:

Randiums Omen
Spirit of Visage
Warmogs Armour
Mercury treds - Captain
Sunfire Cape
Face of the mountain

Yes I know this is a very tanked up health build and it does work but I got suggested to drop one of these items for Frozen Heart but I have no idea which item to change or even if it will work so can anybody help out here? If anybody has a similar build that is tanky but can throw some extra mana in there it would be great help

Thanks! :)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 8:48pm | Report
face of the mountain is a support item

Iceborn Gauntlet or Frozen Heart are good on imo

Abyssal Mask is also viable when you need to deal damage and still tank it

Mercury's Treads - Captain imo you should be using Mercury's Treads - Distortion
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:10am | Report
My favorite build i have for Malphite at the moment is Glacial Shroud + Giant's Belt into Trinity Force. This is mostly because i pick him vs squishier AD toplanes and vs AD carries/AP carries that are immobile. For example if the enemy team has a Xerath in soloqueue you can easily wreck him in every teamfight with Trinity Force, even without magic resist. I think Malphite can be one of the strongest toplaners in soloqueue since most people don't know when to peel.
I was born nude but now i am dude
Benjaminge666
<Member>
Benjaminge666's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:14am | Report
I play a lot of bottom lane support with Malphite so that's why this build I use is very tanky but I'm going on to top lane solo so again I'm wondering if my current build will be ok?
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 7:07am | Report
I play a lot of bottom lane support with Malphite so that's why this build I use is very tanky but I'm going on to top lane solo so again I'm wondering if my current build will be ok?

Build varies depending on composition and stuff. Basically all you need to keep in mind is that on toplane, stats > utility, so build tanky earlygame and don't waste gold on boots etc.

For boots choices mid- and lategame the best boots are by far Ninja Tabi(ad carries have so much damage at the moment), but in some cases Mercury's Treads are a bit better. Your damage is increased by a pretty big amount vs squishies with Sorceror's shoes though, so they can be very worth it vs immobile champions and when 1v1ing most matchups.

Otherwise its just knowing what bruiserish/tanky items are good for you. Most people say that Sunfire cape is a huge core item for Malphite but i don't think so unless you need to push out/shove lanes.
I was born nude but now i am dude
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 6:16am | Report
Malphite can go a few roads of builds. If you're going tank top I'd suggest you rush either Sunfire Aegis or Randuin's Omen depending on what you want to do. If you want to split push go for sunfire, if you want teamfight pressance go for randuin. If you have a magic damage top laner then rush Spectre's Cowl and build it into Banshee's Veil when you feel like it's necessary. Don't build Spirit Visage. If you're up against a Jax then rush Ninja Tabi and then obliterate him. If your opponants have a very magic damage heavy team you can go for an Abyssal Mask. It's a bit of a luxury item and is in no way core. You will however need Glacial Shroud and build it into either Frozen Heart or Iceborn Gauntlet.

If you want a semi-damage build you can go for Trinity Force or Iceborn Gauntlet and build Abyssal Mask. Then you should also build Guardian Angel to make sure you don't die before you dish out enough damage.

Then we have the AP build. Go for standard burst mage with Deathfire Grasp, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass and Void Staff. Also Athene's Unholy Grail for laning.

If want to have a bit of fun then you can go the AD bruiser path. Build Ravenous Hydra, Trinity Force and Blade of the Ruined King and then Randuin's Omen and Guardian Angel. This path doesn't work oo great but you will deal quite some AoE with your W.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Rod of Ages

Also, anyone suggesting an AP burst build (or the AD build which will be announced by some dweeb later on) is purely for normal queueing. That or for low ELO games. Those builds suck *** compared to tank malphite. That or unless you REALLY know what you're doing (but judging by this thread, you're not there yet).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide