Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nasus Skills

Creator: Beeswarm17 November 1, 2011 10:50pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 10:24am | Report
There's options.

Nasus can't win every lane by maxing Q.

Examples of champions where you'll potentially need to max a different skill first (Depending on the skill/aggression of the player);

Tryndamere, Irelia.

Maxing W will allow you to do what you need to do in those lanes.

Whereas if you get completely smacked in lane, you can't farm your Q or farm at all, the enemy gets out of control, and you'll be forced to level E just to farm creeps.

Don't ever assume one skill order will work in every match, evaluate the tools on your kit and use them accordingly.

As per usual, I'd be glad to do custom games with anybody who wants to test out their solo top match ups.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:51am | Report
Honestly, it depends on lane opponent and your rune/mastery sets.
If you're building CDR, you don't need to max Q that much.
If you have an aggressive AS opponent that has no on-demand dash, W would work a bit better.
E is stronger for either, 2v1 or fast pushers.

Honestly, I've done AP Nasus in a troll game and, it was really fun. You have really strong AoE damage but, you have very little damage other than your Lich Bane procs or unless they have a lot of HP for you to shred with your ult.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:58am | Report
Yeap, Lugi's spot on.

Don't let the "ALWAYS MAX Q FIRST" zombies trick you, if you have flexibility, don't limit yourself by ignoring it.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 12:03pm | Report
I jungle Nasus. I know that I won't always have Q up so, I build CDR to counteract it.
Wither for ganking lanes. Spirit fire for fast jungle clearing.
I'm pretty sure someone has bummed on my skilling at least one time or another.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Yeahppp and it's good that you're aware there's not one way to do it :)

I always tell people that yeah if you're lane Nasus and you have the luxury of leveling Q, of course, you level it, but you won't always have that luxury.

There will be an opponent (Like myself) who won't let you farm in peace eventually.

For jungle it's different ^^ You would know much better than I.
Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 7:02pm | Report
It's important to build up Siphoning Strike, but if you can't even kill minions, then there's no point.

Level Q up first, but ONLY if you can safely last hit minions without that much of a problem.

I don't even
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 7:58pm | Report
^
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:53pm | Report
Max Siphoning Strike first.
Wither second.
Raise Fury of the Sands at levels 6, 11, 16 like your typical ultimate.
Spirit Fire is your "good, but not as good" ability. Maxed last.

Nasus is ALL about farming up Q.
If you don't farm up Q, then you are either too newbie to know better, or just plain out of your own league.

You do not play Nasus to win a lane. Ever.
You don't want your solo-top opponent's turret going down. You want that lane phase to stretch on as long as possible. Forever, ideally. Realistically, 15~20 minutes.

More lane phase early game, more last-hits with your Q.

So what if the enemy is hard-pressuring you?

You take it like a fcuking Anubis and keep farming!

Get yourself a Regrowth Pendant, build into a Philosopher's Stone and soldier on with your Q-farm.
You ignore any pressure from the enemy; you lifesteal it all back with Soul Eater. Sit in lane like a rock. (And always pack Teleport, because you're the solo tanky dps)

Then you'll get farmed up, and Siphoning Strike will take out 50%+ of an enemy's health bar. And you're Dennis the Menace, roaming around and destroying anything and anyone you so much as lay a finger on. (And yes, Nasus does get that fricking strong, for those of you who do not know, BUT only if you farm like you're suppose to)

That is how you play Nasus.

Someone might say: "Oh, it's no big deal." or "At least you got the tower" or "You'll lose the lane if you do that..." Someone who doesn't max Q and doesn't farm up.
Yes, sure, they usually rock their lane, but then, they're at least 2x less useful later in the game, because their Q is not as farmed up as it should be. Nasus is balanced around that.

It doesn't matter if you might possibly lose the tower in the process. That's half your bad luck or fault for getting a bad match up for Nasus in solo queue or ranked draft, respectively.
Bad luck happens. That doesn't mean you change your game plan with Nasus.

Nasus only has one game plan.

He's a total flop without a super-charged Q to chop people with, you HAVE TO farm up your Q.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2011 9:33am | Report
^ This is wrong and as such should be disregarded.

JunSupport is the kind of player who doesn't even understand what winning the lane is. He doesn't recognize winning the lane with Nasus may be as simple as power farming Q. He also doesn't understand that some champions are going to spank you so hard that you -can't- farm your Q unless you use your other skills to help you do so.

He thinks that by making claims like, "If you don't know this, then you're out of your league," that people will more readily listen to him, because he will make the person in question look like they don't know what they are discussing, and therefore "Win" the argument.

However this is not a speech and debate class, and winning an argument is not as important as getting the most correct and useful information out to players. We are discussing the skills of Nasus. He has 4 of them. Q is not his only skill.

By that logic, Viegar and Sion would only max Q and E, and they would farm endlessly, and if they can't win the lane doing that, well ****, **** outta luck bubba.

The TRUTH is that using all of your skills will enable you to have the lane presence that you want and need. If you can't stay in the lane at all because you ignorantly chose to zone into a specific skill, ignoring the skills that could have kept you in the lane, then you'll be more useless than if you had simply used your other skills, and got some gold and kept yourself in it long enough to START farming that skill that you want to farm so bad.

You all understand, I'm sure, that there's many many many layers and facets to this game. It is not black and white. There -are- shades of grey. If you have absolutely no lane presence, you need to get that lane presence. You need to be ABLE to farm your Q, and in those hard lanes for Nasus, you have to get enough gold to buy the item that will get you through that lane. You need LANE PRESENCE. You need to be a part of that lane, your enemy has to know you are there. Otherwise they'll just walk all over you and you can't do anything to stop them.

Wriggle's for example, can potentially be enough to get Nasus to a point where he can start to "AFK" farm his Q and not lose the lane doing so.

But you have to -get- there first. And hard auto attackers like Irelia when maxing W, or Tryndamere with a full bar of fury... They're NOT going to LET you do that. Don't be ridiculous.

In those cases, you have no choice. You have to level W to maintain your lane presence, to ensure you can safely use Q on creeps. Otherwise, you're going to get smashed.

You DO HAVE options, you have 3 skills, keep in mind what they do, and use them all when the time calls, or use only one of them if you don't need all of them.

I agree wholeheartedly, if you CAN farm your Q, then DO it. Farm and free damage is the maximum profit on Nasus. There's no reason not to try to win lane at that point as well. Winning lane does not mean pushing it to the tower and breaking the tower, it just mean gaining an advantage, asserting your map control, etc.

If you have to choose between beating your opponent and farming your Q on Nasus, farm your Q. If you have to level W to continue farming Q, then do it. If you can't even get near the creeps, level your E, farm the gold for an item like Wriggle's, and THEN start to farm your Q.

4 skills. They all have a time and a place.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2011 12:53pm | Report
@DuffTime:

You just can't stand having your own thoughts disagreed with.

The best way, in all circumstances, is to max Q.
If you don't max Q, you don't do well.

Q IS the option. What varies is your item build.
What you do differently with Nasus in different lanes is change up from your preferred item build.

That's all I need to negate your argument. Your statement is the one that is being disregarded. :)

There is no "truth" to this matter. Nasus is that straight forward.
That's also why he's hardly ever picked in the tournament play. He relies on Q-farming. It's that simple.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide