Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Kog'Maw Theorycraft Thread

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 24, 2011 5:35pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 12:33pm | Report
It does show negative values.
It's just really rare to have that low MR or Armor.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 12:47pm | Report
Lawl no. Lvx didn't even get his facts straight before making it >.>
As far as I know it has never been that way. Look at the LoL wikia for up to date info.
Armor and MR can ofc go negative, but penetration can't penetrate resistances that aren't there.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 3:53pm | Report
Flat Magic Resist Reduction can (Kog's Q, Malady, Abyssal Scepter)

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Penetration

But from the sounds of it Flat Magic Penetration can not go below 0, and it is applied after Magic Resist Reduction.

Therefore since Kog already has Magic Resist reduction (Q) and he's getting a Malady, along with assuming Magic Pen marks, you're going to be around 0 for most champs so it might not be worth it to get more magic pen, unless they are stacking some serious MR. I might even go zerker's boots at first, then switch to sorc shoes later once they have more MR and I have more attackspeed.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Blackmorgrim
<Member>
Blackmorgrim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 6:08pm | Report
Thank you guys for clearing that up. I hadn't even realized til now there was a difference between magic penetration and resist reduction. So I'm guessing with Kog alone, the lowest I'm really expecting to get a champ to is -35 MR. (Malady+Abyssal+Spittle).

FYI Mowen, your new player guide actually links to that guide from LVX, so I guess you might want to update that portion of your faq.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 6:18pm | Report
I don't really see what's new.

Besides the Ooze buff, he essentially synergizes BETTER with his old build style.
Madred's Bloodrazor, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's Veil -> Max Bio-Arcane Barrage -> Melt faces.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 7:18pm | Report
The major change was the buff to his ult that makes it scale with AD.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 8:50pm | Report

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I hadn't even realized til now there was a difference between magic penetration and resist reduction. So I'm guessing with Kog alone, the lowest I'm really expecting to get a champ to is -35 MR. (Malady+Abyssal+Spittle).

FYI Mowen, your new player guide actually links to that guide from LVX, so I guess you might want to update that portion of your faq.

Yeah, I found it to be the most condensed / easy to understand compendium. I will just probably change it to link to LoL Wikia game mechanics and be like "read up" :P Thank you. I actually was just reading up on this today myself and it surprised me as well.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 1:37am | Report

The major change was the buff to his ult that makes it scale with AD.

And? Like I said. The changes just synergize with his original build.

Some may get Malady first, then Madred's, and next best pick would be Frozen Mallet to keep them in range of Bio-Arcane Barrage.
Madred's and Frozen Mallet have AD, scaling gives about 30 damage? Living Artillery is a spammable skill, so only a little AD will grant a significant boost.

I really doubt anyone's going to start building AD Kog'Maw. An infinity edge on the little guy is just silly.
Kog'maw hasn't changed much. He just some shiny upgrades. :)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 2:51am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

I don't really see what's new.

Besides the Ooze buff, he essentially synergizes BETTER with his old build style.
Madred's Bloodrazor, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's Veil -> Max Bio-Arcane Barrage -> Melt faces.

Yup. I don't know about the skilling order tho, I'm gonna have to play him to find out :3
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2011 5:32pm | Report
@Searz:

Kog'maw is the one champion I could never quite understand what to pick first for.

They're all pretty lame at early ranks. >w<
Ooze can harass, but high mana cost and could push the lane.
BAB is mneh at rank 1
Caustic is gives a nice passive but then you have virtually no harass.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide