Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Off-tanks: Warmogs, Atma's, Trinity...

Creator: EVILISLEMONS December 10, 2011 5:29pm
1 2
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 5:29pm | Report
Well...I've been playing Gangplank as an off-tank for the majority of my games simply because I enjoy being able to run into team fights doing huge amounts of DPS and still stick around to see the light of day. However, when it gets to late game...Atmogs + Trinity Force starts to fall behind when your Straight AD carry is not doing so well. Other than improving teamwork, what exactly should I start to consider building when I'm finished building those 3 items?

I know Survivability is important but let us ignore that for a second - what DAMAGE item should I get so I can start becoming a huge, huge threat to the opposing team? I'm pretty bad at this game on a ranked level (1094 lol) but I've been doing fairly well individually. I'm always positive with him, get many assists, but game-wise I never seem to win. I'm assuming this is because my damage is not scaling properly and not doing the best I can in terms of item building.

What do you guys recommend/consider I try first? No trolls please..I'm really serious.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Atmogs, Trinity, GA, If you're going to get a big damage item, for GP you want Infinity Edge.

Most Tanky d00ds build Wriggle's Lantern before Atmog's though, and then replace it with The Bloodthirter, or Madred's Bloodrazor end game.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 5:41pm | Report
Force of Nature and Guardian Angel are good if you're against magic damage and still wanting to be more tanky. If you're not dying and just want more damage to **** all over their team I guess you can't go wrong with Bloodthirster.

Come to think of it, Wit's End is also a good item on a number of off-tanks and gives you a nice mixture of offence and defence.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 5:54pm | Report
No.

Offtanks does not go "warmogg's atma's trinity X"

There's a bazillion great tanky items in this game.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 6:14pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

No.

Offtanks does not go "warmogg's atma's trinity X"

There's a bazillion great tanky items in this game.

I personally would go GA> I.E on GP.

There are tons of awesome tank items, like Wit's End, Thornmail is good against Ranged AD's, Aegis.

Aura items are also nice on big tanky d00ds.

Starks, Aegis, Will of the Ancients, Warmogs, GA, Merc Treads is real terror sometimes.
Tri lane for life.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 6:17pm | Report
Honestly if you manage to get atmog's and triforce on an offtank, you'll find your damage is already high enough. If you really want more damage than that though I'd suggest a Last Whisper as at that stage of the game, armor values will likely be high and Last Whisper will be one of the best ways to increase your damage output.
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 7:59pm | Report
Thanks for all suggestions. I'm thinking about going IE or Wilt's End.

It's not that I die, it's just that I can't seem to carry the team despite how well I do. Even if I'm helping out the team it seems like all they [the enemy team] do is ignore me halfway in the team fight and kill the squishies before I/team can kill them. I just want to be able to hit em hard and fast so that my teammates have a chance to do something against other champions.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 8:20pm | Report
i usually go mercury treads warmogs atmas trinity and fon then situational. if trinity isnt that good on x champ i'd build frozen mallet.

thats how i build tanky deeps/offtanks anyway.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
MajorLoL
<Member>
MajorLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 9:02pm | Report
I would suggest Mercury's Treads or Ionian Boots of Lucidity for boots.
Then a good all around item would be in order,so Guardian Angel would be a good pick for another tanky item.
If you want more damage whip out Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge
Thanks to Rys Aberdeen, Jhoijhoi, The_Nameless_Bard, Arcana3, and Miss Maw for the sigs!

Remember to +Rep me if I helped you out!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2011 12:42am | Report
If we're speaking strictly for gangplank...

I like Philo, Wriggle's or Bruta -> Warmogg's, Atma's (Green potting before all fights at this point), Triforce, (I.E, GA, or Last Whisper are all good items here.)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide