Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Rylai's and Mordekaiser

Creator: Dante Rebellion July 16, 2011 12:12am
1 2 3 4 5
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:12am | Report
So, recently Temzilla and I have had a bit of an argument and discussion on Rylai's for AP Mordekaiser.

I feel that Rylai's is absolute core on morde, Ryaliā€™s is the ranged slow that gives 15% slow to every spell on Mordekaiser, including Mace of Spades and Children of the Grave. It also gives morde +500 health for tanking (WHICH IS IMPORTANT, BECAUSE WITHOUT IT MORDE WILL BE SQUISHY AS ****) and +80 ability power for increasing all damage output. Mordekaiser can easily slow an entire team with this item from his selection of spells. I would also like to add that when Children of the Grave is put onto a target, that target is slowed by 15% for a whole 10 seconds until it wears off.

Now the biggest argument temzilla has given me is the price tag, which honestly.. is NOT an issue with morde. If you dont have the highest CS in the game, something is wrong. Through all of my morde games I have had the highest CS, reach 200+ when my team has only around 80-100. Price tag is NOT a problem.

Pure AP morde is squisy as hell, and has to go into melee range to deal damage. Getting the health from Rylai's is a MUST.

So yeah, Mobaforums, what do you think?

PS: I won't speak on behalf of temzilla and state his argument, he is active on the forums so I assume sooner enough he will state why rylai's is useless on morde.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:14am | Report
I agree with you 100%.

Just as core on AP/tanky Morde as it is on Singed.

Although some people don't get it, most do and it is really good to get.

Tem can be...irrational in his arguments sometimes...*cough Orianna is a nuke cough*
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:20am | Report
.....Orianna is a nuke? Good god, brb uninstalling game.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:21am | Report
l0l u fonay

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:23am | Report
Very simple reason.

It implys bad team composition.

And you shouldn't build around bad team composition.

Building a Rylai's implys that you are relying on a 15% slow, because your entire team doesn't have any slows.

Red Buff > Rylai's.

If you're gonna get in that close to Q someone, just give Mordekaiser Red Buff.

If someone else has red buff, then Rylai's is a 5% slow.

Are you REALLY going to pay 1505g for a 5% slow, and 500hp?

Just to summarize, it's not that the item itself is that bad (it's not the best), it's just that building it means that you picked your team incorrectly in the first place.

It's the same reason that Warmog's Armor is bad.

I agree with you 100%.

Just as core on AP/tanky Morde as it is on Singed.

Although some people don't get it, most do and it is really good to get.

Tem can be...irrational in his arguments sometimes...*cough Orianna is a nuke cough*

She's not a nuke, she has insanely short cooldowns, she's sustained magic dps.

LeBlanc, she's a nuke.
Tri lane for life.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:29am | Report
Well.. How about red buff + rylai?

I think you should build around your team, even if it is a bad team composition, let's face it in solo que its not going to be exactly perfect composition. Your only real chance of winning will be to pull off the right build, make yourself less dependent on team mates, make sure you get dragons and baron to win.

"Are you REALLY going to pay 1505g for a 5% slow, and 500hp?"

What about that +60 AP? and what 5% slow? can you read?... you will deal 15% slow AOE to everyone, 35% to single targets... your Ultimate will keep a person slowed the whole 10 seconds at 35%. I think an AOE slow is just ****ing gold. I would buy the item just for the +500 health and +60 AP.. but adding a slow is just beautiful.

Also there is no problem when everyone in the team has some sort of CC, CC WINS TEAMFIGHTS. WINNING TEAMFIGHTS WINS GAMES. KTHX.

PS: You get friggin frozen heart on morde.. now thats a waste of money because you are so gonna need that mana amirite?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:40am | Report

"Are you REALLY going to pay 1505g for a 5% slow, and 500hp?"

What about that +60 AP? and what 5% slow? can you read?... you will deal 15% slow AOE to everyone, 35% to single targets... your Ultimate will keep a person slowed the whole 10 seconds at 35%. I think an AOE slow is just ****ing gold. I would buy the item just for the +500 health and +60 AP.. but adding a slow is just beautiful.

Also there is no farm when everyone in the team has some sort of CC, CC WINS TEAMFIGHTS. WINNING TEAMFIGHTS WINS GAMES. KTHX.

PS: You get friggin frozen heart on morde.. now thats a waste of money because you are so gonna need that mana amirite?

1. Ult slows @ 15%.
2. It's 80 ap, thats why i subtracted 1600g for the NLR from the price.
3. I should have said, "will you buy a 5% slow for 1505g" because the health is worthless on Mordekaiser unless you are playing assassin morde, in which case you wouldn't build Rylai's for health, you would build GA because it's cheaper, gives you more health, and gives you ***loads of resists.
4. 5% slow wins 1% of team fights. A 25% increase in sustained damage, and thus a 25% increase in shield generation, COMBINED with 99 armor, and an Attack speed debuff for the entire enemy team is INFINITELY More valuable for your team. Did i mention that both of these items have comparable prices?

If you want to continue to argue this, go ahead, I'd love to talk math into you.

Like i said before, if you are the only slow on your team, then Your build isn't going to be what wins you teamfights.
Tri lane for life.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:47am | Report
Health. Need it for abilities.
Slow. Good because you have no CC other than your ult which isn't really CC
AP. You're Morde. It's good to have damage.

It's not core. It's still good.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:52am | Report
Yes, I would like to continue the argument, you can throw in all the math you want.

I don't understand first of all why you subtracted the price, and where the hell 5% slow comes from. Lets talk about the full item (and this time so I don't make any mistakes, ill just open up a tab giving me the exact information of rylai's)

Ok, so the price tag for the full item is: 3105g

and you get : 500 health + 80 AP + UNIQUE: Your spell damage will slow the target's movement speed by 35% for 1.5 seconds (15% for multi-target spells and damage-over-time spells).

the build up is very good also: Giant's belt + blasting wand + Amp tome .

So now you have the AP Build up + health from giant's belt.. which means you can play a bit more aggressive.

You also get the slow. Which you say can be gotten from the red buff, in reality however you will not always be able to get the red Buff, and also red buff + rylai is much more effective than the red buff alone.

This item isnt pure defensive, it is a mixture of offensive and defensive, which is IDEAL for AP mordekaiser.

Edit: can you also give me the math why you think Frozen heart is better on morde than rylai's? looking at your guide. Another interesting fact is you add Rylai in your guide for the anti-carry section (WHICH IS AP MORDE'S REAL ROLE), and you are so against rylai, lolwtfbbq
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 12:57am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Health. Need it for abilities.

The only 2000+ Elo mordekaiser player gets a Hextech Revolver as soon as possible.

This completely eliminates all need for health items.

Unless you are planning on getting bursted from full to none, in which case, you shouldn't be building hp anyways.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide