Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season 2 Mastery Calculator

Creator: Phoenix0000ff November 14, 2011 6:10am
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 4:33pm | Report
.. mh, somethings off.

Is it just me or can you rly do a 30/0/0 if you play hybrid champs? (Ez/Jax/Akali for example)
Dunno about every bonus youd gain, but compared with skills in the first 3(2) tiers on def/utility those you can "overstate" in offense seem more considerable?
http://thefwcentral.com/lol/#&trees=1-3-4-0-4-4-0-0-1-1-3-0-0-4-0-4-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 on Jax for example.

Ofc there are some dos and donts, but they depend on your playstyle (or sth like: Going for Sunder or Weapon Expertise), so ppl could rly wind up fullskilling one tree..?

Or going for your normal tank Rammus:
Leave Indomitable/Tough Skin/Bladed Armor/Evasion or even Siege Commander aside:
Wouldnt you wind up with 25+ points in def anyway?
(Only helpfull skills besides def would be some movement buff in utility or a minor dmg buff in offense which isnt rly worth it since youll do both types off dmg)

With the option to put more points in one tree without wasting it on trash skills, it became more of a no brainer than before? o0
(Not everywhere but in some "clear job"-champ cases)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 2:03am | Report
They made 2 good 9-point-masteries in defense, 2 in offense (was 1 (MrP) before) and 1 in utility.

So no, most champions will still want to run 21/9 in whatever trees they're using.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 5:38am | Report
I wouldnt go for the bladed armor if I'm not jungling, but the Hp could be nice, though.

Like I said 21/9/0, 9/0/21, 9/21/0... seems the normal way to go, but in some cases (Jax/Rammus etc), cant figure why I should trade AD/AP for sole extra HP on Jax, or tankiness for some movebuff/miserable dmg buff on Rammus.
(And if you arent 100% sure to get red/blue more than that 1 time you stole it from the enemy jungler, 20% duration buff ...meh)

Searz wrote:

...(was 1 (MrP) before)...

Did you mean Arcane Knowledge was 10 MrP before? o0
Would gladly trade those 10% for that on most caster.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 5:52am | Report
Offense was the only tree that had a 9-point-wonder before. That was the MrP mastery.
Now all the trees have them (some being more jungle specific tho).
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 8:13am | Report
Jax and Akali would really profit from a 30/0/0 mastery.

Jax Relentless Assault gives more defense with that than defense tree can give you. And enough utility.

Also, Akali's Twin Disciplines scales great with it.

Of course, you can also skill into utility for more energy on Akali, movement speed and longer buff duration.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 8:15am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Jax and Akali would really profit from a 30/0/0 mastery.

Jax Relentless Assault gives more defense with that than defense tree can give you. And enough utility.

Also, Akali's Twin Disciplines scales great with it.

Of course, you can also skill into utility for more energy on Akali, movement speed and longer buff duration.

You could do 30/0/0 on Akali, but right now I prefer 21/9/0.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 8:17am | Report
I think utility > defense on Akali. MORE ENERGY!!!

21/0/9

And think about double buff Akali with 20% increased buff duration. That is just, godlike...
He is gonna kill you!!!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 8:27am | Report
More energy? You get 10... It doesn't scale with levels.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 8:29am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I think utility > defense on Akali. MORE ENERGY!!!

21/0/9

And think about double buff Akali with 20% increased buff duration. That is just, godlike...

You're only supposed to get red on Akali when you don't have Rylai's Crystal Scepter, 10 energy doesn't make a big difference. More health on anyone is great.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2011 9:46am | Report
And more movement speed is on anyone great.^^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide