Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Sion with a 100% anti-kite build?

Creator: NicknameMy August 22, 2014 4:17pm
1 2 3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2014 4:17pm | Report
I lately thought about Sion again and that he is probably the strongest champion in the game if not kited. But, because of his ****ty speeds (both ms and as), that is pretty easy to do. So, I just went there and took every item I could get to help against kiting. This now looks like this:

Also, I took every summoner spell which stops kiting (and stacks nicely with Enchantment: Distortion)

For runes I took AD/Armor/MR/lvl/Lifesteal to stay in lane long enough

Masteries are 9/21/0

The problem is, I got absolutely no clue in which order I should get the items efficiently, every item sounds super great to rush and every item has huge benefits. For start, 2 Doran's Blade into Vampiric Scepter sounds strongest for lane sustain, but after that? I don't know.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 3:07am | Report
So, first test run against a Jayce. I started Doran's Shield because of the fear of his ranged poke, but he actually didn't bother too much. I outfarmed him hard and went for Youmuu's Ghostblade -> Blade of the Ruined King -> Trinity Force, had around 600 HP farmed at the end of the game. My next item would have been Frozen Mallet, though I believe Randuin's Omen would have been stronger in this situation. In teamfights, they focused every cc they had on me, allowing my team to kill them all. Kinda not the thing I wanted, but ok, it worked. And the rest of the time I used my supreme tower killing potential to push through 4-5 enemy turrets alone.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1636967128/23683545

I was also once able to kill Jayce at top while having Youmuu's Ghostblade. With Flash+ Ghost+ult+active, even the turret couldn't help him.

I am also not really convinced that Frozen Mallet helps this build. Maybe trading it out for Spirit Visage to have som MR and make my ult even stronger.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 5:24am | Report
I don't think there's a general way to become "anti-kiting", even with those items. I think the biggest bet for Sion (ad) is to give yourself enough burst that after hitting Q the target is almost surely dead with 3 autos. I think botrk is absolutely vital, as well as ghostblade. As for the rest, idk, I like shyv and IE on him, Mallet only really works in 1v1 or 1v2 scenarios which are the only times it'll give you real sticking power

TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 8:08am | Report
This just makes me long for his rework so badly.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 10:23am | Report
Also, does anyone know if he will get to keep is health stacking?
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 10:54am | Report
maybe one day you'll realise that the reason he's easy to kite is his kit, not the items. then again, who am I kidding, of course you won't.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2014 1:46am | Report
I know it is his kit. But I want to build him in a way so this problem gets as minimum as possible.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2014 8:24am | Report
If I had to choose a maximum anti-kiting build it'd look like

Boots of Swiftness
Ravenous Hydra
Blade of the Ruined King
Spirit Visage
Zephyr
Atma's Impaler

But then again, I literally never play Sion, I'm just assuming he plays like GP except without the crit.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2014 10:57am | Report
Sion has nothing to do with GP o.o
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 9:17am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Sion has nothing to do with GP o.o

My reasoning is they're both melee carries without gapclosers.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide