Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Panth Craftin'

Creator: BusDriver210 February 1, 2013 5:19pm
1 2
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2013 5:19pm | Report
Hello there gang! I have been playing support a bit more than usual and have run across something I want your opinions on. I have been running Pantheon in the bottom lane, but not in a normal "support" way.

Runes are as such:

Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Gold
Greater Glyph of Mana Regeneration
Greater Quintessence of Gold

AS for more shields, gold for gold (derp), and mana regen for lane sustain. I go heavy into early game reduction with the defense tree and spend the rest of my points going about halfway up the utility tree. I don't really buy any gp10 items, I just kinda throw my gold into cheap defensive/sustain items. Locket of the Iron Solari is a frequent buy of mine, Emblem of Valor, as well as starting with a Doran's Shield. Tell me what you think. I just act like a **** the whole time and it works pretty well. I do grab a Sightstone, but besides that nothing involving gp10s.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2013 7:57pm | Report
No.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2013 2:30pm | Report
If you are not going to play AD Glass Cannon, I suggest Tank or Tanky DPS. The thing about Pantheon is that he has the potential to be exceptionally durable. That said, Tank or Tanky DPS is the best way to go. If you go bot, a place I find him to be very good at, you have to make sure that your lane mate is ready on your stun.

I play both tank and tanky DPS, and the runes change for both.

Tank uses, Flat HP, Armor, and MR. His kit allows for big damage so its ok to build runes like so.

Tanky DPS runes, AS, ArPen, and some Flat damage.

I suggest a 9/21/0 mastery build for more tankiness and some offensive gain. Pantheon in bot lane can be fun, and with squishy targets he can have good lane presence. Just gotta have the right bot lane partner.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2013 12:40pm | Report
His early game potential is the reason I play him as support. Harass with your lane partner and plan on killing around level 3. His passive is just so strong when mixed with his high poke playstyle.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
CounterSnipe
<Member>
CounterSnipe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2013 1:27am | Report
Pantheon has good sustain damage with his spears, however his stun is what you want to revolve the composition around.
For runes you want flat AD Reds and Quints. Armor yellows and MR/lvl blues, or Armor blues. The reason you do this is because pantheon is forced to run a kill lane, so you need damage. However, because he will be jumping into 2 people, he needs armor.

I recommend only picking pantheon with a high burst champion, or very good sustain damage champion like Ezreal Graves or Corki because his 1 second stun gives them enough time to land in more damage.

I also recommend taking a 9/21 page, allowing you to absorb more damage, while also having a higher level of armor penetration.

Note that support pantheon is very niche, and can only be played well in burst VS sustain lanes.

For example, if you have graves on your team, but notice that the enemy team has a caitlyn, pantheon won't be able to ever get in range.

Try to remember this
PBS (like the tv channel)
PBS means Poke Burst Sustain. The order of the words is relative to how the lanes do against each other.
So... Poke > Burst > Sustain in general. Of course, things happen and it's not always the case, but in general a poke lane is easier to beat with a sustain lane because the support will just heal back all of the poke damage. However, the burst lane, which is what pantheon wants, does best against the sustain lane because the healing won't be allowed to come in fast enough.

Hope this helped.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2013 11:09am | Report
uh I don't think Pant support is really good after 4 or 6 just because other supports do it so much better. If you're gonna support Pantheon, you need ad runes and just all in at 1 or 2. Really, it's either you win the game early or lose the game lol

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 8:08am | Report
And if you wanna go all in at level 1 or 2, Taric + leona can do the same sort of thing, except they transition into late game way better
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Wheew EUW
<Member>
Wheew EUW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2013 12:34pm | Report
Panth support works when u go a dunklane bot.
Like panth jarvan, jarvan lee sin.
Something like that so u just kill the adc 10 times or u lose game.....

Overall panth needs gold, supp gets no gold.
Hes gonna be useless even earlier than normal.
Check out my singed guide :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Greater Mark of Attack Damage or greater mark of armor penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Gold

AS is not good for poke (which is what you want as support Panth) and MR/level is just better than mana regen.

1-15-14

Should start with Rejuvenation Bead or Faerie Charm + some wards and potions (I usually get 2 sight wards and 1 Vision Ward, but you could just get 4 sight wards instead). If you wanna take two points of out defense and put them in Biscuiteer and Explorer , you can opt for Crystalline Flask + wards instead. Support Pantheon is fine, but you still need to build him like one. Which means getting a Sightstone and starting with wards.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Its been a while since I checked this thread, but I would just like to say thanks for all the advice. Pantheon is a champion I don't normally play, but I am finding him very fun in the roll of a support.

Thanks for the tips everyone! :D
+Rep me if i'm useful!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide