Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Brand Theorycraft Thread

Creator: Jebus McAzn April 12, 2011 7:10pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2011 7:48am | Report
And MAYBE 2 on Ryze.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2011 11:08pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

A few things you overlook here:

1) W has a longer range. IMO this can make it EASIER to land as most players I have laned against know to stay out of range of conflag. Actually the range of conflag seems quite underwhelming IMO.

2) W has a (marginally) larger AP ratio.

3) When ignited, W does 30% more damage... 10 damage difference?

4) Whether you max conflag first or last, it is always going to instantly ignite someone.. That's no reason to skill it...

5) Early game without boots, dodging W is very difficult. If you aim it smartly you are going to land it. Late game the last thing the enemies are thinking in teamfights are "oh, he's going to W me so I'd better get out of the way".

Obviously W is his nuke mid-lategame, but I'm talking about taking the first ability.

The target needs to be ignited to get 25% damage increase. Level one, you can't get that.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 12:10pm | Report
Oh, we are talking about his first level? I was talking about what skill you max first in reply to this:

Skilling I'm not sure yet, but I'd either max E or W first. Q, being a skillshot, isn't reliable enough.

Yeah.. I get E at level 1 too lol.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2011 8:12pm | Report
Through the laning phase, I'd rather get Q to like level 3 first.

That thing is such an amazing poke. Sustained mana cost, high damage + his passive? What? And Yes, I know it's not reliable harass if they stand behind the creep wave, but you can use that to your advantage once you get W and E. They have to stand somewhere to dodge your Q, limit their space with W. :/

Though honestly. When ranking your skills up for the first few levels:

Q gives you:

significantly more damage
Faster Cooldown

W gives:
A bit more damage (Not too much)
Increased mana cost.

E gives:
Cooldown
mana cost negligable increase
a bit more damage.

Think about it. A skill that scales well on damage AND cooldown is pretty much always worth taking > something that increases drastically in mana cost through the laning phase. Once you leave lane, feel free to max W. But not leveling up Q while still laning is meh.
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 7:51am | Report

Through the laning phase, I'd rather get Q to like level 3 first.

That thing is such an amazing poke. Sustained mana cost, high damage + his passive? What? And Yes, I know it's not reliable harass if they stand behind the creep wave, but you can use that to your advantage once you get W and E. They have to stand somewhere to dodge your Q, limit their space with W. :/

Though honestly. When ranking your skills up for the first few levels:

Q gives you:

significantly more damage
Faster Cooldown

W gives:
A bit more damage (Not too much)
Increased mana cost.

E gives:
Cooldown
mana cost negligable increase
a bit more damage.

Think about it. A skill that scales well on damage AND cooldown is pretty much always worth taking > something that increases drastically in mana cost through the laning phase. Once you leave lane, feel free to max W. But not leveling up Q while still laning is meh.

That's exactly what I thought. Although i focus more on E, I don't really level W that much until roaming phase/mid-ish game.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide