Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Brand Theorycraft Thread

Creator: Jebus McAzn April 12, 2011 7:10pm
SatansFate
<Member>
SatansFate's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 4:44am | Report
Rod of Ages
Archangel's Staff
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff
as main items,
Glacial Shroud sometimes early depending on enemies.
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 9:25am | Report
I pretty much stick to this build if I'm doing decent:

-Catalyst
-T2 Boots (almost always Sorc shoes)
-Codex
-Deathcap
-RoA
-Morello's

This gets me to a good amount of AP, and a rushed Catalyst ensures some decent lane staying power and the Codex usually provides enough MP5 for my needs until I get my Morello's. I usually get Blue too. Even without blue, with 9/0/21 masteries, CDR blues, and an Evil Tome, I can just about reach 40% CDR at level 18.

Another question I have about him is that I find no one levels his Q at all. I find it a good skill in lane since it has a decently long range (longer than Conflagration) and it only costs 50 mana at all levels, and it scales quite nicely (+40 damage per rank for first 2 or 3 ranks). I have no idea why people even bother using Pillar of Flame to harass, since it has the same damage as Brand's other 2 skills unless ablaze and is unreliable to hit people unless stunned, and takes MASSIVE amounts of mana to cast (100 or so).
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 10:35am | Report
Your Q has the same amount of stun from rank 1, meaning that it would be best to prioritize your other skills. E-Q-W is your primary combo and is the most reliable source of damage.

Skilling I'm not sure yet, but I'd either max E or W first. Q, being a skillshot, isn't reliable enough.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 1:26pm | Report
R>W>E>Q fo sho.

W does more damage, has higher range, is aoe and does even MORE damage when ignited. W is your main damage ability and thus should be maxed first IMO. Easiest farm, easiest nukes. Yes, E lowers cooldowns as well, but you will get those soon enough.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Flubadoo
<Member>
Flubadoo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 10:44pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

R>W>E>Q fo sho.

W does more damage, has higher range, is aoe and does even MORE damage when ignited. W is your main damage ability and thus should be maxed first IMO. Easiest farm, easiest nukes. Yes, E lowers cooldowns as well, but you will get those soon enough.

You're forgetting the fact that a decent player can dodge it 50% of the time.

Not only that, but the mana cost is MASSIVE. You're basically paying an extremely high price and high risk for a slightly better reward.

Conflagration, on the other hand, costs much less mana for only 10 damage less. That's not the most important thing though. It INSTANTLY sets an enemy on fire, and it cannot miss.

With conflagration, you're paying less at a very low risk for a good reward (10 damage isn't much, btw).
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2011 2:33pm | Report
ight so RoA is pretty damn good on him

catalyst the protector

--- --- --- ---

then i get a mix of those last items, hardly ever get snowball, but its nice to hit 1000 ap
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2011 2:55pm | Report
Flubadoo wrote:

You're forgetting the fact that a decent player can dodge it 50% of the time.

Not only that, but the mana cost is MASSIVE. You're basically paying an extremely high price and high risk for a slightly better reward.

Conflagration, on the other hand, costs much less mana for only 10 damage less. That's not the most important thing though. It INSTANTLY sets an enemy on fire, and it cannot miss.

With conflagration, you're paying less at a very low risk for a good reward (10 damage isn't much, btw).

A few things you overlook here:

1) W has a longer range. IMO this can make it EASIER to land as most players I have laned against know to stay out of range of conflag. Actually the range of conflag seems quite underwhelming IMO.

2) W has a (marginally) larger AP ratio.

3) When ignited, W does 30% more damage... 10 damage difference?

4) Whether you max conflag first or last, it is always going to instantly ignite someone.. That's no reason to skill it...

5) Early game without boots, dodging W is very difficult. If you aim it smartly you are going to land it. Late game the last thing the enemies are thinking in teamfights are "oh, he's going to W me so I'd better get out of the way".

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2011 2:52am | Report
I Max R > W > E > Q
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2011 4:42am | Report
Would stacking RoAs Work?, I tried it and went good for ONE game though :P
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2011 6:27am | Report
No, the only champ id stack more then one RoA is MAYBE singed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide