Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The return of Bruiser'Gath

Creator: NicknameMy January 4, 2014 3:17pm
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 6:11pm | Report
If you want to stick to carries as Cho, don't. Build AP and 1 shot carries instead. Your job will be MUCH easier.

Cho is a tank, not an anticarry. Use Rupture and Scream to peel, leave carry killing to your carry killers i.e champions like Vi/Lee/Renekton who have 76 gap closers and can actually reach them.

Or maybe the reason you feel that missing Rupture hurts you so much is because you don't have 40% CDR. Rupture goes down to a 6s CD. That's pretty freaking OP.

If you REALLY want to stick to people, get Alacrity enchantment/Zephyr/RANDUINS (I don't understand why you don't buy this...)
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 6:14pm | Report
What's wrong with just normal CDR Cho'Gath or AP Cho'Gath again? :/
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 6:53pm | Report
Well, just had a game against Riven and yeah, she is super easy to deal with. If she tries to engage you, Rupture at yourself and Feral Scream her face, she can't do ****. And once you got armor, her damage is no longer a problem anyway.

I like to play Bruiser'Gath more because it is more the "in your face" playstyle, it has higher lance presence top with Vorpal Spikes as enemies actually don't expect you trading postive with AA and lategame, you got the power to kill more than 1 guy.

The Problem with AP Cho is, if you miss only 1 spell, you are basically doing nothing. This Cho stays relevant even if his spells are on CD or miss. And since so many abilities exist that can easily dodge Rupture...

And I get Randuin's and Alacraty? But Twin Shadows gives even more with the ms AND the active. And don't forget about Trinity Force's passive.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 6:58pm | Report
Cho's too immobile to ever make an auto attack based build work, sadly. :/
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:14pm | Report
again why not just play udyr
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:22pm | Report
Last time I checked Cho was pretty reliant on autos anyway because after you land your combo with a Rylais, you have 4k health left, they're all slowed, and you only have your Q up to do damage with.

Basically MOBAFire.
DarkAkumaLord
<Member>
DarkAkumaLord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 7:50pm | Report
My cho build
Merc treads
ROA
Frozen heart
Rylais
Liandrys
Deathcap/Visage

People make me take deathcap over visage... then again I am mid cho... xD
Why is nashors a recommended item... Its like Riot wants Cho to die. Cho's E on this build = Slow and Burn... Lol.
+1 Rep me if you think I help you or others or don't Pick A Card.

... Man I used to say that stuff. It's been years.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 8:04pm | Report
Udyr neither gains free 900 Health nor he does have a true damage nuke (well, if you actually build him tank/CDR->AP, but who cares).

He also has no AoE CC.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 8:05pm | Report
It's a great idea on paper, it's just not a great one in practice.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 9:49pm | Report
I find it hard to believe that this build is viable in higher levels of play. I mean, sure, it probably works, but there are other champions who do what this build does much better than Cho'Gath.

I mean, only a few come to mind atm, but you have Darius, Olaf, and Shyvana (assuming you are going for a build based off of MS and sticking to targets (aka Frozen Mallet). There are even a few champions who just naturally use your concept better and deal more damage, since as I understand it, it's kill people with autoattacks + cc: Aatrox, Jax, or Lee Sin (although he is more based off of abilities).

It's not that this build is terrible, it's just not optimal. CDR Cho'Gath provides amazing utility and AP Cho'Gath has some ridiculous burst damage, and if you can't land Ruptures then why are you playing Cho'Gath? You shouldn't make your reason for this build as an excuse for not being able to land Rupture. I just don't see this taking over the build for Cho'Gath any time soon.

Just as an aside, posting normal games as proof of a build working doesn't actually prove much. People in normals do not always play as well as people in ranked, and you don't always get the highest "quality" of players. I'd be more swayed if something worked in high Plat ranked, or anywhere in Diamond, rather than just a normal.

If I helped you, click that +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide