Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The return of Bruiser'Gath

Creator: NicknameMy January 4, 2014 3:17pm
1 2 3 4 5
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 3:17pm | Report
Bruiser'Gath, some people will still know him, some not. It was a guide made by Khazem which featured this build at S2 and was also used by HotshotGG:

Mercury's Treads, Frozen Heart, Force of Nature, Wit's End, Randuin's Omen, Trinity Force.

This build worked because of the high mobility gain from Force of Nature+ Trinity Force and the overall effectiveness combined with Feast.

But Riot decided to remove Force of Nature and this did basically break the neck of the build. Without the mobility, you are just kited to death. I tried this build with Spirit Visage, but it failed miserably. So, the item which would be needed is something that gives good defense and movement speed.

Since Preseasen 4, there was one change to the item called Twin Shadows. The MR was increased by 10, but the AP reduced by 10. But this way, it is the only item which offers a good amount of movement speed and defense in one item. So I decided, lets try it out as a replacement to Force of Nature. And guess what, it worked out really well.

As the item has AP, it not only grants you the much needed MS, it also increases the damage of your Vorpal Spikes. And on top of it, it has an active which can be used to engage and disengage or to make it sure that you will land Rupture. This way, Cho'Gath can return in the S2 playstyle, the 24/7 top lane farmer/pusher which can't be ganked because of the active and the passive movement speed bonus. Of course, you loose some MR and HP regen compared to Force of Nature, but it is better than nothing.

Now we have to decide if that Cho'Gath fits in the meta. Who we see all day top? Super Sustained super tanks which can stay top as long as they want. And what is cho? Exactly that! He also brings in a high damage nuke and good CC. And he can even be used in combination with Yasuo.

So, lets give Bruiser'Gath a try again, returning with his new build:

Mercury's Treads, Frozen Heart, Twin Shadows, Wit's End, Randuin's Omen, Trinity Force

You could also try out replacing Frozen Heart with Thornmail, as this way, the core build is super cheap.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 3:30pm | Report
so... what will Cho'Gath do against Shyvana or Riven?

Sig made by Hogopogo
DoomGlad
<Member>
DoomGlad's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 3:32pm | Report
I'm going to have to try this, perhaps you could make a guide about bruiser Cho'Gath?
If I helped you please leave me a +Rep.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the signature!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Riven can't do much if silenced, see Garen and Cho has more sustain than Garen aswell if he knows how to last it with Vorpal Spikes. Shyvana is a pain to any meele, the only bet you could have is to try last hit -> sustain as much as you can and abusing Teleport.

For a guide, it hasn't enough testing yet. And it would be kinda dump to do as many S4 changes are unkown yet, like Summoner Spells, Runes and such.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:05pm | Report
I'm tempted to try this now. Does the mastery tree stuff boost the heal on his passive?
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:27pm | Report
If under 25%, yes. But overall, Perseverance stacks really well with Feast. And obviously, Feast is a nice addition aswell.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DoomGlad
<Member>
DoomGlad's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:28pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Riven can't do much if silenced, see Garen and Cho has more sustain than Garen aswell if he knows how to last it with Vorpal Spikes. Shyvana is a pain to any meele, the only bet you could have is to try last hit -> sustain as much as you can and abusing Teleport.

For a guide, it hasn't enough testing yet. And it would be kinda dump to do as many S4 changes are unkown yet, like Summoner Spells, Runes and such.

You could try making once season 4 is officially in! :P I would definitely check that out.
If I helped you please leave me a +Rep.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the signature!
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:31pm | Report
I dont think I would build Frozen Heart first, I would build Sunfire Cape for the extra health, personally preferable build path and the damage which synergises well with Wit's End. Just a personal preference, I'm sure many players better than me would prefer Frozen Heart to it.

Also I don't really get the trinity force...
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:40pm | Report
Well, extra health? That is something cho doesn't really need because of Feast, he wants rather more armor and magic resistance. And Sunfire Aegis has just pitfull 45 while Frozen Heart has 95 and Thornmail 100. Of course, the magic damage is usefull, but the amount of armor is a bit too low.

Trinity Force is mostly in there to further increase the movement speed, the only other option would be Zephyr and well, what would you choose of those 2? Thing is, Bruiser'gath needs to stay in range in order to deal his damage and attack speed aswell.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 4:43pm | Report
I would chose Zephyr, when I used to build him a bit weird I went like Sunfire, Botrk, Zephyr, Wit's End, boots and something else I forget and maxed vorpal spikes. Don't build like this though I doubt it will ever work
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide