Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Trample on Alistar- Is he now more like a...

Creator: awwsmm April 26, 2011 12:48pm
1 2
awwsmm
<Member>
awwsmm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 12:48pm | Report
I just played a game as alistar, I soon found that alistar now can deal some insane damage after the most recent patch. Trample uses 10% of AP into damage per second, and with a lichbane or something it can deal serious amounts of damage and gives great minion farming. Im just saying AP alistar is starting to look better and better to me and I tried it and got great results. I dont know how to put up pictures for the proof but I went 9/6/15 with 5 tower kills and 171 minion kills. There was a enemy rumble who had 17 kills and was very fed but I could kill him very easily 1v1.

I posted this to ask could this be the rise of AP alistar? Or at least a alistar that is built more like a Cho'Gath (AP offtank)?
Click for link to see my builds!

If I have helped you +Rep me!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 1:05pm | Report
Playing AP means you can't build as Tank or Support as efficiently.

Trample makes him an excellent farmer, although it makes him push unnecessarily.
How exactly Trample effects him, we'll have to wait and see.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 1:14pm | Report
He's best as support tank.
Getting a ROA and a lategame Lich Bane on him MIGHT work, but any more AP than that and you'll just be hurting your viability.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 3:33pm | Report
I used to build AP Alistar.
He did some sick burst and pushed INCREDIBLY well with a mix of his ult, heal and Lichbane procs.

That being said, I prefer(ed) to build him tank with AS boots and Trinity Force.
BloodyBarron
<Member>
BloodyBarron's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 9:15pm | Report
Trample changes many things about alistars, it gives him amazing potential as a mage nuker, and with some CDr he can spam abilities the deal 600 damage each. Along with a lichbane even his heals are deadly.
Check out my Guides by clicking on one of the pictures!

thanks to ninja sprite for the awesome sig.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 9:23pm | Report
i don't really think ap alistairs is that good anymore. trample does **** damage and they nerfed the damage of his other 2 spells.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 12:57am | Report
AP Alistar was never good.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 7:47am | Report
Searz wrote:

AP Alistar was never good.

Only because people saw Alistar on their team and go "LOL WE HAS TANK" and then he gets pidgeonholed into AP-Tanking in which Alistar isn't a good main tank to begin with.

I don't like AP alistar just because he has a knockback that ends up usually saving enemies rather than killing them, plus getting in position to use it usually means your going to be CC locked and killed.
"Thats a paddlin'"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 7:51am | Report

I don't like AP alistar just because he has a knockback that ends up usually saving enemies rather than killing them, plus getting in position to use it usually means your going to be CC locked and killed.

A few of the many reasons not to build Alistar with AP.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 9:46am | Report
Jungle Alistar is a beast now.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide