[13.23] SUPPORT Pantheon + TIER LIST + Season 14 items VIDEO
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Vs Squishies
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Champion Build Guide
Main account Profile: Navcan
Twitch Stream: twitch.tv/navcan
Hi there! I've played support pantheon a bunch in season 10 and some of 11! This guide is just a very general guideline of how to play Patheon, with runes and itemization. If you'd like to ask more questions, drop a comment or drop by my stream! I stream almost everyday, and still play Pantheon recreationally. Thank you for reading!
If you're interested in my other guides:
Lulu -> Support Lulu
Nami -> Support Nami
Karma -> Support Karma
Sona -> Support Sona
Yuumi -> Support Yuumi
Milio -> Support Milio
Soraka -> Support Soraka
Zyra -> Support Zyra
Ashe -> Support Ashe
Amumu -> Support Amumu
Heimerdinger -> Support Heimerdinger
Lissandra -> Support Lissandra
Miss Fortune -> Support Miss Fortune
Veigar -> Support Veigar
Trundle -> Support Trundle
Jarvan IV -> Support Jarvan
Pantheon -> Support Pantheon
- Strong skirmishing and all-in potential
- Tons of proactivity and early pressure
- You get to build Umbral Glaive
- Bad team fighting.
- Does not scale very well.
- Not very useful if behind early.
There are 2 main mythics you can choose from, some which you may not even need to end up purchasing at all since they're all so expensive. But if you do manage to finish any of them, you're very likely ahead from lane and looking to snowball the game. In 2 of these choices, you should be fed from laning phase.
Reasons to get Eclipse
- Looking for more durability when you go all in.
- Better for teamfighting and taking down tankier targets.
Reasons to get Youmuu's Ghostblade
- More movement speed and having the gap closer to get in range to use Shield Vault
- More roaming opportunity and better snowballing item.
- Better against squishier team comps.
- Currently overtuned so probably better overall to rush this.
There will be times you're not doing too great, so you'll need some back-up options for a Mythic choice, and since you'll be short on gold, you can then try out Evenshroud or Locket of the Iron Solari
Reasons to get Evenshroud
- Enemy team has a lot of CC, so you can apply the damage amplification while getting a bit tankier.
Reasons to get Locket of the Iron Solari
- Enemy team has no CC, and you're just looking to peel for someone on your team.
- This can almost be outright bought first as it just allows you so much more control of the map, and there aren't very many supports who have the option to build it.
- It's very cheap and provides income to you as well.
- If you're snowballing, a very good item to purchase. If you're behind, it may not be as good.
Edge of Night
- If there's one particular ability that is stopping you from walking up and stunning someone, this will help get you there.
- Do not buy this if enemy team has an easy way to peel the spellshield off of you, as it's still a relatively expensive purchase.
- If the enemy team has many shields, this will help a lot.
- Still good even if you're behind or ahead.
- Since you'll be diving in a lot, it's very likely you'll be dying a decent amount.
- Also, since you can use Aegis Assault right after reviving, you can stall for a very long time, and even Shield Vault to stall even longer.
- Stopwatch is a very good item itself, so just turning it into Guardian Angel isn't even a bad option.
- Since Grand Starfall is a gigantic AoE circle, the slow can help start a fight off for your team.
- Also, since Aegis Assault is constantly hitting in front of you, you'll be continuously slowing the person in front of you.
- And Comet Spear is AoE, which is another slow.
- It's very expensive, but can be worth the investment.
- If you're the one getting all the kills, then you can get even more kills and get even more gold and just carry the game yourself.
- Just an upgrade after Executioner's Calling.
- Tracking your passive will show a large skill expression in your gameplay. Keep an eye on this for all of your skills.
- If you don't have Mortal Will charged up and ready to go, then you can tap Comet Spear just to charge it, and it's only 30 mana on a short cooldown.
- This is your primary damage ability, and if you ever charge Comet Spear and use it, you're going to lose a lot of fighting power, so it should almost always be used at the end of fights, rather than in the beginning or middle.
- This is where Press the Attack is very relevant, since you can empowered Shield Vault someone, and your next auto attack strikes 3 times, which procs Press the Attack for a lot of burst.
- If you have Flash you will have a lot of kill pressure and setup for ganks.
- Try to use this to block the highest damage abilities your enemies have instead of on the first instance of damage. Such as enemy abilities they max first, or ultimates etc.
- If you have Mortal Will ready, you can use Aegis Assault and cancel it immediately for the movement speed, to either escape, or close the distance to use Aegis Assault
- Use this in the direction of the enemies who will do the most damage to you, and not the enemy directly in front of you. (unless they are directly in front of you)
- This will be your side lanes picking tool, as you'll likely be flying into lanes from base, or from mid-lane to top or bot lane.
- You could actually use this directly in front of your opponents too, if you used all your abilities and you're at 0 stacks of Mortal Will, you can just use Grand Starfall onto the enemy to get full stacks and gap close. It even makes you untargetable for a few moments which can be handy in stalling for your cooldowns on basic abilities.
There's pretty much only 1 rune page to go, since you're looking to have the most damage early game so that you can snowball the game and win. Switch between Press the Attack and Conqueror accordingly.
Press the Attack
- Works amazing with empowered Shield Vault for that extra burst damage.
- If you're against another melee support, then this is an option as the adaptive damage will help in the extended fights.
- And it stacks through empowered Shield Vault for 8 stacks immediately.
- The extra gold this will give as well as helping you stay alive after you go-in will turn fights around constantly.
- The other two legend runes won't do you too much, so you can't go wrong with having tenacity.
Coup de Grace
- Just looking to do more damage when you all-in someone.
- Lethality is just good off of Shield Vault and Grand Starfall
- If you can get some stacks with this early game trading kills in bot lane, do it. You want items as soon as possible, since you'll get bonus gold from this AND Triumph.
Laning Phase/Early game
- Hopefully you have an early game lane partner, such as Lucian Samira Tristana Draven so that they can match your all-in aggression, if not, then it will be a bit more difficult to get kills in lane.
- If your opponents completely disrespect you and walk anywhere close to your minion wave to auto attack you, you can just Shield Vault them and they'll probably lose most of their hp and maybe even die.
- Since it's assumed your opponent's can't really auto attack you, then you try to all-in them at level 2. You will be level 2 after a 6 Melee minions and 3 ranged minions of exp, assuming you're sharing with your lane partner. Make sure to ping your intentions of going in, and a target. If they have Heal make sure you Ignite before they do. Also, look to peel off Bone Plating and Guardian if they have it up so ensure a higher chance of getting a kill.
- If your opponents respect your level 2 all-in, then it's likely you have control of the lane, and you can look to invade with your jungler if they're on your side of the map, or walk into the enemy jungle yourself and disrupt them.
- If you can't walk into the enemy jungle, you can also look to roam to mid lane.
- Once you're level 6, you can look to Grand Skyfall anywhere that your opponent's don't have Flash or an easy escape, including your own lane.
- Always look to be proactive on the map, as you have a lot of pressure early and very strong skirmishing.
- Avoid big team fights if you can, since Aegis Assault only covers one side of you, and if there's more enemies, there's more chance they will be coming from multiple directions.
- Look to constantly pick enemies out with Grand Starfall, preferably before objectives like dragon or rift herald .
- If the game gets past 25 minutes and you don't have a huge lead, it will become a bit more difficult to win, and even harder if you're behind.
- Pantheon can snowball a game very VERY hard. You need to get a lead and absolutely run with it. If you don't get a lead early, the game will become hard to play.
13.23 Emerald and Below
Tier List Grading Points
- Champion Difficulty (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Counter-play (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Flex pick for draft (more relevant in diamond+)
- Early game (more relevant in diamond+)
- Late game/scaling (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Anything in the (_Letter_+) row, means it's better the higher in elo you go. Anything in (_Letter_-) row, means it's better the lower in elo you go.
- Games last longer the lower in elo you go. Therefore, mage supports tend to do much better since you can buy your items, and you basically become another carry threat. This leads to enchanters/engage being weaker in lower level play since you would rely on your teammtes more often.
- Champions that are fundamentally easier to execute on will have higher win rates. Since it is more unlikely players are pilot-ing their champion runes/builds/kit efficiently, the easier the champion, the more likely to maximize their kits. This is especially apparent in Platinum and below.
- I would recommend playing any of the champs in S+, S, or A. However you can climb on almost anything, provided you always look to maximize your champion kit, mechanics, and impact on the game. Winning is the result of improving.
There's also my tiktok
And my youtube!
Cheers and thank you for reading! Good luck on the rift