This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Warwick Build Guide by eric4848
3v3 Warwick Guide
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Me winning ranked games in 3v3
If you follow this guide correctly, you will win most of your games if not all of them.
For that to happen you must:
- Be solo top. If you are not solo top you will be useless. And thrust me Warwick is THE best solo top in 3v3.
- Always do your half of the top jungle.
- PUSH your line. ALL the time.
- Be aware of MIA's.
- KNOW that your champion has a lot of viability. If you get ganked, don't worry.
- Buy Madred's Bloodrazor.
- And finally (most important) FARM.
THE NEW SCHOOL STRATEGY
When we first started playing ranked 3v3, we thought it was only about team fights and ganking. We won a decent number of games but the higher our elo went, the harder it came back down.
One day we tried something new: Never team fighting. We won 11 ranked games in a row, playing Warwick, Annie and Lee Sin.
Here is how we did
I know this sounds weird but you must at all times AVOID TEAM FIGHTS in early and mid game. The other team will go running from top to bot lane wasting their time trying to gank your team and not farming. You will get away from them escaping by jungle and go back on your lane to farm. If you do that late game you will get PLENTY of kills and will be able to push even more and destroy turrets.
Remember to always push the turrets and destroy them as fast as possible. As soon as you see 2 enemy's Bot lane, push your turret. You can contain 1 enemy while attacking turret. Just use your Q on minions, not on him, since the turret will focus you if you do.
During late game, the strategy changes. You must team fight with your level advantage. Plus, since you've been destroying turrets mid game, they wont have anywhere to run.
Starting items Boots Core items Depending on your team Depending on enemy team
- Wit's End, if enemy team has more AP
- If enemy team has more AD skip this item and get late game items.
-Don't start off with Boots. A lot of beginners do this mistake. Always start with a Dorans item in 3v3. ( Doran's Blade, Doran's Shield, Doran's Ring
-If you want to win take Mercury's Treads, but you can also use Sorcerer's Shoes, Berserker's Greaves (if you are a beginner), Boots of Swiftness or Mobility Boots (for easy backdoor and gank).
- Madred's Bloodrazor is a MUST.
- Madred's Bloodrazor, Black Cleaver, Wit's End, Malady are all good items for Warwick since they can Stack on his ULT.
-In this build I suggested Malady but if your team is rather AD than AP replace it by Black Cleaver.
- Spirit Visage is great for Warwick's natural lifesteal and cooldown reduction.
- Guardian Angel makes you virtually unbeatable. But buy this only if you manage to get high level.
Glyphs: Cooldown reduction is very usefull. You can also use Magic Resist/ level.
Seals: Armor is just good don't bother using other runes for seals.
Quints: Armor pen all the way.
I recommend going mainly offensive and a bit in either Utility or Defence.
Flash is a MUST in 3v3 since there are lots of walls where you can flash through. Ghost is good in 5v5, but not as effective as Flash in 3v3.
Ignite enables you to ensure kills. For those who prefer Exhaust go ahead, but i recommend Ignite over Exhaust.
Don't take Smite unless you plan on only going in the jungle and having 2 solo lanes. I don't recommend doing this with Warwick. He is MUCH better solo top/jungling occasionally, and for that you do NOT need Smite. If you need a character that will only do jungle take Udyr or Lee Sin.
- Easy jungling and returning to the line afterwards
- Good LifeSteal to help you solo top and jungle
- Great Viability
- Great backdooring ability
- Good farmer
- Best 1v1 character in League of legends
- Good damage output early/mid/late game
- Must be sure to have good allies that can hold bot lane
- Very vulnerable to CC (Stuns, fear, snare, etc.)
- MageWick: You won't be able to backdoor.
- Pure attack Speed: You will be too squishy and extremely vulnerable to CC.
- Tanky DPS (I RECOMMEND): OP.
Best FIGHTERS for 3v3: Other good characters for your team:
- Very good: Tryndamere
Basically you will farm top.
NEVER gank bot before level 6. Early game you are slow, you won't be able to get high damage output and most importantly, you will waste time.
Try to do the wolf/golem as much as possible and last hit ALL the minions. With practice, you will only get last hits on minions.
Green circles: Only places you should be in early game.
Red circles: Places where MIA enemies will gank you. If there are MIA's, plan your escape route before they arrive.
Purple dot: Where you will place a ward in order to have control on the top jungle.
Blue arrows: Easy escape route if you are pushing to turret.
Orange dots: Turrets
By level 12 you should have approximately 100 minion kills and your Madred's Bloodrazor.
-Gank bot from time to time.
-Clear top jungle as often as possible
-PUSH your line
-Not feed enemy team
-And most importantly Destroy turrets
If you destroyed the inhibitors, but can't reach the nexus/inner turret, you can use the flash technique. Just flash from the jungle to the enemy nexus. The wall is not very thick so it is very easy to end the game this way. Use your W and by the time they realize you are in their base the game will be over.
By level 16 You will even be able to 1v3 some teams.
I once did a quadra kill in 3v3 !! (I 1v3 enemy team then a Nunu used revive. I managed to kill him on time to get a quadra kill :P )
( Don't look at the build on the picture i was level 18 at the time)