Jinx Build Guide by misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
is that a rocket in your... oh
+9% attack speed and +10 ability power or +6 attack damage, adaptive
Item pool (after core)
Hello guys it's me Misterfirstblood from euw. Today I wanna show you how to play Jinx.
Jinx is a very unique AD Carry because of her Q Switcheroo! she can swap between her 2 weapons - minigun and rocket launcher.
The minigun gives additional attack speed which stacks up to 3 times(90% in late), the rocket launcher allows her to hit multiple targets with increased damage(10%) and range.
The important thing when playing Jinx is to know when to use which weapon.
She also gets a lot of movement speed and attack speed everytime she gets an assist/kill or tower/inhibitor. Get Excited!
Her W Zap! deals damage to the first target it hits and slowing the target.
With her E Flame Chompers! Jinx places 3 chompers which root enemies and deal magic damage if they contact it.
Her R Super Mega Death Rocket! is a global execute ability which gains additional damage by traveling over the map.
Hey guys, new runes are live now and lmao thats a lot of stuff to explore.
I spent a couple of hours and games to find out whats the best keystone for my favourite champs.
For ADCs i think you cant really do a mistake by choosing the Precision Path. The only exceptions are Jhin, Miss Fortune and Ezreal in my opinion, because something like the old thunderlord mastery is in a different tree then Precision.
The Keystones in Precision tree are Press the Attack, Lethal Tempo and Fleet Footwork.
Press the Attack will apply a debuff to a enemy you attacked 3 times in a row, which increases every incoming damage for some seconds. Additionally it deals a little damage when you trigger it kinda like thunderlord
Lethal Tempo gives you tons of attack speed and allows you to break the 2.5 as cap after attacking a enemy.
Fleet Footwork is like the old warlords bloodlust and gives sustain and movement speed after generating 100 stacks.
The combination I am currently using with Jinx is very solid and i really recommend you to try that out.
At first we start with Fleet Footwork - Your laning phase will be more safe and since it scales with crit its a very useful tool in teamfights in lategame.
Triumph is synergizing perfectly with jinx passive and supports agressive gameplay.
In secondary tree you should go for Sorcery because of Scorch and The Ultimate Hat.
Jinx early game got nerfed in 8.2 so she really needs more power and Scorch is doing a great job then. The Ultimate Hat is so funny when you reached lvl 16 - you can spam that ulti.
The laning phase is better than Kog'Maw's is but not as strong as Caitlyn or Draven. You also don't have the biggest poke or range advantages in early so focus on farming. Farming is very easy with Jinx because of her attack speed shes also able to farm under tower. If there are many minions on low health swap the weapon and clear them with the rocketlauncher. After finishing runaans and B. F. Sword you can trade your enemies and forge fights. Try to end the laning phase after getting these 2 items.
When trading 1v1 or 2v2 don't use the rocketlauncher, the minigun has much better DPS. Just use the rocketlauncher if your enemy is out of range or when u want to land a first hit in trades.
Also avoid using your W Zap! in fights because its easy to dodge and you could deal more damage with auto attacking.
You can initiate fights with your Flame Chompers!. When the enemies get caught you can deal alot of damage to him and stack fervor and your minigun before he can move again. If they try to run away use your W Zap! to slow and damage him and secure the kill with your ult.
In this video you can see how important is Movement and what u can do with Jinx (I didn't even played it perfect but it worked)
Tipps & Tricks
- If you see the jungler comming try to finish a turret or decide to kill a enemy to get the movement speed buff. Sometimes it will help you to escape or turn fights. When there is no escape anyway try to get something from the situation
- If you lasthit creeps which are near to enemies swap to your rocketlauncher and give him free damage without missing cs.
- Wait Cooldowns like Braum Shield or Sivirs spellshield before ulting them to make sure you get the kill.
- Always watch at the map. A recall needs 8 seconds, if you know where your enemy is recalling you can try to execute the enemy top or midlaner too. Farsight Alteration will also help you.
- When you see a Teleport comming put some traps under its destination to catch the enemy instantly and aim your W to his direction to CC him as hard as possible.
- If you arent sure if you can land your ultimate Super Mega Death Rocket! slow your enemy before with your W Zap! ability.
- Red buff. If your attack speed is good enough you can kite your enemies with rocketlauncher + Runaan's Hurricane + red and deal massively damage to multiple targets.
I dont know why but red buff feels stronger on jinx than on other champs.
- You can steal dragons baron or herals with your ult when you hit a nearby enemy.
- You can check brushes with W Zap! and E Flame Chompers! so you don't have to facecheck it. You can also hit invisible targets with both.
- Because you don't have any mobility Spell the most important mechanic you need with jinx is sidestepping. You can avoid a lot of damage or even ruin ganks by sidestep the Cc/gapcloser abilities. Also try to increase your APM (actions per minute) by clicking nearby the champ. This will make it harder for your enemies to land skillshots.
I don't want you to be greedy or something but in lategame im often going very offensive after getting a "reset" in a teamfight. (i know its not a real reset but it's a similar situation like when katarina got a kill)
Many people try to runaway from jinx when shes in rampage so try to land as many auto attacks as possible to get another. When chasing try to sidestep bindings and hooks, it isnt that easy to kite with such a high movement speed.
Of course you shouldn't do this when youre behind by far but a good jinx player needs to be greedy a bit.
In this case i was ahead against Lucian and could dive him with a last second Flash. It was risky but it worked for me
+ Attack speed steroid
+ Global Ult
+ Lots of AoE
+ CC to protect yourself
+ Lategame scaling
+ Teamfight Monster
- No escape (dash/jump)
- Weak earlygame
-Weak when behind
- Needs items to be strong
- Not a duelist
Jinx is good with
+ Tanks with CC ( Braum, Leona, Thresh) because she deals a lot of damage when she can just stand there and shoot while the enemy is cc'ed
+ Supporters who can save Jinx ( Bard, Karma, Morgana, Lulu, Thresh) because she got no escape ability.
+ Poke supporters ( Brand, Zyra) because this improves her weak laning phase and makes it easier to get kills. Remember that your other Teammates have to Peel for you if the support isnt able to do this.
Jinx is good against
Jinx is bad against
+ Early strong champs like Lucian, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune
+ Hard CC like Malphite, Nautilus, Malzahar because of the lack of mobility
+ Assasins like Zed can easily kill Jinx because she doesn't really have a big outplay potential in 1v1
If you reach the lategame Jinx is a monster hypercarry. Shes very strong in Teamfights and if the team peels for you Jinx is one of the strongest lategame ad carries in league especially since her buffs in last patches.
Sadly her early game and mobility is bad so you really need to know when to play Jinx and how. Its also important to know your damage when you decide to go deep and chase otherwise you get punished for it. You'll need a lot of practice to master Jinx but if you already did you can carry games with her very hard.
Atleast thank you for your attention guys and sorry if I made some grammar mistakes (im german).
Feel free to check out my Youtube or facebook channel or add me if you want to play with me (EUW).
If you wanna Support me check out my latest Video and leave if like if you enjoy it