Build Guide by Arkvoid8
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Caitlyn, longest range character in the game so far. She rivals Tristana's range at level 18, at level 1. Its quite hard to play Caitlyn, DPS and using Piltover Peacemaker a lot in the beginning; as a result its hard to find good Caitlyns. The key in this build is AS/DPS. A great combination of on-hit or stacking (up (to)) on-hit effects. They're easily built up with high AS. This is thanks to the recent change in Black Cleaver, adding AS to the mix. In my opinion, just about all DPS characters are easy to play, their strength lies in DPS items, so to play a DPS, all you need to know is how to build them; under what circumstances do the item differ for this or that game
Benefits from AS
Benefits from Damage
Can't be Dodged
Weak Yordle Traps
Weak 90. Cal Nets
Back Row DPS
Base damage changed to 20/65/110/155/200 from 40/70/100/130/160
Attack damage ratio increased to 1.3 from 1
Damage loss per unit increased to 10% from 6%
Maximum damage loss increased to 50% from 30%
Base damage increased to 250/475/700 from 250/400/550
Now provides vision on the target for the duration and thus is not canceled when the target leaves line of sight
Damage is now treated as a spell instead of an attack
No longer triggers hit effects like Blessing of the Lizard Elder
Now triggers spell hit effects like Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Cannot be dodged or blocked by Pantheon's Aegis Protection
Definitely a buff, explained by Phreak, Tamat and Morello yet also a slight nerf to Piltover Peacemaker. A large increase in damage for both skills, however, countering skill shots is achieved by hiding behind stuff. In this way, despite the increase in damage, because of the higher damage loss, by the time the projectile reaches the enemy the damage will have lessened compared to before the patch. The Ace in the Hole no longer proc'ing on hit effects, but on spell effects meaning its penetration has become that of a spell. This is a buff because, while the tank stacks armor to defend against your DPS, natural Magic Resist is very low.
= Greater Mark of Desolation - Standard DPS Marks, rather than flat damage or the similar runes, which provide very little change.
= Greater Seal of Replenishment - To keep up your mana, in early game Piltover Peacemaker is a key spell however there is no refunding of mana. It is also viable to use Greater Seals of Vitality
= Greater Glyphs of Focus - There is a long cool down on Piltover Peacemaker early game
= Greater Quintessences of Fortitude - Standard runes for squishies. Stops some level 1 ganking
Grab aand athen head off into a side line. Try not to take mid lane because there isn't sufficient brush in mid to stack up Headshot. Playing defensive and getting last hits is a better way to play then going offensive and harassing every chance you get. Keep distance and attempt to stay in the brush as much as possible. This means that using brush stacking Headshot will be better and last hitting with Head shot will be easy. On the 1st time back with 2375 + grab a pair of,and abefore returning to the lane. 2nd time back after more last hits and maybe some kills and turn theinto,into aandinto a. On the 3rd time back with over 100 last hits and atleast 3 kills or so, grab aor athen take a. On the 4th time back make theorinto aand then a. Finish off with aand a. The placement of Snap Traps is vital, and can be used in conjunction with immobilizes. The key is to build up Black Cleaver, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Headshot, Sword of Divine stacks before execute with a sheen proc or the Ace in the Hole.
- To increase the damage of the Ace in the Hole, Yordle Snap Trap and the 90 Caliber Net
- Base item; AS, Damage and Armor Penetration increases the DPS
- Good item which benefits from high AS like Headshot
- An item which builds up good higher Damage and AP to end with a execute or something alike
- The sheen proc makes for a good execute which is helped by Guinsoo's and Headshot
- A good last item for a good base damage
Base Stats and Skills
Health 390 (+80) Mana 355 (+35)
Damage 47 (+3) Attack Speed 0.688 (+1.75%) Range 650
Armor 14 (+3.4) Magic Res. 30
Health Regen. 5.0 (+0.55) Mana Regen. 4.5 (+0.35)
Mov. Speed 305
|lll| |lll| |lll|
|lll| |lll| |lll| |lll| |lll| |lll| |lll| |lll|
- Headshot(Innate): Every 8 attacks (attacks while in brush count as 2), Caitlyn will fire a headshot, dealing either 150% damage to a champion or 250% damage to a minion.
- Piltover Peacemaker(Active): Caitlyn revs up her rifle for 1 second to unleash a penetrating shot which deals physical damage to targets in a line, it deals 10% less damage to subsequent targets, down to a maximum of 50%.
Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 Mana
Cooldown: 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 seconds
Physical Damage: 20 / 65 / 110 / 155 / 200 (+1.3 per Attack Damage)
- Yordle Snap Trap(Active): Caitlyn sets up to two traps to reveal sneaky yordles, which trigger on champions. When sprung, the trap immobilizes the champion, deals magic damage over 1.5 seconds and reveals the target for 9 seconds. Traps last 4 minutes.
Cost: 60 Mana
Cooldown: 20 / 17 / 14 / 11 / 8 seconds
Magical Damage: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+0.6 per Ability Power)
- 90 Caliber Net(Active): Caitlyn fires a heavy net to slow down and deal magic damage to her target. The recoil knocks Caitlyn back.
Cost: 90 Mana
Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds
Magical Damage: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+0.8 per Ability Power)
- Ace in the Hole(Active): Caitlyn takes time to line up the perfect shot, dealing massive damage to a single target at a huge range. Enemy champions can intercept the bullet for their ally. It provides vision of the target for the duration.
Cost: 150 Mana
Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60 seconds
Physical Damage: 250 / 475 / 700 (+2 per bonus Attack Damage)
Range: 1400 / 1800 / 2200
Caitlyn is a good long range DPS however there are some keys to playing here. Defensive play should be practiced a lot. The playstyle of Caitlyn mirrors Ezreal as they are both long range and squishy. NOW GO OUT AND PUBSTOMP SOME NOOBS!