This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Go Where You Please
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
- Mundo scales very well with HP, since both his passive and ult heal him a % of his HP
- His base damage is very high
- Infinite slow (if you don't miss)
- Great late game turret diver
- Great carry potential as far as tanks go because he snowballs hard
- Built in tenacity on W
- Runs very fast with ult so you can go where you please
- No mana, good in lane sustain
- If you get too behind, you do not have as much utility as other top laners (Maokai, Sion)
- Pretty weak early game
- Abilities cost HP, making you feel squishy early game
- No hard CC
- Main damage (cleaver) cannot go through minions
- Titanic Hydra is my favorite damage item on Dr. Mundo. It gives you physical damage based on your HP, and since Dr. Mundo scales so well with HP anyways, it fits into his build quite nicely.
- I consider Warmog's Armor one of the best items on Dr. Mundo. It gives a butt-ton of HP, and it has a nice sustain passive. Do not build warmogs if you have under 3k HP, or they have a lot of % damage. For example, Blade of the Ruined King, Liandry's Anguish, Shyvana's Flame Breath, Gnar's Hyper.
- Dead Man's Plate is my favorite armor item in the game. It gives movement speed and that first auto attack is a slow. This makes getting to your enemy AND landing that first cleaver much easier.
- Randuin's Omen is still a great armor item that also gives a lot of HP. The active is a great way to escape a gank from a lot of people since it slows all enemies near you.
- Spirit Visage increases your healing. This works for your passive health regen, and your ult, so this is one of the best buys for Dr. Mundo. If they have any magic damage, Spirit Visage is usually a worthy buy.
- Mercury's Treads reduce incoming CC. This combined with your W makes you very hard to lock down. Get these babies whenever the enemy has CC that you are afraid of (taunts, stuns, slows, etc)
- Ninja Tabi are nice when the enemy team is auto attack heavy, since it reduces auto attack damage.