This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
9x Greater Mark of Attack Speed
9x Greater Seal of Armor
9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
1x Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
2x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
This gives you 20% attack speed, giving you a noticeable boost in your jungle clears.
Your passive, Moonsilver Blade is the highest AP ratio skill in your arsenal at 80%, so you will definitely appreciate the extra attack speed early in the game.
The usual build path I take is:
Stalker's Blade - Runeglaive -> Sorcerer's Shoes -> Resistance item ( Zhonya's Hourglass/ Abyssal Mask) -> Rabadon's Deathcap -> Zhonya's Hourglass or Abyssal Mask (Whichever you haven't built yet) -> Situational Item
- Nashor's Tooth -> One of my favorite items on Diana. Enables for amazing split-pushes and gives a respectable amount of AP, along with a whopping 50% attack speed and 20% CDR! Amazing! But, as Diana is not a bruiser and does not enjoy long engages, I tend to not build it, as it doesn't contribute as much to her original role; assassin
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter -> This item is solid. The passive comes in nicely when you want to kite and the extra health makes it less scary to go into the team-fight to do your damage. I usually take it when the game drags on for quite long and we need to team-fight a lot.
- Void Staff - If your opp team is building some heavy MR (over 120-ish), consider this item. 35% magic pen is a huge amount, combined with Abyssal Mask there will barely be any MR left on your target. Lets say your target has 200 MR. First, Void Staff passive goes in, reducing their MR to 130. Only then, Abyssal Mask passive kicks in, lowering their MR by another 20, all the way to 110, so you basically erased a huge portion of their MR.
- Luden's Tempest -> Movement speed, big AP AND a damage passive? Opponent ADC and squishy mage's might as well not exist. Its also a great item for poking, and it's passive will make you oneshot jungle camps.
Max your Q first, followed by your W and your E last. Level your R at levels 6, 11 and 16.
- High burst
- Tougher then she appears to be, making her easy to underestimate
- Fast jungle clears, making her good at counter-jungling
- Low cooldown gap-closer
- Weak early game, making her rather meh at ganking before 6, unless the lane youre ganking has some form of hard CC
- Doesn't quite like prolonged engages, as she's more reliant on burst then on actual sustained damage.
- Difficult Skillshot
- Long cooldown on her only CC and shield ability
- Very mana-hungry - blue is a necessity
has amazing synergy with , as enemies hit by her E are treated as ''airborne'', making Yasuo able to cast his ult on them.
Diana has generally great synergy with all champions that have some kind of disable, stun or root, giving her a window of time to get her combo out for tonnes of damage.
1. Use your Q+R combo on a minion as a gapcloser to a low-hp enemy out of range, you can pretend to be Yasuo and dash to a minion marked with Moonlight, and then ult to your opponent to pack the finishing punch.
Practice this on jungle camps.
2. Use the above combo to close the gap. Q R to a minion (the minion has to survive the Q damage) and R to a low health champion. Its an effective way to catch fleeing enemies and make them face the Moon.
3. There are 3 places above the Dragon pit from which you can Q R the Dragon, and there are 5 spots above Baron pit from which you can Q R Baron. Use those spots to steal Drake/Baron or just save yourself the trouble of walking all the way around.
4. Q R to jungle camps for a quick escape or catching enemies that flashed over the wall.
5. A mistake a lot of new Diana players make: DO NOT AIM THE ENEMY WITH THE END OF YOUR Q! This severely reduces your chances to hit that enemy with your Q, and makes it easier for your opponent to dodge your combo enabler. Instead, aim your Q so your enemy gets hit by the curved part of your Q. There is no penalty for that, you dont lose on any damage, you just increase your chance to land your skillshot.
6. Use your Q to check the bushes. Enemies hit with your Q are revealed for several seconds. Use this often not to facerush into ambushes.