Lissandra Build Guide by remotenightowl
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+12 Attack Damage or +20 Ability Power, Adaptive
Oh hey! I see you have now found my guide for Lissandra in Season 7! As with all my other guides this is meant to provide you with the information and tools necessary to play Lissandra effectively. So why Lissandra you ask? Well that's quite simple, she is a well balanced mid laner that provides high burst damage as well as utility from her crowd control that she provides. In addition to this she is also quite fun to play on Aram if your ever lucky enough to get her! As always a YouTube video guide is provided below, as well as a fun Aram guide for this specific champion. Enjoy!
Season 7 YouTube guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvXuA5fBGVc
So, first things first, your build
- Basically Sorcerer's Shoes every game. You'll be hitting 40% CDR with this build so no need to build Ionian Boots of Lucidity.
- So there are 2 items here that you will build. First is Hextech Protobelt-01. This provides you with an extra damaging ability as well as a short dash that lets you get closer to enemies as well as providing CDR. The Second is Zhonya's Hourglass. This item also grants CDR and provides you with the 2.5 second invulnerability that synergizes with your ult and also allows for potential outplays and helps you be an even bigger annoyance in team-fights.
- Cooldown Reduction. Again, Hextech Protobelt-01 and Zhonya's Hourglass, but also Morellonomicon. With additional 5% CDR Mastery, you will have 45% CDR every game with these items.
- Raw Damage
- Rabadon's Deathcap and Void Staff/ Liandry's Torment. Always build Rabadon's Deathcap for nuke potential 5th, and for your penetration item Void Staff against squishy teams, or, Liandry's Torment against tankier teams.
- Please note, I do realize that there are a lot of good items for Lissandra to build. However, considering this is Solo Que and not the LCS, this build, while it is linear, it is still the best build in my opinion to give Lissandra the best carry potential with as much damage and utility as possible.
- Against AP Mid.
- Rush Hextech Protobelt-01 followed by Sorcerer's Shoes, then Zhonya's Hourglass and Morellonomicon. 5th item build Rabadon's Deathcap, and finish with either Void Staff or Liandry's Torment based on the enemy team composition.
- Against AD mid.
- Rush Zhonya's Hourglass followed by Sorcerer's Shoes. Then Hextech Protobelt-01 and Morellonomicon. 5th item build Rabadon's Deathcap, and finish with either Void Staff or Liandry's Torment based on the enemy team composition.
For standard runes your Keystone will be Arcane Comet since you can easily hit it. Followed by this you will have The Ultimate Hat for your Ultimate to gain additional CDR for it, Celerity for extra movement speed to synergize with your passive, and Scorch for extra lane bullying. For your secondary tree you will run Domination, taking Cheap Shot for extra damage that because it always activates off your Ring of Frost and Frozen Tomb, and Eyeball Collection for even more damage. Remember these are standard Runes so feel free to experiment and find what works for you.
- Very Straight forward. Take Ice Shard at level 1, Ring of Frost at level 2 and Glacial Path at level 3. Then max Ice Shard first by level 9, Glacial Path second by level 13, and Ring of Frost third by level 18. And as always, take Frozen Tomb at 6, 11 and 16.
- Ice Shard -> Ring of Frost -> AA
- Poke and slow with Ice Shard, then Root with Ring of Frost, and AA for Thunderlords proc
- Ring of Frost -> Ice Shard -> AA
- Use this Combo to Root with Ring of Frost then hit with Ice Shard and AA for Thunderlords proc
- Glacial Path -> Hextech Protobelt-01 -> Frozen Tomb -> Ring of Frost -> Ice Shard -> AA
- Engage with Glacial Path, then use Hextech Protobelt-01 and Frozen Tomb to get in range and land your Frozen Tomb, then just unload your Ring of Frost and Ice Shard plus an AA for maximum damage.
- Glacial Path or Flash -> Frozen Tomb
- This is if you dive the enemy team and either self cast your Frozen Tomb
or target an enemy carry in the back line. Follow this up with Zhonya's Hourglass and/or your other damaging abilities after your Frozen Tomb is done.
*AA = auto attack
Pros / Cons
- Good Team fight and AOE damage
- Has ability to both assassinate and peel
- Lots of CC
- Potential for Split pushing
- Hard to do much when you fall behind
- Has trouble keeping up with hard roams
- Crowd control can prevent escapes with her Glacial Path
- Low mobility
- So when it comes to working with your team, you essentially lock down and have your team follow up, or Vice Versa. Unless you are WAY ahead, you don't necessarily have one shot capabilities or have the potential to take on multiple enemies by yourself most of the time. In extended team-fights however, you Ring of Frost, Ice Shard and Frozen Tomb provide peel opportunity, so you can deal damage but also help keep enemies off your back line from time to time. Like I have said she is a utility assassin type so she can provide for her team in more then just one fashion.
- In conclusion, Lissandra is a great champion that when learned could potentially carry a game. When mastered she is a lot of fun to play and can really be a force to be reckoned with. As with all guides I will state again that this information is meant to supplement you with the knowledge to play said champion and it is up to you as the player to put these things into practice. Anyway I hope you enjoyed another guide yet again and I wish you best of luck in Mid lane and on the rift. Cheers!