This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Lulu Build Guide by Krystedez
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Heya! My name is Krystedez "Spectrum". People call me Krys.
The rest below is my intro, and you can feel free to read or dodge it.
Why Lulu over...?
One of the more difficult questions. What does Lulu excel at that Soraka does not, or Sona does not, etc...? Let's answer a few of those questions.
- Soraka has burst heal but can be countered by ignite, while Lulu's ult grants health instantly, not being effected.
- Soraka is better at providing tankiness to her team due to her passive, Consecration, while Lulu's just allows a bit more harrass ability in lane (pix's damage is decent but still not worthy of a support)
- Soraka's silence is unparallelled in that it suffers very little cool down, while Lulu's Whimsy is incredibly heavy on the CDR. And for good reason. It slows the opponent, makes them incapable of casting, OR auto attacking AND... turns them into a ******** furry. Come on. Who doesn't want to see a yordle turn people into squirrels, cats...etc...
- Soraka has star call which is a decent farming ability but costs a decent amount of mana early game and isn't worth even putting a point into for any fight. Star call is a direct violation of what a support is meant for; supporting.. ... NOT farming.
- While Lulu has a relatively high CD on her Glitterlance, she can at least use it farm/push lanes AND slow enemies down.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist x's 9
That extra end game magic resistance to deal with those burst champions laying waste on everyone with AoE skills, or skill shots aimed at your carries
Greater Mark of Armor x's 9
Extra armor for lane phase and bulkiness later with your build. Excellent choice for a support role that will need to sustain the lane in case your carry needs to go back or you want to take the hit so to speak from some enemy harass.
Greater Seal of Armor x's 2
Meant for that last extra bit of flat armor you'll need for lane phase, getting you to an extra flat 11 armor.
Greater Seal of Gold x's 7
Nets you more GP10, which is much needed early-mid phase. Combined with...
Greater Quintessence of Gold x's 3
Nets you 3 extra hold on top of your GP10. You'll be getting enough to hopefully grab those much needed items earlier.
If you want to forgo the extra 5 GP10 (well close to 5 anyways) on top of your 10 GP10 from Philo and HoG, you can give yourself better armor, and more ability power to begin with (which I highly recommend over end-game ap scales, because you really need to keep your AD carry alive in lane phase.
Here are the items and reasons I chose these items.
-Her base movement or ms (movement speed) is horrendous. Boots of Mobility
-She uses mana up quickly Athene's Unholy Grail
-Lulu's a support. We don't like our supports farming. Heart of Gold, Philosopher's Stone
-HoG builds into a useful support item, Locket of the Iron Solari
-Philosopher's Stone builds into an excellent team-escape and team-gank tool, Shurelya's Reverie
- Aegis of Legion. Come on. It's just really good for support, overall. Late game team fight weapon as well if you wanna hold off on it.
- Will of the Ancients is overall good for you and your team if your team has a AP carry. Giving that AP carry more AP with WotA, and THEN buffing their damn AP with whimsy is a lot to carry the team to victory with. Of course, if you don't have an AP carry or AP characters, you can...
...get a Rabadon's Deathcap to help your own AP, so that your ulit/shield grant more.
Item Order / Phases
Wait five seconds for gold if you can after the start otherwise your point in Wealth will be worthless. I would forgo wealth if you want to just do the normal Faerie charm + pots + wards build most supports use. But I like my mekai <3
One HP pot should suffice with your mastery choices and runes.
The Meki Pendant is to help get ready to build your Fiendish Codex
The one ward will suffice for when you start pushing their tower further out. Buy 2 next chance you get after getting your first item from the Early and/or Core.
Got boots of speed and a HoG now. This should be able to suffice and get your gold up.
You will have some AP/CDR, health, regeneration, and movement speed. Good enough for your amount of utility you'll be offering during the mid-to-end lane phase (at least for your lane)
Athene's Unholy Grail grants 80 AP, 15 percent CDR, 36 MR, Chalice's passive, and a passive of it's own that grants you 12 percent restored mana upon assist or kill. Stay out there longer, Lulu!
Aegis of Legion will be effective in Mid-Game because lane phase is pretty much over, roaming all abound, and any spark could start a team fight. The amount of extra armor and MR plus attack damage could really give your team the edge in the fight.
Will of the Ancients will work effectively with any AP caster in dire need of that extra boost to destroy the enemy's carries/supports, and perhaps the last bit needed to kill that running Mundo. Gah, Mundo... >:(
The Locket will give a nice shield on activation, very useful in team fights, perhaps even more so if there is just enough to counter a Karthus Ult, or you just want everyone to take as little damage as possible. Hell, double up and use your Help, Pix! to add on to that sweet, sweet shield.
Shur. Reverie is ghost in a bottle for all of your team mates. It also gives a bit more health, and will just overall open a lot more doorways to escapes, ganks, and objectives. Get it earlier than Locket if you are not entering full blown team fights often but rather are ganking.