Build Guide by AnIh
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello all , this is my second build , inspired by my first build for Irelia !
First this is a build not an in-depth-guide , i just give a way to build Nidalee that fit my personal playstyle ie a lot of kitty play with survivability , if you want to play an AP nidalee this is not for you ! :p
Im not native english speaker so my apologies for the far-from-perfect language .
Greater Mark of Desolation
Greater Glyph of replenishment
I use armor pen runes because you will be a lot in kitty form .
You can maybe swap yellow for mana reg and blue for magic resist if you dont like dodge or just dont own this expensive runes .
I use hybrid masteries , picking all you need for nidalee :
- Magic penetration for your spear / swipe (dont forget this is an hybrid build and not AD)
- Nimbleness , with dodge from mastery + cougar form + runes it's a great tool for you !
- Improved buff duration , more info in the jungle section .
We have many options for summoners spells , you can pick whatever you prefer between :
- Ghost : well not much to say , amazing tool for both escape and chasing .
- Flash : same as ghost , allow you to cover nice distance with Pounce + Flash combo .
- Exhaust : good to shutdown a carry (even an AP one now , useful if you can exhaust a kat/malzahar/etc during his ulti) and to give a slow , but you will have one with Hextech Gunblade later on .
- Cleanse : really nice if you get shutdown by exhaust/blind or just focus down with stuns .
I try to max Primal Surge / Swipe as much as i can for both healing (for lane presence and team utility later) and damage output in kitty form , dont forget that
Swipe is aoe damage so it give both burst damage for killing champions and great farming .
For first skill you can choose bushwhack or Primal surge , i dont recommand to take Javelin toss , mana expensive and low damage at lvl 1 .
What ? jungle nidalee? you mad ?
Ok just to be clear , YOU WONT JUNGLE FROM LVL 1 WITH NIDALEE , but when lvl 6 come , nidalee is a really nice jungler thanks to Aspect Of The Cougar , you can solo all the jungle including dragon (a bit later) whitout any issues .
I recommand to always clean blue aura when you hit lvl 6 , help your minions to push and clean it .
How to do it ?
Obviously if you have a jungler talk with him about it , most of junglers need only blue aura for their first trip in jungle then you can take it , junglers like shen can give you it the first time .
If not , just follow this skill sequence :
Bushwhack -> Javelin Toss -> Primal Surge (even if full life , for AS) -> Aspect Of The Cougar -> spam skills -> repeat when low life/armor debuff fade .
Why you do it ?
Blue aura give you :
- Amazing CDR for more utility with human form spells and when fight come , more dps in Cougar form due to ability spam .
- Almost infinite mana , for spamming of human form spells allowing more healing , more map control and more harass
- More lane dominance , allow you to use your heal on cooldown to keep yourself full on life while having enought mana to harass and then maybe make him recall / kill him
Red aura give you :
- Some addiotional damage
- Great slow , useful to stay in range of your target in Aspect Of The Cougar
<!> Important note <!> take red aura ONLY if nobody else need it , a melee champ whitout slow or a ranged ad will make a much better use of it than yourself .
Ok for this part a general tip : NEVER , NEVER follow an item build for all your games mindlessly , you NEED to think about the items you will get , what do you need the most at this moment and pick the right item , its just an example and more a list of options (thats why there is many items) .
Starting items :
Start with Doran's Ring , it provide you mp5 and AP allowing you to stay in lane via Primal surge
Usual items :
- Sheen : great item for nidalee , giving you some mana pool (always useful) , a good amount of ap for your spells and a passive ability you will proc everytime it come off cooldown due to the low cd based Aspect Of The Cougar spells system .
Consider upgrade it to Trinity Force or Lich Bane later on .
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity : CDR is really nice for nidalee allowing you to spam your spells in Cougar Form even more .
If you feel that a particular (or more than 1) CC affected by Mercury's Treads ruin your life , just buy it instead .
- Heart of Gold : a good starting item , it only cost 975 gold , with the gold / 5 sec you will be able to sell it at ~20-25 min if you dont want to get randuin and almost get your money back while make a great use of the stats early game .
- Spirit Visage : this items is amazing because it give you all you need for cheap : health magic resist increased healing and as bonus , cdr .
I will not recommand to skip Spirit Visage againts physical team because the health/cdr/increased healing remain really good in this situation , a nice item overall for any champ with some kind of health regeneration .
- Guinsoo's Rageblade : is a really nice item , it provide AS+AP+AD for a few amount of gold and got useful components .
Due to the mana-free spells in Aspect Of The Cougar , you can keep this item fully staked all the time by travelling with Pounce , really great items for nidalee :)
Situational items :
- Randuin's Omen : if you face many physical champions you can upgrade your hearth of gold into a randuin later in game that give really nice overall stats , the best part of this item is the activation that slow down attack speed to increase you and your mates life time , slow movement speed to escape/chase enemys for you and your mates .
- Quicksilver Sash : a really nice MR item , i personaly prefer it over banshee since you have enought life/mana in this build with others items and it have a much better mr/cost ratio than banshee .
but the really nice aspect of this item is the active , it cleanse ALL debuffs from you , it remove ignite roots stuns etc etc etc but the main purpose of this active is to counter malzahar/warwick because its the ONLY way to get out their ultimate , it will save your *** and make them totaly waste their ultimate !
You can sell Hearth of Gold later on if you need space in inventory due to this extra item .
Late game items :
- Hextech Gunblade : More AD and more AP .
The life steal and spell vamp is not that needed for nidalee since she can heal but the slow is really helpful for her :)
- Rabadon's Deathcap : Sell hearth of gold and buy this if you want more AP later on , if you choosed to upgrade your Sheen to Lich Bane Aswell you will have a decent AP late game , you can buy it after the Gunblade
- Guardian Angel If you need more survivability end game , you can choose to sell hearth of gold and buy a Guardian Angel instead of a Randuin's Omen if you feel that a ressurection will help you more than a slow :)