Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

This build has been archived and is for historical display only

This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.

We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.


x
Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page

x

Soraka Build Guide by jamespongebob

Support Of the Stars: Support Soraka

Support Of the Stars: Support Soraka

Updated on June 7, 2014
9.8
43
Votes
3
Vote Vote
League of Legends Build Guide Author jamespongebob Build Guide By jamespongebob 43 3 156,757 Views 93 Comments
43 3 156,757 Views 93 Comments League of Legends Build Guide Author jamespongebob Soraka Build Guide By jamespongebob Updated on June 7, 2014
x
Did this guide help you? If so please give them a vote or leave a comment. You can even win prizes by doing so!
Vote
Comment

You must be logged in to comment. Please login or register.

I liked this Guide
I didn't like this Guide
Commenting is required to vote!
Would you like to add a comment to your vote?

Thank You!

Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.

New Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

1
jamespongebob (52) | March 24, 2014 5:23pm
sirell wrote:

Cheatsheet:

Summoner Spells - Fine. I always juggle between Ignite and Exhaust and pick according to enemy matchups.

Runes - Also pretty standard.

Masteries - Soraka is pretty flexible in terms of the masteries she can take, but I suppose what you have is a good default page to fall back on. I would rather that 1 point go into Phasewalker rather than Fleet of Foot .

Items - This is where I have the most issue (and also the most trouble). For a start, I think Chalice of Harmony or Morellonomicon is core on Soraka. I think your choices also lack Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Mask as possible choices. I don't consider Liandry's Anguish core, either. I also think the formatting of the items is a tad bit messy - other than starting items and core, it seems a little confusing as to what to build next.

Skill Sequence - Good job.

Written Content:

The written section brings much more clarity than before in the cheat-sheet. There's still the issues that I mentioned above. I'm very hesitant to upvote your guide, because it doesn't seem as if you have much experience playing Soraka in comparison to your Miss Fortune guide. Most of the information is there, but you just need to be more certain on your item choices in particular.

Verdict:

A decent attempt, but not convincing enough, I feel, as a guide to Soraka to warrant an upvote. Structuring is a little messy at times and to be honest, if I was reading this as a learner of Soraka, I wouldn't really know what to build and when. I think a little more experience into Soraka may be necessary.



I honestly don't think Fleet of Foot or Phasewalker are any good tbh. They're really fillers, and that one point could go in Scout as well.

I shifted the cheat sheet around a bit, but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure where you're getting at. I use the standard Start|Early Gane|Core|Finishing Items|Enchants format which I use in most of my guides. I'll try to fix the format *sobbing* That format wasn't easy to make, and work on the itemization section altogether in time.

I think that if you're itemizing for damage, Liandry's Anguish really should be the way to go (though I did change the extra offensive and defensive cores to Haunting Guise and Chalice of Harmony respectively). You don't really benefit from AP builds on Soraka because of her poor AP scalings on Starcall, but it goes really well with MPen, which means in turn, Liandry's Anguish. Morellonomicon is really situational because it lacks defensive properties, and the passive won't really be any good if the enemy never falls below 40% in health.

I honestly have more experience with Soraka than Miss Fortune. Marksmen are just more rigid and standard buildwise honestly. They're easy enough in building in comparison to other roles. It's just { / / }{ / } 21/9/0. That works with literally pretty much every marksman. Supports, Soraka included, are a lot more flexible.

In any case, thanks for the review. I'll try to work on the Itemization section over time.
1
sirell (400) | March 22, 2014 4:40am

Cheatsheet:

Summoner Spells - Fine. I always juggle between Ignite and Exhaust and pick according to enemy matchups.

Runes - Also pretty standard.

Masteries - Soraka is pretty flexible in terms of the masteries she can take, but I suppose what you have is a good default page to fall back on. I would rather that 1 point go into Phasewalker rather than Fleet of Foot .

Items - This is where I have the most issue (and also the most trouble). For a start, I think Chalice of Harmony or Morellonomicon is core on Soraka. I think your choices also lack Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Mask as possible choices. I don't consider Liandry's Anguish core, either. I also think the formatting of the items is a tad bit messy - other than starting items and core, it seems a little confusing as to what to build next.

Skill Sequence - Good job.

Written Content:

The written section brings much more clarity than before in the cheat-sheet. There's still the issues that I mentioned above. I'm very hesitant to upvote your guide, because it doesn't seem as if you have much experience playing Soraka in comparison to your Miss Fortune guide. Most of the information is there, but you just need to be more certain on your item choices in particular.

Verdict:

A decent attempt, but not convincing enough, I feel, as a guide to Soraka to warrant an upvote. Structuring is a little messy at times and to be honest, if I was reading this as a learner of Soraka, I wouldn't really know what to build and when. I think a little more experience into Soraka may be necessary.
1
GodLord (34) | March 15, 2014 2:24pm
Thanks!
1
jamespongebob (52) | February 12, 2014 1:40pm
PoisonIvy wrote:

Do you think Frostfire Gauntlet is viable? It's quite expensive for a support, but she can proc its passive easily with Starcall.

It's highly situational, but yes, I think it's viable. In honesty though, you won't find yourself autoattacking very much on Soraka because her AA animation is terrible.
1
PoisonIvy (16) | February 12, 2014 11:57am
Do you think Frostfire Gauntlet is viable? It's quite expensive for a support, but she can proc its passive easily with Starcall.
1
Janitsu (569) | February 9, 2014 4:07am

here you go c:
1
jamespongebob (52) | February 9, 2014 4:06am
EdisonKhoo wrote:

I srsly wanna give you the reward of the "Best Guide Designer" ._. You should really deserve that Reward Spongy :o BTW, whats your ambition/Job? O.o Artist? Designer? :p


Thank you. I'd like to be an artist/designer.

Janitsu wrote:

Just include trinkets and when to change Stealth Ward to Sweeping Lens and you've earned yourself an upvote :p It'd be the first one in 3 weeks :o


I assume you meant in the cheat sheet. It's noted in the guide. In any case, I added it to the cheat sheet. Thank you for pointing it out.
1
Janitsu (569) | February 9, 2014 2:13am
Just include trinkets and when to change Stealth Ward to Sweeping Lens and you've earned yourself an upvote :p It'd be the first one in 3 weeks :o
1
EdisonKhoo (74) | February 9, 2014 12:36am
I srsly wanna give you the reward of the "Best Guide Designer" ._. You should really deserve that Reward Spongy :o BTW, whats your ambition/Job? O.o Artist? Designer? :p
1
jamespongebob (52) | February 9, 2014 12:08am
This guide has received a massive update.
Enjoy
1
jamespongebob (52) | February 6, 2014 8:08pm
Janitsu wrote:

Cheatsheet: 15/20
7/10 item picks + structure
You call it a defensive path but it certainly isn't without Doran's Shield start which I didn't see mention of in the build. Also, two builds is just pretty useless because for people like me (dyslexic) the differences are rather hard to notice between builds. You should just combine these two and call the item builds "If you want damage" and "If you want survivability" etc.

8/10 the rest
I'd take Q>W>E>W>Q>R in the early game because I really like the armor and heal on Astral Blessing and if they have people who can go hard on you early on ( Lucian, Leona etc.) it will be pretty useful. The difference between Astral Blessing lvl 1 and lvl 2 is pretty huge if you ask me (in the early game).

I prefer Phasewalker over Fleet of Foot because that one second can make a difference.


Structure + coding: 14/15
9/10 uses of overviews, schemes and other uses of structure
I really like the look of it. The guide looks clear but also provides a lot of information. This is the reason why I gave you 9points in this section. I disagree with the chapter order. Imo synergy and counters should be after things like masteries, runes etc. because they are chosen before the game most of the time while synergies and counters only matter in the champion select.

5/5 uses of coding
^

Content: 49/50
24/25 Full Build Quality Explanation
On the Oracle's Lens explanation; You get it immediately after you get Sightstone because with Sightstone you can place max amount of wards already thus making Stealth Ward useless. I couldn't see any other mistakes with a quick look so don't disappoint me.

20/20 Tactical Quality Explanation
With a quick look - everything looks fine. I hope there isn't anything that I missed because then I'd give you too many points.

5/5 Quantity content
There is a lot of information in a compact guide. I really like how you can explain so much without having walls of text.


Bonus: 10/10
5/5 bonus chapters (matchups and synergy chapters)

5/5 attitude towards the readers (wants to improve)

0/0 Comment to vote


Result:



Path of the Saint (9½)


See the rating system number thingy over here

+Rep is always appreciated ;)



Thank you so much for the feedback! I will update my guide over the weekend. I made the two cheat sheets because building Soraka offensively and defensively are pretty different earlier on. In any case, I will update my guide to some of your suggestions. I agree with the occasional QWEWQR, but I honestly don't get what the big deal is with Phasewalker . There's never really been a time where I had a clutch recall or where the one second made much of a difference. I'm personally a fan of MS over this, but I'll consider it.
1
Janitsu (569) | February 6, 2014 12:24pm
Cheatsheet: 15/20
7/10 item picks + structure
You call it a defensive path but it certainly isn't without Doran's Shield start which I didn't see mention of in the build. Also, two builds is just pretty useless because for people like me (dyslexic) the differences are rather hard to notice between builds. You should just combine these two and call the item builds "If you want damage" and "If you want survivability" etc.

8/10 the rest
I'd take Q>W>E>W>Q>R in the early game because I really like the armor and heal on Astral Blessing and if they have people who can go hard on you early on ( Lucian, Leona etc.) it will be pretty useful. The difference between Astral Blessing lvl 1 and lvl 2 is pretty huge if you ask me (in the early game).

I prefer Phasewalker over Fleet of Foot because that one second can make a difference.


Structure + coding: 14/15
9/10 uses of overviews, schemes and other uses of structure
I really like the look of it. The guide looks clear but also provides a lot of information. This is the reason why I gave you 9points in this section. I disagree with the chapter order. Imo synergy and counters should be after things like masteries, runes etc. because they are chosen before the game most of the time while synergies and counters only matter in the champion select.

5/5 uses of coding
^

Content: 49/50
24/25 Full Build Quality Explanation
On the Oracle's Lens explanation; You get it immediately after you get Sightstone because with Sightstone you can place max amount of wards already thus making Stealth Ward useless. I couldn't see any other mistakes with a quick look so don't disappoint me.

20/20 Tactical Quality Explanation
With a quick look - everything looks fine. I hope there isn't anything that I missed because then I'd give you too many points.

5/5 Quantity content
There is a lot of information in a compact guide. I really like how you can explain so much without having walls of text.


Bonus: 10/10
5/5 bonus chapters (matchups and synergy chapters)

5/5 attitude towards the readers (wants to improve)

0/0 Comment to vote


Result:



Path of the Saint (9½)


See the rating system number thingy over here

+Rep is always appreciated ;)
Loading Comments...
Load More Comments
League of Legends Build Guide Author
Soraka Guide
Vote Vote

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide