Fiddlesticks Build Guide by SSALEM
THE BEST FIDDLESTICKS GUIDE - CARRY ANY TEAM AND CLIMB FASTBy SSALEM | Updated on October 19, 2020
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: Best Runes
+1-10% CDR (lvls 1-18)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Skill Order
Threats & Synergies
He scales harder than you, and it can be tough for you to run him down and kill him since you are slow. The other issue is that in a team fight killing him doesn't take away his damage, he can still hit Q's and then ULT to help his team. Not easy to shut down.
I don't really like playing Fiddle into Olaf, he has too many options to run you down and kill you. He's faster, stronger, and tankier than you are. You will need to out scale him, and focus on fighting his teammates while avoiding him. Zhonya is a good item against him to wait out his ULT duration.
You are a better champion than Udyr and it's a very winnable matchup. The problem is that he can double dot you and kill you easily early. You just need to run away from this guy, did I mention he runs fast? Play to survive, out scale him and win the game, he sucks late.
Volibear is a bit over tuned right now, you need to be careful in this match up. You can beat him if you play smart and don't int early. In late game team fights you offer more than him, he is a big ball of stats who needs to snowball to win.
Shyvana is my main and she can beat you if she is good. You don't have much counter play to her late game E damage. She out ranges you and is tankier than you are. What you can do is kill her team mates quickly then Zhonya while her dragon form runs out. If you manage to do that you will have a cake walk to victory.
This champion is laughably over powered right now. Honestly it's a good idea to ban him until riot puts him under control. He is slippery which is bad for you, it makes him hard to CC. He can 1 shot you if he's fed. Just ban him for now...
If they are a smurfing Renger 1 trick you will have a hard time. Fiddle needs time to CC champions, a fed rengar doesn't give you time. The good news for you is most Rengar players are bad at the game, so don't worry too much.
Champion Build Guide
I've been playing League of Legends since season 9. Prior to that, I had only heard of the game from my ex girlfriend. I had never played MOBA before and I figured I'd just download the game and give it a try. I had no idea what I was doing and fed very badly. However, in the process I fell in love with the game.
I started as a mid lane Karthus 1 trick, but after a couple hundred games I decided I wanted to be a jungler instead. I wasn't bad as a mid laner, but I thought the idea of jungling was just cooler. I decided to focus on macro and played mostly tank junglers during season 9. After some grinding I made it to Gold 1, my games essentially being Diamond games with me as the lone Gold player. I was proud of my accomplishment - I had made it to the higher tiers of game play in just 1 year.
However, in the process I also realized something: Playing tanks was fun but very frustrating. It began to take it's toll on my mental making the "correct" macro play, but not having my team follow up correctly was discouraging.
That's why this season I have switched to learning "carry junglers". One of champions I have been focusing on is Fiddlesticks. After some frustration learning the different play style I was amazed. I was able to play in anywhere from Bronze - Gold ELO with 80% + winrate. This is exactly what I wanted out of League of Legends. My goal with this guide is to teach you guys exactly how I get these types of results and my thought process behind it.
Currently, I haven't had as much time to play this season due to other hobbies and family life. However, I am having SO MUCH FUN carrying games with Fiddlesticks. I feel like literally EVERY SINGLE GAME IS WINNABLE on this champion, and best of all the game is in my hands.
Reasons why I play Fiddlesticks
2. Another reason I play Fiddle is his farming. You can farm multiple jungle camps at once with while maintaining your health (thanks to Bountiful Harvest). With proper pathing, you can easily be ahead of your enemy's CS, meaning you'll have more gold, meaning you'll have better items, etc. You get the jist.
3. With the Fiddlesticks rework, you get an insane amount of free vision control with the new passive, A Harmless Scarecrow. Vision is SO important and gives you control of the map when it comes to objectives, ganks, and teamfights. His Effigies act as an oracle lense, a ward, as well as a mind trick on the enemies which can throw them off or even burn a Flash if you're lucky.
4. Fiddle's crowd control and sneakiness makes him AMAZING in teamfights, especially once he hits level 6. You can turn any teamfight around with Crowstorm and shut down carries (such as a fed Yasuo) easily with Terrify or Reap crowd control. If the enemy team respects you, they'll be scared of you and if they don't respect you then they'll regret they didn't!
5. Fiddle's kit isn't mechanically demanding. There aren't an insane amount of mechanics involved with playing Fiddlesticks, meaning you can really focus on other things like who to fear or silence in teamfights, where to prep for a Crowstorm flank, objective control, and more. I care a lot about macro, so Fiddle's simplicity allows me to max out my game macro so I can take over and carry my team.
6. Fiddle's playstyle is best described as an ambush playstyle. If you enjoy ambushing ususpectiing enemies or love the idea of surprising the enemies out of nowhere, then Fiddle is a great champ to consider. It's kind of like playing mindgames with the enemy, which I personally really have fun doing.
+ Farming speed
+ Excellent teamfighting
+ Carry potential
+ Lots of crowd control
+ Feels strong at all points of the game
+ Good first pick
- ULT reliant
- Bad at 1v1
- Constantly gets invaded
- Low range
- Dies easily if CCd
Why you SHOULDN'T Play Fiddlesticks
I wouldn't reccommend playing Fiddlesticks if any of the following applies to you:
2. If you only play auto-attack champs.
3. If you want a champion who invades the enemy jungler constantly.
4. If you don't understand "choke points" and how to use them.
5. If you don't enjoy fighting for vision control.
6. If you don't like playing around teammates.
CHECK BACK SOON!! I'll be adding to this guide every day for a while!
Primary Path: Domination
|With my aggressive play style it's not uncommon for me to have 20+ or 30+ Dark Harvest stacks. In the late game my ULT will hit hard enough to carry team fights.|
|Cheap Shot is self explanatory, Fiddle has a lot of CC and this rune helps give you more damage.|
|Eyeball Collection gives Fiddle very hard scaling.|
|Ultimate Hunter is great for the late game when Crowstorm has a ridiculously short cooldown.|
Secondary Path: Inspiration
|Perfect Timing offers you outplay potential around the 10 minute mark while Cosmic Insight gives you 45% CDR. Considering you'll have Ultimate Hunter if you go with these runes, you'll even have Crowstorm up TWICE in those late-game teamfights. That's just insane!|