Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 359 of 413
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 9:26pm | Report
I say OCD because I, personally, have trouble ignoring it and it makes it hard for me to notice anything else about the signature. His pauldron and the other blade are in front of his head, leaving scanlines on them actually throws off the perspective. Not to mention the color differences there cause them to appear to be messily erased around the edges. You also did erase them from the other arm, which furthers the odd effect. They looked better before.

It's different to take something that is both part of and behind your intended focal and leave scanlines on it because that just cements where the focus really is. An example being leaving scanlines on Kayle's wings (this is an old signature, so the scanlines aren't perfect by any means, but you get the point).

This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, besides.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 1:55am | Report
I agree with Amanda regarding the scan lines, and I'm still not a huge fan but it doesn't look bad by any means.

Although I was suggesting you make the sig darker everywhere but the focal, I think this looks much better, I love the lighting. I Like the colour and placemement of the text, but I don't like the font. It does "match" with the theme, but I don't like that both portions of the text are the same size and in caps (I know you probably can't not use caps with that font). Suggestion #1 is to shrink the second or first part of the text, but I think that'll make it very hard to see, as it's not huge as it is. Suggestion #2 change the font of either of the two parts of the text, but keep the second part of the text in this font. Suggestion #3 change the font of both the parts of the text, I don't think that's necessary though. Another thing, which is related to text but unrelated to the font, is that you could change the colour of the word "hunt" or "tonight" to be orangey like his eye.

by jhoijhoi
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 2:30am | Report
I really want to create a signature but GIMP is so complicated, don't know what to do :p
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 4:04am | Report
Hey Rage, try using this: http://www.photoshoponlinefree.com/ It pretty much is an online version of Photoshop. I can make a tutorial for you, but if you just play around with it, I think you'll find it pretty intuitive. The only problem I have encountered is that it doesn't have clipping masks.

Just made this through the above link in about 10 minutes (including the time to figure out the controls). So it's not the best, but gives you a rough idea of what can be done.

Quick edit, importing a render of Zyra over the top of the border lines. Again, not perfect, the render is low quality and I didn't take time properly resizing her.

lol, this program is pretty good.

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 4:10am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Hey Rage, try using this: http://www.photoshoponlinefree.com/ It pretty much is an online version of Photoshop. I can make a tutorial for you, but if you just play around with it, I think you'll find it pretty intuitive. The only problem I have encountered is that it doesn't have clipping masks.

Just made this through the above link in about 10 minutes (including the time to figure out the controls). So it's not the best, but gives you a rough idea of what can be done.

Thanks for link! I would love a tutorial, but I'll check it out and see what I can do.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 7:09am | Report
R4GE wrote:
I really want to create a signature but GIMP is so complicated, don't know what to do :p
there are tutorials all over. If you end up deciding to mess with it again don't hesitate to ask about it though.
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 10:39am | Report
there are tutorials all over. If you end up deciding to mess with it again don't hesitate to ask about it though.

Thanks. I've been reading your tutorial, but I'm looking after a video tutorial since you will see where to click etc when you don't know where to find the features.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 11:39am | Report

I am rather new to scan lines but tried to do a signature with them anyway :p

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 11:41am | Report

Look what I did! First signature ever, I think it looks good, was playing around with GIMP and this was the result. What do you guys think?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 11:43am | Report
R4GE wrote:

Look what I did! First signature ever, I think it looks good, was playing around with GIMP and this was the result. What do you guys think?

The red text is rather hard to read and the quality seems to be a bit bad (the image looks grainy)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide