Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

wRAth's POP ART AND NON-POP ART Signature Shop!

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK April 8, 2011 10:24pm
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:06pm | Report
2 usually doesn't look too good.

so you want the outback skin or his normal green one? I would crop the outback one.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:38pm | Report
outback I spose. like i said , not picky, creative licence and all that.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 7:55pm | Report
kk :)

I'll try to do it tmrw

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Phever
<Member>
Phever's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:00pm | Report
Dude look at you wRAth tearing up the sigs now haha and i like how your showcase sigs are half mine XD

I <3 You for all the work you do for me sir :D thanks
Thanks to Nameless and Miss Maw
Did I Help You? +Rep :3
+rep +rep +rep for all of the cookies :3
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2011 8:12pm | Report
lol yea xD

and sure thing :)

I <3 you too :)

Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 12:12am | Report
You've made some pretty nice ones - but mate.. You REALLY need to work on getting your text staying out abit less. You are supposed to notice, but it just seems so "slapped on" if you know what I mean?

I use overlay and other blending modes alot when i make text on my sigs, and if you compare yours and mine - then you should be able to see what I mean :)

Apart from that you are doing a really great job!
I actually wouldn't mind if you could make me a Teemo pop-art signature? with no text for now (I might add that myself if you don't mind it tho ^^ ) but the whole pop-art thing is quite interesting to me ^^

If you could use this: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2267/teemo.png picture for it that would simply be awesome! :D

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 1:20am | Report
Sure I'd make you a teemo sig :)

What part of that pic do you want? I am assuming just teemo's body? or the whole thing?

about the text: I don't quite see what you are saying. I know on some of the sigs they pop out a little (first few ones), but I thought it would kinda look cool with the picture. the vlad one kinda just sucks, I made that one in a rush for the fun of it xD

look at my bottom examples, more recent

but what exactly do you do? like, I don't see much less "slapping on" o-o

not trying to be rude or took any offense from your advice, just wondering what I can improve on

Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 1:37pm | Report

Sure I'd make you a teemo sig :)

What part of that pic do you want? I am assuming just teemo's body? or the whole thing?

about the text: I don't quite see what you are saying. I know on some of the sigs they pop out a little (first few ones), but I thought it would kinda look cool with the picture. the vlad one kinda just sucks, I made that one in a rush for the fun of it xD

look at my bottom examples, more recent

but what exactly do you do? like, I don't see much less "slapping on" o-o

not trying to be rude or took any offense from your advice, just wondering what I can improve on

The whole body ^^

Usually I try to make the text like blend into the picture.. make it a part of picture. But lately I haven't really managed to do that, so for most of my new sig's the only thing i've been trying to do is to follow the general color scheme of the rest of the signature, and blend it a little :)

And yes just the body of teemo would be nice :D

And after looking abit closer, you are actually right that it isn't that bad. But an advice would be to play around with blending styles when you make your text, you can really get some amazing effects that way! :D

Edit: both of these two sigs have the text "incorporated" into the picture, in different ways - but that just proves that there are different ways to do it, while still kinda getting the same "effect" ^^
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4134/boxxysignature.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1553/hiitasignature.jpg

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 3:32pm | Report
inb4 tl;dr

Text is usually the hardest thing for a signature maker as you don't want it necessarily

to depict the main focus point.

Trying to blend the text can be tricky, I used to use overlay and other layer

options like soft light and also setting opacity's lower but generally

that to me seems like a poor atempt and is kind of cheap (no offence) as

it doesn't actually blend it in, infact it mays it more noticeable.

I can tell however on Slizer002 signature the outglow and stroke helps

which is a great thing to do, but it rarely works

I used to love blending my signatures text through 30% opacity outer glow at ( 10px ) / ( 5px )

However i've become fixated with clipping mask text style which confronts the signature

itself towards the text making it blend in straight away but again this is an intermediate

approach and beginners can find it tricky to master

Another great method is just feathering around the text slightly at around 3px to make it

'fade' into the signature and then possibly add blending options such as

outer glow. Possibly drop shadow can be great (i know drop shadow is a nice method to make your text

stand out a bit more but it isn't always the best approach you'll know what i mean if you overuse the options)

so, really to conclude if you want to make your text blend in a bit more

you want to approach all the suggestions mentioned and fixate them together

so

1. Pick a light color from your scheme, if red...choose lighter shade of red

2. Drop shadow at around 35% and pick the best px for it, i like 3|0|3

3. Create a clipping mask (new layer > apply image >Alt+ctr l+g>move the image around

4. if necessarily lower opacity and experiment with outer glow

5. feather around text if needed

This is the technique I use mainly in the newest signatures, obviously I'm not expert

but its a better approach (again no offense) than overlay, soft light etc.

also, I'll like to pinpoint that wRAthoFVuLK is doing the right thing with his text styles

hes making it suit and oblige to the work hes producing: pop art. although he also produces

non pop art. A great example is his text style in this signature:

It may be simple and conflict with my suggestions but to be honest its effective

this is because its not only following the color scheme but it also seems

to blend in overall nicely and also doesn't destroy the main focal point

and i think this only works with the signatures wRAthoFVuLK makes, by this

i mean the general style of his signatures.

Nevertheless, art is a strong thing to argue with as people are entitled to their own views

and opinions and also art is seen as different to another persons eye, just like music

so we all have different tastes' etc, this is why you see famous artist in the past

and think how? ...because some were made famous through just a squiggly line or a stick man

EDIT: This isn't an insult to Slizer002 kind words and advice or anything like that, <3

P.S imo. :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2011 3:53pm | Report
heh thanks guys, I'll try some more stuff. But @ Slizer, Xiao has a point. This is pop art, some of that blending stuff such as in the 2nd example you posted would look pretty bad for most pop art sigs.

Keep in mind, it is POP art, which yes, means popular art, but also, clearly, POPS out. Usually, scheme permitting, I try to let the text do this too, but not too extreme.

Also keep in mind, I get some crazy, specific requests of colors. So, sometimes where I would wanna do something like in the TerraAquaVen Fire Nocturne or the Rapids sigs, which I think the text works well in, I am not able to, it just wouldn't work with the scheme/not what they requested.

But I'll take some of those things into consideration, depending on the sig again, the feathering/blending option would work nicely.

So here's what I'll do. I'll do the Teemo sig with text and without, and I wanna see how you would incorporate text into it. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide