Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Akali Health Regen seals

Creator: cpanda October 10, 2011 12:51pm
1 2
cpanda
<Member>
cpanda's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 12:51pm | Report
I just dinged level 20 and was wondering if flat Health Regen seals would work well with Akali.

I guess flat Health seals have become popular and so are flat Armor so those are viable. I just want some input if I should go Regen Health or Armor
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:30pm | Report
HP regen seals are kinda sucky.
cpanda
<Member>
cpanda's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:41pm | Report
thanks for the reply hmmmm ok well I see the meta leaning towards flat health so I guess I'll go with that. Also I've read your off tank anti carry guides duff. I really enjoyed them especially offtanking. It has improved my Sion game considerably. Even though I don't often play him he is easily one of my strongest champs.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:33pm | Report
Hold off on that purchase or lack of purchase.
HP regen runes are good just on select champs. On solo tops like J4 or Jax, they're pretty good. Not so good for Akali because she gets that spell vamp for her own healing.
Honestly, I'd wait for Searz's opinion for the final word. He's kinda the rune master around here.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:39pm | Report
Oh, I didn't think I'd have to pitch in here.

But here goes:
2Magic Penetration marks, 7AD marks, HP/lvl seals, 3AP glyphs, 6AP/lvl glyphs and AP quints. (with 21/0/9 masteries ofc, to reach both your passives)
Start with Boots+3pots.
That is what you should use on Summoners' Rift.

On Dominion you should go with Pickaxe and run 9 Magic Penetration marks instead.

(I know it said seals, but I'm tired and I'm thinking in setups right now :3)
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
cpanda
<Member>
cpanda's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:40pm | Report
Hmm the thing is I never build GunBlade and hardly ever buy Revolver. Its a stupid self imposed rule I have.

edit: Those are almost the exact marks I was going to buy. Except I was going to opt for 4 Glyphs of Force. Without the Revolver I thought health regen would help but I guess like energy regen it's just not a game changer.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:41pm | Report
Well, Gunblade is kind of a perfect item for Akali. I'm pretty sure any experienced player will tell you that.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:42pm | Report
If you do the math, HP regen yellows vrs HP regen quints, there's no comparison. Quints are more than twice as good cost to effect.

On Akali you'll need your quints to get both passives active at lvl 1.

Also, cheers, glad to hear it :)
cpanda
<Member>
cpanda's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 3:46pm | Report
I guess all the qq has effected my disposition on the item. I used to buy revolver early and gun blade late and could carry a team effectively. But there's something thrilling about just bursting the poor sucker whos out of position and getting the **** out of there.

edit: Thanks for the help. I think I'll listen to the elders on this one. I might as well abuse Hextech while I can and grab the above runes.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2011 5:15pm | Report
Searz wrote:

On Dominion you should go with Pickaxe and run 9 Magic Penetration marks instead.

I don't know about that. I'd think Blasting Wand + Boots would be a better opening, taking the same marks as SR. The flat pen really isn't that good since the Crystal Scar status effect gives everyone %pen.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide