Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Formatting help

Creator: Classic Crime October 20, 2011 10:01am
Classic Crime
<Member>
Classic Crime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 10:01am | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/top-lane-is-yours-139344 is my new guide. I just started using basic code to make it look better, however I noticed I have the entire thing centered.

It's better than not doing anything at all to it, however I was wondering what else I could do to make it more visually appealing. Thank you.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 10:07am | Report
Lots of help how to form a nice guide here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/making-a-guide-101506

Also, you could write, early/mid/late game chapter.

The language of friendship is not words, but meanings.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Classic Crime
<Member>
Classic Crime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 10:32am | Report
Yeah that's the guide I followed for a lot of mine. I was simply wondering if there were any other simple things I could do to make it look clean and easy to read, besides [ center ] and [ list ]

Also, thank you for the advice on a chapter to add. I will do that a bit later.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2011 6:27pm | Report
That blue you're using against the dark background is really hard on the eyes. Maybe use Royal Blue or something.
Searz's Guide Template is a really good way to start formatting your guide, and you can find the color hexadeximal codes, which are always useful. Link Here
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to AlexanPT for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
FlavoRTowN
<Member>
FlavoRTowN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 2:51am | Report
I dislike using centre for body paragraphs because it looks weird and looks less structured. That's just me.
But the main thing would be using indents along with the centre. The end result to me looks messy. Standard formatting (i.e left to right) with indents/dot points I feel is the best since its simple and concise.

Possibly usage of large icons instead of overusing these ones...example Boots
Also it splits the page up so it look less like a wall of text. Continuing from this use the item planner thing on mobafire and link it in to the guide. Its really good to split walls of text further.

Last advice would be to find 1 or 2 oolours and stick with them - It gives it a uniform look to the guide. Lighter colours will be easier on the eyes.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 11:45am | Report

however I noticed I have the entire thing centered.

Sounds to me like that was an accident. You're probably missing a [/center] tag somewhere.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide