Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's decoding service

Creator: jhoijhoi October 1, 2013 4:35am
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2014 6:01pm | Report
Hi R4GE, sorry for missing your post. The mastery chapter formatting is already available in my Making a Guide Guide; Emikadon's only added in bullet points to the coding. As for the ToC, I can do that later, but again, a similar coding cluster is available in my Making a Guide Guide ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2014 8:16am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Hi R4GE, sorry for missing your post. The mastery chapter formatting is already available in my Making a Guide Guide; Emikadon's only added in bullet points to the coding. As for the ToC, I can do that later, but again, a similar coding cluster is available in my Making a Guide Guide ^^

No problem, I found out another way of coding the ToC.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2016 3:08am | Report
Bringing this back to life. A lot of MobaFire members are serious coders now, so it'd be awesome to see what kind of templates we can come up with.

♡ sig by me ♡
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 10:36am | Report
Anyone have any ideas on an ability skill order template? I know the one that's in Ashes to Ashe's is pretty popular, but everytime I read it I feel like I'm squinting and getting a headache from it. It just seems a little small to me.

Should I just increase the size of it, or is there a better method anyone can come up with?

If I helped you, click that +rep!
jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 11:11am | Report
In jhoijhoi's guide she left space between the columns which is why it looks so small.

Tbh, I like the design of Lolking's ability skill order. The icons are smaller than the field. I tried it with using Unicode ♥ but numbers with circles are on my browser only available until 10 and afterwards you get those rectangles. The only thing I can come up is creating your own custom icons by either making round ability icons or number inside circles as an image. Another idea would be putting ability icons and and number into one circle oo

lolking
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 12:55pm | Report
I actually like that idea a lot. I'll probably end up just doing custom images then. It's definitely a lot more visible with those circles than just the small icons. Thanks!

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 1:07pm | Report
It doesn't help that Ashe's abilities all look the same. With champions with easy to distinguish abilities, it looks fine. But yes, coloured balls with numbers would look nice, like LoLKing's design. However, that's a LOT of custom graphics for a small section of your guide. Unless you can find a use for the numbers somewhere else ^^

♡ sig by me ♡
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 10:02am | Report
First attempt at this - I screwed up the images slightly, but just to get the idea.

I'll attempt to fix the images a bit, but thoughts on how that looks?

Code

Next Attempt

Code

jokersprank
<Member>
jokersprank's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 12:25pm | Report
I think tables are better in this case. I tried it in a guide and it messed up the formation. The problem could be the empty columns since they aren't filled and don't stay the same width if the whole space is too small.

Here I tried using tables. The first one is with less code and much more clearer. The second is made for giving a grid look.

code

Btw, how did you create the images? Photoshop or some vector programm?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 12:57pm | Report
^You should use the center code to get all the images aligned nicely. I also think smaller circles would be nicer. I also think the icons to the left would look nicer if they didn't have a grid, so just changed the background colour to black, which is what your guide background colour is - the transparent tag doesn't work for some reason.

Nice coding, Jokers and JPikachu!

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide