Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Soviet's Guide shredding services.

Creator: Totallynotn00b June 28, 2012 2:30am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2012 9:49am | Report
I view Sona as a free kill now. I had sona on my team yesterday when i was Ashe, and every time Blitzcrank grabbed he got Sona, and low and behold... she died. -.-
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2012 10:31am | Report
Name: RosePhoenix
Link to your guide :"Reverent riven, an indepth riven guide by rose phoenix"

Ah... A guide which I actually get good vibes from the moment I start reading.
You spent 20 hours on your guide? It shows. I spent days on mine. It shows.

Ok, I lied a bit. There's already a small hiccup. AFAIK - Riven has dashes - not blinks. You can blink through an Event Horizon without being stunned, dashing will result in you being stunned.

I'm not going to do this in the normal format because I actually like this guide for the most part. It's got next to no spelling errors, grammatically well-done, informative and relevant. It's just incomplete

So instead, i'll go through this section by section, because this guide didn't induce rage, and has the potential to go far. So it seems logical to me to put this into a new format.

Masteries:
1- Summoner's Wrath doesn't boost ignite...
2- Why not 3 in Hardiness and 1 in Tough Skin ?
3- No flexibility. Would you really take Hardiness against Vladimir for example?

Runes:

I dont see why flat arpen marks would be better the more AD you have. IT's flat. -12 is -12, 80 or 120 ad.

Glyphs: You want scaling MR glyphs if against AD laners. OMG YOU EXPLAINED. BRB BUYING LOTTERY TICKET. But in all seriousness, why not any others, like say, CDR?

No other exceptions implies there's an exception somewhere. If there aren't any, it's just "no exceptions"

Summoner spells:

Mentioning Ignite cuts down healing seems something awfully obvious to miss out, especially since you mention it later.

Skillset:

A little wall-o-texty. Put in paragraphs.
Honestly. That's all i can say about this. It's got tips, it's got good knowledge. Points in your favour.

Skill sequence:
OMG EXPLANATIONS.
No comment. More points.

Items:
You say start boots and x4 potions. Yet you only talk about 3 in the actual explanation.

You state what you get and why, but you don't state what you don't get and why. I.e, Frozen Mallet, Warmog's Armor. Yes I know it's generally a daft idea on Riven, but it's still something people would be interested in.

Playstyles:
Not. blinks.

Skill combinations:
Good.

Early game, mid game, late game:
Fine.

Conclusions:
I'll be watching this guide. It shows potential.
The thing it's desperately missing at the moment to me would be lane-match ups.
When that's done, assuming it's to the same standard as the rest of the guide, will easily result in a +1 from me.

But since it isn't complete at the moment, i'm rating it Ok.
As much as I would love to upvote it, it's a principle of mine to not really vote on incomplete guides.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2012 5:09pm | Report
Thanks! I will be editing as soon as I'm free.
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2012 9:27pm | Report
Quoted:
1- Summoner's Wrath doesn't boost Ignite...

O_o wat?? +5 AD&AP while ignite is on cooldown
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 2:35am | Report
albableat wrote:

O_o wat?? +5 AD&AP while ignite is on cooldown

Strictly speaking, ignite itself isnt bring boosted. With or without summoners wrath, target will take same amount of damage from ignite no?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 2:59am | Report
Thanks for the review! I'm actually kinda tired right now so I'm not going to explain my reasoning for some points you brought out that I disagree with.

Edit'd a lot of the stuff you pointed out already and am working on jungling atm.

Thanks again!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 8:48am | Report

Strictly speaking, ignite itself isnt bring boosted. With or without summoners wrath, target will take same amount of damage from ignite no?

Oh, ok then.
I thought you implied that Summoner's Wrath doesn't give any bonuses for running Ignite at all.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 8:49am | Report
albableat wrote:

Oh, ok then.
I thought you implied that Summoner's Wrath doesn't give any bonuses for running Ignite at all.

nononononono.

God dammit alba is that what you think of me? =(
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:33am | Report

God dammit alba is that what you think of me? =(

That you're the most amazing person on this website? :D
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2012 10:34am | Report
That's probably the only thing I think of you lol

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide