Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What should I do to my Guide on Shaco?

Creator: React November 27, 2011 5:52am
1 2
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 5:52am | Report
I made this guide many months ago and just lost interest in shaco during the period from now and then. I have decided to update my guide but from what I see, everything in my guide needs to be redone... so the question I ask is, Should I keep my old guide and just redo it all, or should I make a new guide?
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 4:11pm | Report
Archive it until you can complete it. Or scrap it for a new one.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 5:38pm | Report
I've decided to scrap it.... thats what i'd basically be doing either way but starting out at 75% seems unfair since it will be, basically, a new guide.
>>My Referal Page<<

[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 10:54pm | Report
Don't scrap it. You're not gonna get back that 75% or get into higher scores with this community. You won't have enough upvotes even if you write a great guide or if it's better than the top one. Nobody is gonna vote for any other guide but the top one and like this you still have a chance.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 10:59pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

Don't scrap it. You're not gonna get back that 75% or get into higher scores with this community. You won't have enough upvotes even if you write a great guide or if it's better than the top one. Nobody is gonna vote for any other guide but the top one and like this you still have a chance.

Lol, how do you think the top guides got to where they are? Sure, there are a few that have been sheep voted, but a lot of the top guides are fairly recent, since the old authors were way out of date. This is further enhanced by the new Expiry system which removes obsolete guides from the default searches and the top ten.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 11:04pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:

Actually that's not true at all. You can get above that percentage while C2V is still on. He's actually at a disadvantage if he holds onto it.
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 3:26am | Report
Imm just gunna scrap it and start fresh...
>>My Referal Page<<

[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 5:40am | Report
Oh well.

I had over 30 people (atleast) tell me that my guide is about 20 times better than the current top Shyvana guide. Both in formatting, explanation, build variety, etc. And I get about 1 vote every 2 to 3 weeks and he gets atleast 2 to 3 a week. This shows some difference.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 5:42am | Report
Shows some difference for you, not everyone else.
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 9:16pm | Report
Maybe for you Fic, but I have bookmarked a mobafire page on recent updated guides. I spend 15mins daily just to check some and upvote when I like it, leave it as it is if I don't. New guides always get noticed sometimes, it sure takes time, but keeping it freshly updated once a while and improving format does the job.
(Discontinued)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide