Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[EUW] Inhouse Game Discussion - August

Creator: Khazem August 2, 2014 4:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Thank fk I actually won one game at the end, I think I was close to completely losing my mind after about the seventh lost game in a row.

We all were losing our minds, you weren't alone in that one. Dear God.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 3:38pm | Report
I'm glad that you were all able to share in my pain. :3
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 3:46pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I'm glad that you were all able to share my pain.

Good to know that at least someone took solace in that fact. Honestly though, I don't understand why you even bother joining games when you already start complaining in champion select or like, within the first 5-10 minutes of the game. Almost everyone I've spoken is playing to enjoy themselves and someone who's whining like 24/7 about everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of everything isn't really helping anyone is just completely obnoxious.

If a game annoys you, then don't play it, but don't play it and drag others down. Thank you in advance.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 5:21pm | Report
I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to post that here. If you have a problem with me you should bring it up with myself and/or Wayne in private instead of making a scene here like an ***.

Sure I complain but it's not like I'm the only one, not by a long shot. You'd complain too if you were ****ping on your lane opponent only for them to get carried by the ridiculous amount of inhouse ganks or by picking up a ton of random kills on your team. If I'm that much of a problem then why didn't "almost everyone" mention it to my face instead of *****ing behind my back? If enough people think it's for the best then I can keep myself muted, it's not like it'll be a great loss on either side given the current level of communication taking place.

While we're on the subject though I should mention I find it really irritating when people absolutely refuse to listen to any calls or information in TS and proceed to continue running in doing whatever they feel like regardless. And people are surprised when I get angry. I'm not going to mention any names but I myself find quite a few people's behavior to be extremely annoying in inhouses recently - I just try to ignore it instead of starting **** on the forums.

I'll probably be quitting League soon anyway so it might not be an issue for much longer. Until then I have just as much right to play as you do, so you'll have to forgive me if I choose to ignore your kind advice. For the record I'm getting fairly severe (even for me) depression and anxiety right now, not that I particularly expect anyone to give a ****.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 6:35pm | Report
Care less, win more, more fun.
The ways of bitpik.

Oh and lategame.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Wait, wait... this argument is actually happening :'D

I just have one thing to ask;

Are inhouses meant for improving your gameplay or having fun? Having both is only an option that grants half ***ed results; therefore I suggest we leave that option out.

Because if it's the former, then people looking to just enjoy themselves and refuse to listen should be disallowed to play. If it's the latter, people taking the game seriously and striving only to improve should be disallowed to play.

I remember that in the few inhouses I did play I was so scared of making a mistake that I could barely speak due to being nervous. This definitely helped me improve, especially since I was a silver matched vs platinum players. As for fun... well, winning definitely felt worth it and extremely satisfying. Losing didn't feel too harsh either because I had learned so much just from a single game. During these games some people made pretty ballsy plays under the notion of having fun which annoyed me to no end.

Being too tense might not be the best state of mind to be in but compared to being extremely carefree, it's definitely a good thing.

Might as-well create separate inhouses on separate days, ones for fun and chilling around while others would be strictly for gameplay improvement.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2014 9:41pm | Report

Good to know that at least someone took solace in that fact. Honestly though, I don't understand why you even bother joining games when you already start complaining in champion select or like, within the first 5-10 minutes of the game. Almost everyone I've spoken is playing to enjoy themselves and someone who's whining like 24/7 about everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of everything isn't really helping anyone is just completely obnoxious.

If a game annoys you, then don't play it, but don't play it and drag others down. Thank you in advance.

Now I understand why you love the presence of Toshabi so much. I'll join in on EU games if you assist me in leveling up an account.

Luther3000 wrote:
I'll probably be quitting League soon anyway so it might not be an issue for much longer. Until then I have just as much right to play as you do, so you'll have to forgive me if I choose to ignore your kind advice. For the record I'm getting fairly severe (even for me) depression and anxiety right now, not that I particularly expect anyone to give a ****.

I think you need to continue your Toshabi therapy sessions. Like, post-haste.

XeresAce wrote:
Wait, wait... this argument is actually happening :'D

I just have one thing to ask;

Are inhouses meant for improving your gameplay or having fun? Having both is only an option that grants half ***ed results; therefore I suggest we leave that option out.

Because if it's the former, then people looking to just enjoy themselves and refuse to listen should be disallowed to play. If it's the latter, people taking the game seriously and striving only to improve should be disallowed to play.

I remember that in the few inhouses I did play I was so scared of making a mistake that I could barely speak due to being nervous. This definitely helped me improve, especially since I was a silver matched vs platinum players. As for fun... well, winning definitely felt worth it and extremely satisfying. Losing didn't feel too harsh either because I had learned so much just from a single game. During these games some people made pretty ballsy plays under the notion of having fun which annoyed me to no end.

Being too tense might not be the best state of mind to be in but compared to being extremely carefree, it's definitely a good thing.

Might as-well create separate inhouses on separate days, ones for fun and chilling around while others would be strictly for gameplay improvement.

They're meant to have fun, winning is just the icing on the cake. Me and GMD have fun thrashing about in ranked with really stupid picks like ADC anivia/vel'koz. We even had a game where we chased eachother around with thresh and naut to hook eachother.

League of legends ranked is school/homework, inhouse is recess.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2014 4:01am | Report
Let's just say, inhouses are for improvment to a certain degree.
Up to a level of play where we cannot balance the lobby properly, we cannot use the inhouses as improvement.

There is no point, and no improvement in playing vs easy enemies (so to say).
It's the same for normals, just playing normals won't improve anything, because you are still in comfort zone and not forced to play properly.
I almost never buy wards in normals, never build properly and still win games. That doesn't necessary mean I am improving. You basically improve in normals until you reach a certain ranked elo where you are forced to improve.
Same for inhouses, the amount of improvement we can get out of them right now is marginal, unless we actually have perfectly balanced teams e.g. full plats vs full plats.

There is no real balance with 3golds+1plat+1silver vs 4silvers+1dia for example.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2014 4:35am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to post that here. If you have a problem with me you should bring it up with myself and/or Wayne in private instead of making a scene here like an ***.

Already explained that in detail to you. It allows you to explain yourself to others as well, and it gives other people to share their experiences as well.

Luther3000 wrote:

Sure I complain but it's not like I'm the only one, not by a long shot. You'd complain too if you were ****ping on your lane opponent only for them to get carried by the ridiculous amount of inhouse ganks or by picking up a ton of random kills on your team. If I'm that much of a problem then why didn't "almost everyone" mention it to my face instead of *****ing behind my back? If enough people think it's for the best then I can keep myself muted, it's not like it'll be a great loss on either side given the current level of communication taking place.

It's obnoxious at times yeah, also I can't say that was the case in every game you've played. Otherwise the complaining would've started a little later than 8 minutes into the game.

And that's because people don't want more drama, they feel that if they complain it'll just come back to haunt them. In my case, sure that may be the case, but I've never believed that to be a good reason.

Luther3000 wrote:

While we're on the subject though I should mention I find it really irritating when people absolutely refuse to listen to any calls or information in TS and proceed to continue running in doing whatever they feel like regardless. And people are surprised when I get angry.

That subject isn't even in the same neighbourhood as this one. Also, no one says that they're suprised that you get angry, but they are surprised, just like myself, why you choose to keep playing if you're in that mood.

Luther3000 wrote:

I'm not going to mention any names but I myself find quite a few people's behavior to be extremely annoying in inhouses recently - I just try to ignore it instead of starting **** on the forums.

Oh gosh aren't you noble? No seriously, if you have a problem with people during the inhouses, you should mention it. Even if you don't want to, at least don't use it as a pathetic attempt to make me look bad.

Luther3000 wrote:

I'll probably be quitting League soon anyway so it might not be an issue for much longer. Until then I have just as much right to play as you do, so you'll have to forgive me if I choose to ignore your kind advice.

This is exactly why people don't want to say anything, because you make a big drama out of nothing. The only thing I've asked is why you keep playing while being in a dark mood that affects the overall atmosphere of the inhouses.

Luther3000 wrote:

For the record I'm getting fairly severe (even for me) depression and anxiety right now, not that I particularly expect anyone to give a ****.

I don't think people will give in to the same emotional extortion fourteen times which, by the way, one shouldn't misinterpret for not caring.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2014 4:42am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Now I understand why you love the presence of Toshabi so much. I'll join in on EU games if you assist me in leveling up an account.

Sure thing.

Toshabi wrote:

They're meant to have fun, winning is just the icing on the cake. Me and GMD have fun thrashing about in ranked with really stupid picks like ADC anivia/vel'koz. We even had a game where we chased eachother around with thresh and naut to hook eachother.

League of legends ranked is school/homework, inhouse is recess.

Pretty much, although things can be more tryhard and I still wouldn't mind. The only thing I don't need is someone who - eight or so minutes into the game - screams "omg gg this game is over" while, myself, I'm being 2/0/2. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't be made aware of the total situation, but less Four Horsemen-y would be great.

In the end I only really asked why Luther bothers joining if he's like permanently annoyed and I think that's an honest question which has absolutely nothing to do with winning, having fun, or outrageous sex with Miley Cyrus (who said that btw?).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide