Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[NA] Inhouse Game Discussion - October

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard October 5, 2014 6:39pm
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 3:16am | Report
So for next inhouse let's stratify matchups so it's only gold v gold, silver v silver etc. This means people won't get the role they want but it will have much lower potential for a stomp so hopefully it works out. Because it's not the balance going into the game, 80% of the time refs ask are these teams ok and if not they get changed.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:05am | Report
^ Good luck doing that without it taking forever to set up the game and having 90% the same players vs each other every single time. Also you're completely screwed if there's an odd number of players in a division.

I can tell you this problem is not as localized to NA as many of you seem to think. OTG's attitude sure doesn't seem perfect but I can guarantee you that a lot of other people don't usually enjoy games when losing, at least when it's by a lot. Things like winning your lane and then getting four man camped and watching your opponent(s) get fed our of their mind because your other matchups lost or aren't paying attention are infuriating, and straight up losing horribly 1v1/2v2 can be very frustrating too.

More to the point though, I feel like the real communication issue, at least on EU, is the composition of the teams - not only in terms of skill, but in terms of clashing personalities (and whether they can talk, obviously). There are games when I'll get placed with mostly people I'm friends with who talk a lot and everything's great, but then there also games where I'll get placed with people I don't know well (or frankly dislike) or who don't talk much - these are the games that tend to turn into silent stomps because no one feels like communicating, particularly when behind, while the other team is. I tend to just mute myself and start playing on autopilot in such situations because I know that some people find my attitude annoying at times and it's very discouraging when no one else is saying anything.

The same thing can also happen in terms of team composition or playstyle, where one team ends up mostly filled with people tryharding on their mains while the majority of the other team decided to pick bad champions, different roles or just plain screw around. That's fine if everyone on each team has the same attitude, but it's frustrating if you're stuck on a team that has a different "goal" for the game or you try something new only to end up laning against someone good playing his overpowered main for the millionth time.

I don't actually have any solutions though so I don't know why I bothered writing this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Wanted to add that I feel like the whole "constructive criticism" element of the inhouses should be clarified one way or the other as it seems to have somewhat fallen by the wayside. I don't feel very comfortable with criticizing people's play in-game because most will react negatively and refuse to listen, but in the last several weeks I've really had to hold myself back at times from losing my temper. That's my own problem I guess, but it's still very annoying to play with someone who has no idea what they're doing for 40 minutes; particularly when they don't respond to calls. God help you if they're a bot lane main.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:25am | Report
Yeah I don't like that idea either. I like the current inhouse setup, sure it sucks sometimes but overall I think it's fun. But if people aren't willing to forget their ego's and fix their mentality in games I can't think of another solution. Other than doing 5's vs randoms or silly game modes.

And I agree. Really the only time we should give comments on someone's gameplay is if they ask or you know beforehand they are open to criticism. If anyone wants support tips or to duo throughout the week, not just at inhouses, I'll help. But typically criticisms are met negatively.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 1:55pm | Report
Someone mentioned something about skill of solo laners

So i'm terrified of playing mid lane in any of these games because everyone who goes mid is usually plat and i'm bronze. It also pissed me off when someone called purelulz a god simply because he can play nidalee against a bronze player. To me that was incredibly rude. He got fed because i am no threat to him because of the skill difference and the fact mid lane isn't forgiving to mistakes like top/support can be (depending on what/who you play/play against)

I avoid adc at all costs because I already suck at positioning and toning down aggression at correct times so even if i survive lane as soon as we move out of laning phase i will probably be caught doing something i shouldn't. Now this isn't to say i can't adc and i really should suck it up and play kog/trist/sivir when i have to adc, but I don't think it will matter.

I would play jungle but other people pick it and i probably won't be as effective as they are.

I play support because I'm comfortable with it and can usually play effectively even if the average skill level of the enemy bot lane might be higher.

I play top lane because even if there is a large skill difference i can pick someone fairly safe and be just strong enough later to stay in the game.

I want to play mid lane on occasion. I want to play something other than a tank or ryze in top lane. But I just can't because I'm the lowest level person here and can't do **** against most of the people that normally play.

As for having fun.

I get annoyed when there is a 40-9 game or something stupid like that. Usually i just suck it up and deal with it and i don't ever surrender, unless they are hitting the nexus in which case i can hope for 2 explosions at the end. But it isn't exactly the most fun

In the Nasus game against yasuo i actually had fun. I lost lane horribly and my lane opponent was much better than i am but i almost killed him a few times by myself. Used my flash three times to dodge a knockup Q by getting a feel for the CD on it. Each time forced him to flash away. Once I actually did kill him by myself which i'm rather proud of.

Even though i lost that game pretty hard, compared to the other games, I still had fun playing it.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 2:04pm | Report
In the Nasus game against yasuo i actually had fun. I lost lane horribly and my lane opponent was much better than i am but i almost killed him a few times by myself. Used my flash three times to dodge a knockup Q by getting a feel for the CD on it. Each time forced him to flash away. Once I actually did kill him by myself which i'm rather proud of.

**** that match-up, not playing that ever again. Dear Jebus, everything felt so pointless.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 2:05pm | Report
Someone mentioned something about skill of solo laners

So i'm terrified of playing mid lane in any of these games because everyone who goes mid is usually plat and i'm bronze. It also pissed me off when someone called purelulz a god simply because he can play nidalee against a bronze player. To me that was incredibly rude. He got fed because i am no threat to him because of the skill difference and the fact mid lane isn't forgiving to mistakes like top/support can be (depending on what/who you play/play against)

I avoid adc at all costs because I already suck at positioning and toning down aggression at correct times so even if i survive lane as soon as we move out of laning phase i will probably be caught doing something i shouldn't. Now this isn't to say i can't adc and i really should suck it up and play kog/trist/sivir when i have to adc, but I don't think it will matter.

I would play jungle but other people pick it and i probably won't be as effective as they are.

I play support because I'm comfortable with it and can usually play effectively even if the average skill level of the enemy bot lane might be higher.

I play top lane because even if there is a large skill difference i can pick someone fairly safe and be just strong enough later to stay in the game.

I want to play mid lane on occasion. I want to play something other than a tank or ryze in top lane. But I just can't because I'm the lowest level person here and can't do **** against most of the people that normally play.

As for having fun.

I get annoyed when there is a 40-9 game or something stupid like that. Usually i just suck it up and deal with it and i don't ever surrender, unless they are hitting the nexus in which case i can hope for 2 explosions at the end. But it isn't exactly the most fun

Even though i lost that game pretty hard, compared to the other games, I still had fun playing it.

^yea, that pretty much sums up why I only play support. It's the only thing I'm any good at.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 3:44pm | Report

**** that match-up, not playing that ever again. Dear Jebus, everything felt so pointless.

you outfarmed me by a lot, and pushed 2 of my towers.

I missed some early game stacks that i shouldn't have.

Then you ruined my fun by defending bot lane at the end

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Rotted, did you play against my mundo toplane as garen? That was a fun matchup.

Related to improving the inhouses, I would honestly prefer having a ranked 5's team of any skill level who's goal is just to play to have fun and improve. We've tried this before and it failed miraculously, but if anyone is interested let me know.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:08pm | Report
*raises hand*
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:36pm | Report
All right I invited you!