Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[NA] Inhouse Game Discussion - October

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard October 5, 2014 6:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7192
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:08pm | Report
Were you expecting Bryun to respond positively to the fact that you make it sound like he's in it more to "hunt lower tier players" than to provide a balanced and fun game for everyone?

Sure, it's just your opinion / an observation, but that doesn't mean it can't be offending to anyone :|


sirell wrote:
He doesn't like one-sided stomps, you don't like one-sided stomps. That's a common ground to start working together, not against each other.

I'd like to put some emphasis on this though. Work it out guys.

One question, out of interest: considering Bryun is often the host, isn't he often first pick on his team, meaning whoever has to face him has the opportunity to counterpick him (instead of the other way around)?

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10305
Joined:
Jan 8th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:13pm | Report
Not that game. I don't know. I don't pay attention. All I know is that most games I play for these I end up on the losing side, be it because no one has mics, someone decides to troll, or a higher tier player demolished a lowbie and snowballed the game out of control. I didn't mean to imply Bryun is to blame for this, I was stating that he often does get fed in that manner. When i said that I and other lower tier players feel like they are hunted I was actually referring to Purelulz.

I'm frustrated. Something that is supposed to be fun always seems to not be fun.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2365
Joined:
May 1st, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:32pm | Report
I'm literally first pick most of the time, this past weekend is when I stepped down as host. I think I was 3rd pick.

So I basically took all of my games I've played this past few months of the inhouses, sure sometimes I play snowball champions but I don't see the consistency you're talking about and I won about 58% of the time. Even when i do play champions like Vayne I get camped really hard and tend to even go negative. I try to play as many different ADCs I can because that's from keeping me from being bored. I suck at Jinx, I literally just picked up Lucian recently, and I never play Kog'Maw. I even tend to not even play Akali in inhouses because she's a snowball champion even though I love playing her (played her once or twice these past months). I'm sorry if I get fed as an ADC but that's not my fault.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:54pm | Report
I'm not 'biased' towards OTG. Actually, I'm calling it how I see it, not because of 'bias'. I'm not doing this to be fair, so I'm free to be biased anyway. Looking at the matter, I think you reacted excessively to what you misunderstood as an insult. Your post was obviously NOT purely constructive criticism, especially if you thought of it as an attack on you and responded as such, which you clearly did.

This matter is also not only relevant to those who played the inhouses, but members of MOBAFire in general, or did you forget these were 'MOBAFire' Inhouses? Just because I didn't play, it doesn't by any rules or your say-so, mean I cannot make suggestions or comment. Also, you basically ignored OTG's criticism without much actual thought to it - evident because you said it's an insult.

Edit: Okay, it seems to have progressed since I started writing, so nvm.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2365
Joined:
May 1st, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 6:38pm | Report
sirell wrote:
I'm not 'biased' towards OTG. Actually, I'm calling it how I see it, not because of 'bias'. I'm not doing this to be fair, so I'm free to be biased anyway. Looking at the matter, I think you reacted excessively to what you misunderstood as an insult. Your post was obviously NOT purely constructive criticism, especially if you thought of it as an attack on you and responded as such, which you clearly did.

This matter is also not only relevant to those who played the inhouses, but members of MOBAFire in general, or did you forget these were 'MOBAFire' Inhouses? Just because I didn't play, it doesn't by any rules or your say-so, mean I cannot make suggestions or comment. Also, you basically ignored OTG's criticism without much actual thought to it - evident because you said it's an insult.

But sure, disregard what I say anyway.


How can I misunderstand something when an observation is directed at me at a condescending manner? If you're going to "call it how you see it" don't talk in a way where it would seem like you're trying to look at it objectively and then proceed to disregard most of the things he said.

Quoted:

Anywho,here are some habits I noticed playing against my lane opponents
Game 1: OTG, you were playing really passive so I took advantage of that and zoned you from as many minions as I could, even sacrificing a minion or two to keep the pressure on. Instead of playing passive you should have traded back with me whenever I went to harass you. In a longer skirmish I think you would actually win in the trade because of your shield on the Q and your stun (it also would depend on if I missed my stun or not). Also, your pathing made it really easy for me to predict your movements so I could land my stun, instead of walking straight toward a creep to kill it you should walk with a side-step, or even walk diagonally.
tl;dr I felt you had a inferiority complex and played too passive, play more confidently.


this was to help him understand how he could've play the lane better, and anything that was directed at him from that post was PURELY for constructive criticism.

You can say anything you want regarding the inhouses, but what I said is I'm not going to take anything you say in seriousness because you simply don't know what's been going on in the inhouses enough to actually have any meaningful input. Sure you can say it's relevant to all MOBAfire members because we are MOBAfire, but that's like saying you're part of a football team because you're enrolled in the school. I'm curious to know what part of OTG's criticisms I didn't respond to or try to fix, because if you were a part of the inhouses you'd know that we have tried numerous of things to improve the inhouses to prevent these things from happening. So yes, I'm basically telling you that you do not have enough knowledge about the inner-workings of the NA inhouses to actually give any criticism for something you barely know anything about. Btw, I sense a tad bit of hostility in that post maybe you should take a breath.

Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
207
Joined:
May 27th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 6:42pm | Report
Well I think you get snowballed on OTG because you give up and turn an 0-3 lane to 0-7 and play champs that aren't safe laners that can still be relevant if you get behind. A lot of the solo laners we have in the inhouses are Plat or low diamond, so you're already going into a skill discrepancy and then you pick off-meta champs that either aren't safe or fit the team comp so it's that much harder to do well.

I'm just lambasting you and amanda on this because I was/am the same way and it sucks, but it's definitely holding you back. You spend 10% of your time saying "I did bad" and the other 90% blaming or getting mad at others. I remember their was one time I was playing mid yorick versus leblanc and you were jungle vi. You ganked me everytime your ultimate was off CD and I was pissed lmao. Sure I was frustrated in the game, but I fed off of that to improve my warding and vision control as a player and try and never let that happen again. You're stuck in this never ending cycle where you're not getting better, but not taking the correct steps to improve.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10305
Joined:
Jan 8th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:00pm | Report
This entire conversation has been blown way out of proportion. As pretty much every inhouse related conversation does. Inhouse games aren't fun. not playing them or not being the host or ref or blah blah, isn't the end of the world. In fact, why does NA even have inhouses? We clearly can't do it as efficiently or balanced as EUW does. For this reason, I will not be playing in any further in house games as obviously I make people have less fun myself by complaining about issues I have. Just remember that ultimately these games were supposed to be fun and everyone's seemingly taking this way too seriously.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:06pm | Report
Bryun wrote:

How can I misunderstand something when an observation is directed at me at a condescending manner? If you're going to "call it how you see it" don't talk in a way where it would seem like you're trying to look at it objectively and then proceed to disregard most of the things he said.


Because you misunderstood (and continue to misunderstand, it seems) that he meant no insult and his observation was not condescending, either. Those are interpretations you imposed on it yourself with no real basis other than the fact that you were really irked by what he said. I'm not disregarding anything he said. The only real 'affront' would be that he claims you said something that is inconsistent with your behaviour. Again, I also did not say I'm look at it 'objectively' and I'm pretty sure I implied the opposite if anything. I said I'm calling it how I'm seeing it, which is not necessarily 'objective' by any means of the word.


Bryun wrote:

this was to help him understand how he could've play the lane better, and anything that was directed at him from that post was PURELY for constructive criticism.


Ah, I made a mistake here. I thought you were referring to your reply to OTG after what he said. That was my bad. Even so, I think things escalated a tad bit quickly. Your reply could have been as constructive as your initial post was, but it wasn't. Also, trying to describe him with 'inferiority complex' in this context can really be considered quite tactless.

Bryun wrote:

You can say anything you want regarding the inhouses, but what I said is I'm not going to take anything you say in seriousness because you simply don't know what's been going on in the inhouses enough to actually have any meaningful input. Sure you can say it's relevant to all MOBAfire members because we are MOBAfire, but that's like saying you're part of a football team because you're enrolled in the school. I'm curious to know what part of OTG's criticisms I didn't respond to or try to fix, because if you were a part of the inhouses you'd know that we have tried numerous of things to improve the inhouses to prevent these things from happening. So yes, I'm basically telling you that you do not have enough knowledge about the inner-workings of the NA inhouses to actually give any criticism for something you barely know anything about. Btw, I sense a tad bit of hostility in that post maybe you should take a breath.


You're sensing things that aren't there. I bare no hostility towards you, but I am slightly startled by just how much malice seems to come out of your recent posts, even towards me despite the fact I haven't really displayed any misgivings towards you. This is what I mean by you're imposing your own interpretation on things. Of course, I'm doing much in the same vein, but I'm not doing it with anywhere near as heavy a prejudice as you seem to have.

Again, you assume I can have nothing useful to say just because I wasn't there. This is like saying I can have no opinion nor make suggestions on, say, the current Hong Kong protests because I'm not there. It's complete fallacy to say that. On top of this, I have the screenshots and the written accounts of people who were there, so why can I not make suggestions based on that? Even if I didn't, what is to say I can't make sensible suggestions on how an inhouse can be run? It just sounds like you're also irked at me because I'm an outsider looking like I'm 'interfering'. Even Wayne has already highlighted something I've said to you and you say you're not going to take what I say seriously? Honestly, you can do a lot better than that. I'm just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet that you've offered an opinion on something that is completely irrelevant to you at some point in your life, even if you don't know it.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
207
Joined:
May 27th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:07pm | Report
Having fun is a mindset, you're not in the right one.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5978
Joined:
Apr 30th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Just remember that ultimately these games were supposed to be fun and everyone's seemingly taking this way too seriously.


I think that's the core of NA Inhouse's issue. Nearly everyone takes it seriously, so win or lose can make you feel bitter. Scrims for professional teams aren't always fun and can actually be quite stressful from what I read, so I assume that a similar vibe can be felt in the NA Inhouses.

Having fun is a mindset, you're not in the right one.


That's not necessarily true. Yes, there are mindsets that may be conducive to having fun, but then there are things that are just not innately fun. Take continuous painful illness as an extreme example. No type of 'mindset' would make that fun.

And also saying someone's mindset is wrong is kind of insensitive too. It's like saying the emotions the person is feeling is wrong, but when it comes to emotions, there's no such thing. What they are feeling is what they are feeling. There is no 'wrongness' about it. You're basically implying that the one person should conform to the mindset of the many because his mindset is not right. That's the start of repression.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide