Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[NA] Inhouse Game Discussion - October

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard October 5, 2014 6:39pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 6:39pm | Report
game 1:

game 2:

game 3:
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 7:03pm | Report
Team 2 heavy.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 7:06pm | Report
and that is why you don't stick 5 people who don't play ADC all on the same team. 8D
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 1:05am | Report
you guys had a lot more problems than just your bot lane tbh
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 2:02am | Report
Ping was a little hard to get used to, but I had fun nonetheless :) Might be able to join again next week.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 3:42am | Report
and that is why you don't stick 5 people who don't play ADC all on the same team.

I'm pretty sure Nick and Toshabi could've played ADC at a decent level.
The team comp you guys had basically had zero initiation, and sion was made useless in that game.
This is one of the problems with inhouses, I've noticed that most of the teams I'm not on don't collaborate with each other and literally just pick what roles they want disregarding everyone else. Some people are just going to have to suck it up and play a role they aren't comfortable in because there's going to be a high probability that someone plays the role you play as well. I even offered to switch with Nick, or Toshabi because I thought it was fairly skewed in team 2's favor but you guys said it was fine.

I hate stomps so much that I was even considering to feed a little in game 1 so it could be evened out, but for me personally I hate it when I win off of pity so I didn't in hopes that everyone would have a little pride in them and take the loss with dignity.

Furthermore, even though there was a miscommunication in game 2 (Moon picking Janna thinking he was going to support), we still played as best as we could considering with what we had. Why can't people understand that you can play your best and have fun as well??? Even in game 3 I failed to even choose a champion and it gave me Taric, so I went with it (seriously don't know how I counter-jungled a Nunu though). The point being it's an inhouse, have fun but play your best it's just a game in the end and you can always learn from it.

Anywho,here are some habits I noticed playing against my lane opponents
Game 1: OTG, you were playing really passive so I took advantage of that and zoned you from as many minions as I could, even sacrificing a minion or two to keep the pressure on. Instead of playing passive you should have traded back with me whenever I went to harass you. In a longer skirmish I think you would actually win in the trade because of your shield on the Q and your stun (it also would depend on if I missed my stun or not). Also, your pathing made it really easy for me to predict your movements so I could land my stun, instead of walking straight toward a creep to kill it you should walk with a side-step, or even walk diagonally.
tl;dr I felt you had a inferiority complex and played too passive, play more confidently.

Game 2: Nighthawk, basically that lane was an island but you made the one mistake of letting me take free harass off of you when I would ultimately win because of Warwick's natural sustain. You tend to use your spells to farm, when you should just last-hit. You should learn how to control the top wave so you create more pressure on the opposing top-laner/jungler.

Game 3: Honestly, an important call came in and I couldn't talk the whole game but I managed to steal nunu's buffs which should never happen regardless and I managed to snowball mid lane. Other than that I have no clue how we won. Nunu was pretty easy to predict though and that one counter-gank at bot was pretty obvious. :x

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:32am | Report
You say you hate stomps and yet you consistently play oppressive snowballing champions against lower tier players. Of course I'm going to play passively against a champion that simply counters me in terms of damage and trading potential. I literally did not have the cool downs to win any trades with you by a very large margin. I'm pretty sure your win rate in inhouses is ridiculous in my eyes for this very fact alone. (Barring games you were support or something non damaging). Who knows, maybe I'm just not there when you lose with these champions, but I generally seem to see it on the winning side. And I always seem to end up on the receiving end of it. I get that I am simply being outplayed and what not, and I should just get better and blah blah blah, but seriously. How can I not get upset when this happens every week? I know I'm not the only one who feels like they simply get hunted by the higher tier people at times.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 7:03am | Report
Mooninites wrote:
you guys had a lot more problems than just your bot lane tbh
oh I know that. that's just where I was and I know I'm a piss poor ADC. I shouldn't have picked Ezreal, but I was a little scared to pick any of the ADCs I don't suck complete *** at given that they all have shorter ranges and I'm just not that good at them.

My comment was a joke anyways, should have stuck an "xD" in there or something, I guess.

EDIT: fixed it
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:49am | Report
I looked at previous inhouse games and it looks like OTG hasn't won a single inhouse game since the end of august. I'll see if i can learn how to balance games better, as this shouldn't ever really happen to this extremity.

To any and all below plat tier players: Humble yourselves, but have some confidence in your abilities as well. you guys do play well, and I really mean it!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:53am | Report
On another note, after inhouses are over, if I am available, I'll be hosting a post-game analysis of the inhouse games. These are not affiliated with the official mobafire inhouses, so you won't be getting any extra points for attending these game analyses.

These are purely for learning, for those interested in improving their gameplay =)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide